• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I can't handle stupid people anymore

lt7rv7F.jpg

But isn't wanting that insular life part of the problem? I could give up and make my surroundings my palace, but if everyone collectively does that, then the world burns.

And yet I feel my efforts are fruitless.

You're right, people want to be controlled. They are afraid of their own autonomy.
Also, they don't want to realise that they have believed a boatload of lies all their life. They feel more secure believing that the 'system' will look after them. At the end of the day, you can only help those who want to learn. My mantra these days is "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink." Don't beat yourself up about them. You've done all you could, the rest is their choice.

I just can't. On the one hand you have people who are totally unwilling to learn anything new, and on the other you have people who are actively lying because it serves some kind of personal or political agenda. You could be a total expert in your field but no matter how much you inform them, they will continue to cling to ignorance or, worse, they will continue spouting the same lie over and over. Eventually, if that lie gains enough agenda-based popularity, it becomes the truth.

The populism I'm seeing is incredibly frustrating but there's nothing I can do to curb it. All it takes is enough populists getting into government, and enough time, and their stupidity becomes societal dogma.

The house is on fire and people are still trying to act like it's not, either by feigning ignorance or outright trying to keep people ignorant of the truth.

This is how wars start, both civil and foreign. This is how people become indecent and commit murders, when they get so angry at how stupid some people are that they just want the madness to stop.

Stupid people. They are the cause of all that ails this planet.

So the question is... do I just sit back, stop fighting, and watch it all burn? Or do I continue trying to be a point on the map that still wants to uphold things like intellectual integrity, honesty, and compassion for life?

At what point do you throw in the towel and just preserve all the enlightened wonders you've achieved for yourself and your loved ones, and stop trying to share it with humanity?

Because clearly there is mass hypnosis going on and there is a growing trend of anti-truth that denies reality.

It just angers me that there are so many solutions lying in wait but they won't be endorsed because populists won't STFU. To know that things COULD be better, but they aren't because of stupid people, is something I'm having a really hard time letting go of.

I wouldn't even care about these stupid people, but they are achieving real power now which is a big problem.

Be the change you want to see. Set the example.

Do NOT ever let go of your integrity, honesty, compassion, and love for others.

The best way to get through to others is not by throwing insults or violence, it is by setting the example and silently and patiently waiting for them to see the Light. Some are young souls among old souls. It is up to us old souls to hold the line.

Love one Another.
❤️

So, Gordon Geko culture reached china, quelle surpise!?..

oh, I think I should mention by the by, my "heartfelt", concern and shock about the reticence toward, nuclear fuel. I should engage a serious discussion about nuclear energy as an alternative to fossil fuels however, the catastrophes that may result from geopolitical warfare, may mitigate its benevolent and efficient embark - and that leads me to, HUMBLY and stoically, "think" about the consciousness lacking in the world, did I mention my fluency in french ( Aiming to start a thread that will eventually, start a post on trump and macron - just so I can talk about myself ( after all, I lived there and speak french - *note to self - this is an asset to gain societal admiration - moreover and also, aim to have people drop into a political debate (unrelated to the thread) about things related to me and my interests and short scope of focus ( because I have developed no sense of insight); but the former; me, my agenda (basically, me and my perception of Buddhism - which is also about me and my perceptions) I thought I'd drop that in for notoriety, incase anyone gets a whiff of what bullshit I claim to; and to make my points about me and me and myself, "appear" more credible and get everyone in on it. I'm a hero, to the world -yay! Go -me! Also, did I mention, my most proud accomplishment to date is to state, my entitlement, btw, did you know, are you even aware; I know more than you?

lol awsome

I'm curious, Aseciplus, what agenda is there here?

I'm a little sketchy today and have not the time or skill to do the whole vague reference/ subtle jabs and innuendo to figure out what is bubbling up occasionally . Je nes comprehends past le OP apart from a few posts here and there, entertaining thread is entertaining though.

I'm a little sketchy today and have not the time or skill to do the whole vague reference/ subtle jabs and innuendo to figure out what is bubbling up occasionally . Je nes comprehends past le OP apart from a few posts here and there, entertaining thread is entertaining though.
I think hes just indulging in a paragraph of concentrated, triple distilled absurdity as a means of soothing the sting of vexation.

nice guys finish last. Morality is counterproductive to success in most any professional career. The people that lie and cheat get the farthest (as long as they don't get caught). Hence the most powerful people are pieces of shit and the people with good hearts that should be in charge are barely scraping by in life

nice guys finish last. Morality is counterproductive to success in most any professional career. The people that lie and cheat get the farthest (as long as they don't get caught). Hence the most powerful people are pieces of shit and the people with good hearts that should be in charge are barely scraping by in life
Not always. Pathological types are the minority even at the top, I believe. The issue is for you, is when the people who wield power do not have a shared stake in your ongoing success. If there is no blood, no culture, no religion and no nation that makes you and your continued well being of any more importance than any other human selected at random, its hardly a surprise when they don't bother to consider your interests.

Also, the people with the so called good hearts can be the worst tyrants of all, because they have power and think they know whats best and right, and think they have a duty to use that power to force that upon you. So anyone whos not in prison is in nappies and nothing gets produced except rules and means of enforcing them.

^ i think trying to control others lifestyles is immoral. So a moral person at the top making laws because "they know best" is immoral. I person of good moral character shouldn't need a stake in your success to do what is good for you. They should do what is good for you because we are all in this together and its nice to help people.

😀👍

I'll splain again, when I've more time, plugg

I split off the China discussion from this thread and moved it to its own thread, so please continue that conversation there.

Baby I can split lots of things, not just threads.

You can imagine this, which's nothin new. We were stupid before, technology did the last brick, ha.

My housemate is a schizophrenic friend who tried some meth a couple nights ago. He's on haldol, invega, and a few other psychotropics. I ask him if he is taking his meds tonight and he said he wasn't going to because he didn't want to ruin the high. I warned him he could get psychotic, and woke up last night to him screaming in his room.