• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I can't handle stupid people anymore

Paris Hilton? Gross. I don't even know what Burning Man is.
Does she go to Bohemian Grove too? Btw, I watched that Alex Jones piece again and that was absolutely the screams of a man being set on fire. "Effigy" my ass! Monsters.

The way I see it Burning Man used to be something special...
BUT the event has been taken over by idiots. When people like Paris Hilton are going to the thing the real spirit of the event is dead imo.
while i think there's a grain of truth in what you say here, i think you're making assumptions (which is unavoidable when you're going on second-hand information).

i co-founded a burning man theme camp in 1999 and attended 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002. 1999 wasn't quite the baker beach good old days but it was definite still the foothills in terms of attendance before it really took off (i.e. getting a ticket was not a problem).

that first year attendance was ~23,000. i went back again in 2016 after a 14 year absence. attendance in 2016 was ~67,000. a lot of people warned me "don't go it got lame" and "you won't like it. it's completely changed".

of course it had changed - a ~200% increase in people is immediately noticeable. it felt fundamentally bigger and busier. in 1999 we drove right in. in 2016 i had to wait in a line for 5 hours to get in (and i had early entry...).

camps were bigger. art pieces were everywhere and many were bigger. at night (i tend to live a fairly nocturnal existence in brc) there was so much more electric light - it was brighter and louder. but...

when i returned home and people asked how it was my answer was that, sure, in some ways it's changed noticeably but the out-and-about, day-to-day experience was, for me, no different than it was all those years ago when i first went. my extemporaneous interactions with people were joyful, funny and enlightening. i had great conversations with many strangers. i saw generosity and compassion everywhere and left feeling like i'd been away for years and come home and everything was where it should be.

the real spirit of the event is dead? i could not disagree more.

alasdair

Last edited:
I don't take psychedelics. I firmly believe people are risking encountering dark forces, but that's just me.
I just wanted to say that I was an athiest until my first acid trip. My uncle agrees with you and thinks it's the devil's work (spiritual experiences through psychedelics I mean) but I completely disagree. On LSD, particularly when having sex with my wife on LSD, I feel the closest to God that I ever have thus far in life. God inspired Hoffman to taste LSD so that he could reveal himself to us.

What's wrong with discovering God through altered states of consciousness?

I just wanted to say that I was an athiest until my first acid trip. My uncle agrees with you and thinks it's the devil's work (spiritual experiences through psychedelics I mean) but I completely disagree. On LSD, particularly when having sex with my wife on LSD, I feel the closest to God that I ever have thus far in life. God inspired Hoffman to taste LSD so that he could reveal himself to us.

What's wrong with discovering God through altered states of consciousness?

There are several reports of people being influenced by demons on LSD. Taking trips are very risky. People aren't only discovering God on trips, it would be different if they were.
Most times, they are encountering "spirit guides" and "entities", all demonic.

Couldn't they just as easily be angelic? Are you saying cg? could be possessed by a demon as we speak?

Demons pose as "angels of light" all the time to trick people. Who are you saying might be possessed by a demon? I didn't get the name. I'm just saying you're more likely to encounter demonic spirits during trips. If you're not educated on what they are, then they can easily take over you.

i think you're making assumptions (which is unavoidable when you're going on second-hand information).

True
That logic cuts both ways though, remeber your post(s) about Brexit? ;)

I will tip my hat to you though for having a hand in Burning Man, it was on my bucketlist for many years.

In the book, LSD: My Problem Child, Albert Hofman, the scientist who created LSD, wrote about how his first controlled experiment with the drug opened him up to demons:

“The dizziness and sensation of fainting became so strong at times that I could no longer hold myself erect, and had to lie down on a sofa. My surroundings had now transformed themselves in more Janefying ways. Everything in the room spun around, and the familiar objects and pieces of furniture assumed grotesque, threatening forms… Even worse than these demonic transformations of the outer world, were the alterations that I perceived in myself, in my inner being. Every exertion of my will, every attempt to put an end to the disintegration of the outer world and the dissolution of my ego, seemed to be wasted effort. A demon had invaded me, had taken possession of my body, mind, and soul. I jumped up and screamed; trying to free myself from him, but then sank down again and lay helpless on the sofa. The substance, with which I had wanted to experiment, had vanquished me. It was the demon that scornfully triumphed over my will. I was seized by the dreadful fear of going insane…” –LSD-My Problem Child, 1980, McGraw-Hill Book Company

Hofmann even acknowledges that the sense of becoming possessed by a demon after ingesting LSD is a common report among most researchers:

“Both the estrangement from the environment and the estrangement from the individual body, experienced in both of the preceding experiments described by Gelpke – as well as the feeling of AN ALIEN BEING, A DEMON, SEIZING POSSESSION OF ONESELF – are features of LSD inebriation that, in spite of all the other diversity and variability of the experience, are cited in most research reports. I have already described the possession by the LSD demon as an uncanny experience in my first planned self-experiment.”

Have you considered going door to door like Mormon's or Jehovah's Witnesses? They seem to have more success 'converting' folks who aren't already on the fringes of society, such as the users of Bluelight. Are you surprised at all that we disagree with your assumptions? If we're all demons here I'm happy to be one :devilish:

Have you considered going door to door like Mormon's or Jehovah's Witnesses? They seem to have more success 'converting' folks who aren't already on the fringes of society, such as the users of Bluelight. Are you surprised at all that we disagree with your assumptions? If we're all demons here I'm happy to be one :devilish:

You guys asked me about LSD so I answered truthfully. I do understand the sensitivity here though so I'm sorry. I'm not trying to paint anyone as a demon. I love you guys. It was just a warning. I'm not perfect. There are things I need to stop doing in my own life. That doesn't make us devils. We're all a work in progress. I'll just stop talking about it, but I was asked, I wasn't gonna lie.
Sorry for any hurt feelings.

No feelings were hurt, I'm just trying to help you down your own spiritual path C2C.

I see evil where it is: In the white man, in humanity, in Pol Pot. I don't see it in LSD. I've felt it on 4-ho-met once and it's a drug I don't use anymore.

No feelings were hurt, I'm just trying to help you down your own spiritual path C2C.

I see evil where it is: In the white man, in humanity, in Pol Pot. I don't see it in LSD. I've felt it on 4-ho-met once and it's a drug I don't use anymore.

Fair enough. I'm glad you haven't had any bad experiences on it.
Did you hear the "Whitey On the Moon" poem I posted in the other thread? Haha I'm not beating up on the white man today, but it's hilarious. It was recorded long ago, but still holds true today.

Fair enough. I'm glad you haven't had any bad experiences on it.
Did you hear the "Whitey On the Moon" poem I posted in the other thread? Haha I'm not beating up on the white man today, but it's hilarious. It was recorded long ago, but still holds true today.
No but I'll check into it. I'm a white guy. I'm not really saying I hate white folks, I hate all folks. Every race/gender/etc. has committed horrible atrocities and so I guess you could say I hate equally, but I used the term the white man as reference to Native Americans and our genocide of their peoples and cultures.

Go fuck that demonic looking g/f of yours.
cthulhu-approves-of.jpg

i want what he's having 😁
yeah please i will have one of those ?

edit: 99.9 lol

inh i need help btw 😭
does that make you laugh ?