• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I can't handle stupid people anymore

this will be less specific and more an expansion upon a gist of things

People that are "enlightened" or "smart" will always be divorced from people who are "stupid" or reluctant to absorb new information. As I see it, the world will get more functional and cohesive when the storm of warring ideologies passes, and any conversation in its wake is reflective. The world may end several times over before that point, and after. Somehow I doubt the end of humanity will be because of partisan politics.

Briefly touching on population- One side of the table says disaster will strike faster than the added few billion minds can have time to avoid it. The other side posits that, of the added few billion people, the amount that are super genius and/or innovative will help us dissolve disaster faster than disaster can dissolve us.

:?:sus: the world is being rinsed in a scientific baptism, and to some degree, a philosophical one. I'm optimistic.
And in terms of handling stupid people, you can't. Just raise good kids.

This was helpful... thank you.

goddamn I am also pretty disappointed by the state of human society, but that is some next level misanthropic shit in here...

most worrying to me is that you, Foreigner seem to be comfortable with government or some other higher line of command deciding on which one is allowed to have children (calling it "breed" is pretty bad and inhumane, in my opinion, btw). how should this powerful entity look like to handle such a complex issue in a just way?

Also, it seems, the less impoverished and more educated a population is, the less it will grow. maybe we should abolish poverty instead of punishing those already way below in the pecking order?

goddamn I am also pretty disappointed by the state of human society, but that is some next level misanthropic shit in here...

most worrying to me is that you, Foreigner seem to be comfortable with government or some other higher line of command deciding on which one is allowed to have children (calling it "breed" is pretty bad and inhumane, in my opinion, btw). how should this powerful entity look like to handle such a complex issue in a just way?

Also, it seems, the less impoverished and more educated a population is, the less it will grow. maybe we should abolish poverty instead of punishing those already way below in the pecking order?

Poverty will never be abolished because that would require some humans to give up their power.

Like I said, if we had all the time in the world I'd be content to just let humans keep breeding (yes, that's exactly what it is, thoughtless procreation like any other animal), but we don't have all the time in the world. We have a finite planet with an ecosystem in chaos because there are too many humans vying for high standards of living. We don't have time to wait for everyone to get educated and for the stupid and ignorant to stop fighting over whether the problems are real or not.

But I would much rather address the existential problem I referred to the OP than go back to talking about population control. It's not the purpose of why I created the thread.

Poverty will never be abolished because that would require some humans to give up their power.

Like I said, if we had all the time in the world I'd be content to just let humans keep breeding (yes, that's exactly what it is, thoughtless procreation like any other animal), but we don't have all the time in the world. We have a finite planet with an ecosystem in chaos because there are too many humans vying for high standards of living. We don't have time to wait for everyone to get educated and for the stupid and ignorant to stop fighting over whether the problems are real or not.

I like you more as each day passes Foreigner.

^^
In case you've not seen it, let me share with all of you this piece by Nick Sand, which I find so incredibly comforting. I would wish that for you, too.

5048434.jpg

Journey into the realm of ibogaine

by Nick Sand

Back in 1964, when psychedelic exploration was still legal, I obtained three doses of ibogaine. I had previously been doing extensive exploration with LSD, peyote, DMT, and mescaline, both in my laboratory as chief alchemist for the League of Spiritual Discovery, and internally on my own quest for illumination. Always on the lookout for new and effective ways to access God-consciousness, I was eager to try ibogaine. I'd heard fascinating stories about ibogaine from older friends who had turned me on to my first psychedelic experience with mescaline. One told of a parade of cosmic proportions. Another described a pageant of incredible detail and completely realistic visions, like watching a movie. These were some of the tantalizing descriptions presented to me about ibogaine.

LSD tends to magnify, intensify and empower the vision of a timeless moment. DMT, on the other end of the tryptamine spectrum, tends to transport one into a totally “other” realm, replete with elaborate and intensely colorful designs, strange guardian creatures, and visitations from divine messengers. Having retrieved rich treasures of spiritual secrets from the DMT realms, I am intrigued by the descriptions of ibogaine.

Looking through my anthropology books, I found passages describing members of the Bwiti cult in central Africa using Tabernanthe iboga, a traditional plant source for ibogaine, in ceremonies to visit their ancestors and receive instructions. In lower doses, ibogaine is said to give hunters the ability to stay motionless for many hours while they became one with the jungle.

My two intrepid cosmic companions, Alan and Raymond, and myself are all enthusiastic about trying it. We decide to take it at their flat in Brooklyn Heights—a brownstone building that had fallen into disrepair—that lay on the boundary between the black and Puerto Rican neighborhoods. They had fixed the fireplace and transformed the flat into a psychedelic temple. Now assembled, we discuss the preparations. We fast for two days and spend the day before quietly reading, meditating, and doing yoga to ensure the best possible experience. We disconnect the phone and put a “do not disturb, meditation in progress” sign up on the door.

We each take about 800 mg of ibogaine hydrochloride, a chalky white powder with a bitter, earthy taste. We sit on mattresses arranged on a carpet around the fire. We wait one, two, three hours, and nothing happens. The fire burns low, but no one moves to build it up. The shadows grew long and night fell. Simultaneously, we all lay down, as the lethargy that had subtly been coming on grows more intense. I have no desire to move. Everything is silent and still. I feel that I am in a soft, humming, electric cocoon that gives me little “funny bone” shocks if I touch it.

I am in the middle, centered between euphoria and depression. I feel balanced. My sense perceptions are heightened. The little glow from the fire brightens the whole room. My eyes focus in a different way—clear, but taking everything in. And then the room starts to spin. It is similar to an alcohol drunkenness, but with no feeling of vertigo or nausea at all. I am glad that I fasted! The whirling increases and I feel like I am in the center of a pinwheel. Faster and faster it spins, and then I am rising like a projectile through the room—with great chunks of wall and brick peeling back and falling away in slow motion. I shoot up into the stars: a pair of disembodied eyes wandering, searching. I am an essence - a solo awareness flying through the universe, exploring, seeking.

After an immense journey, I come to a planet. It is a sandy yellow color. I am able to project my vision down to it, and I look around the surface of the planet. It is an inhospitable looking place; with winds strong enough to blow rocks and sand past me. It looks lethally hot and dry. I move on. Next, I come to a dark green planet. No clouds. No seas. No mountains. It looks as though it is covered with a poisonous mold. I do not want to go any closer. I continue on through the galaxies until I arrive above a whirling vortex that is coalescing into a solar system. I watched a sun and its planets form, and come closer to observe. I am drawn to one of the middle planets. The fiery liquid surface is cooling and turning from yellow and red to black solids, broken by red rivers of lava emitting flames. Slowly, the planet cools until fumes and vapors veil the entire surface. As I circle the planet, I sense a long epoch of torrential rains, as water vapor forms and condenses in the upper atmosphere and falls toward the burning surface, only to evaporate again long before reaching the ground. Eventually, the planet cools and the rains arrive on the lands below. After what seems like a long time, the clouds begin to clear. I scan the planet now, seeing and being everything that I come across. I watch mountain chains rise and volcanoes burst, and everything subside again and again into flat plains and meandering rivers. Time and time again, mountains rise and dissolve and continents appear and disappear. Then this slows down, and I watch the seas and plains. All is sterile—a tan land with smoking volcanoes and no life, yet fecund and ready.

As I watch, I see life appear. I observe spots of green forming along the seashores. They shoot along the banks, forming a green margin, and then run up the rivers and tributaries like the veins in a leaf. The barren spaces between these branches are filled with proliferating plant life. The oceans seem to be teeming with life, and then the first bug-like creatures start to crawl out on land. They spread all over, rapidly changing into a variety of insects and strange lobster-like creatures. Fern-like plants appear. Vast varieties of life appear and then disappear. Elaborate life experiments succeed one another with awesome complexity.

Then suddenly I am in a steaming swamp-like environment that looked familiar. With awe and amazement, I realize that I am watching the age of the dinosaur, and it slowly dawns on me that I am witness to the history of life evolving on the planet Earth! With a speed that defies accurate recall, life forms change again and again, spreading and multiplying in a dizzying array of shapes and colors. Humanoid creatures appear and soon after are hunting, then farming and building. Civilizations bloom, spread, and subside, like bubbles on a fermenting pond. Ages of war and conquest express the speed of civilization and technology. I witness slaughter and mayhem, torture and mutilation, rape and castration. Man’s inhumanity to man is illustrated in myriad forms. I am there, “in” it, feeling it as both the doer and the done to. For what seems an interminably long time, civilizations rise and fall in inter-folding waves of creation, and brilliant innovations in arts and sciences, only to fall in smoking ruins followed by ages of darkness.

Then, points of light appear in the dark, interconnecting again in new waves of discovery and renaissance. Undulating waves of humanity are crashing and washing over the planet in a succession of expansion and contraction. As I live through this flux and change, there arises in me an awareness of the noble and brave potential of humanity and its duty as the intelligent species to protect the forests and life forms and water of the planet. I experience a feeling of the sacred unity with all life. I see the whole planet’s surface as one organism, inhabited by one spirit, growing its forests to protect its surface and provide even moisture and temperature for all its creatures. I see one species, humanity, as the natural intelligent guardian of all life. I realize that it is humanity’s intelligence that must understand, preserve, and care for the earth’s surface—and life that is its nutrient substrate, its womb, and its mother. I feel how all life was precious, interconnecting, and supportive of all other life. I dedicate my spirit not to destroy any part of this puzzle of divine mystery that is the milk of creation. Throughout, there is this balance, and an acknowledgment of the intertwining of opposites, the negative and positive, the base and noble. This feeling flows through me as a dual aspect of one energy - total, deep... sweeping me away on this immense journey of life’s history. It was like falling in love, so entrancing was this vision.

Hours had elapsed. The fire was long gone, yet this movie continued with fantastic detail, one pageant coming on the heels of another. An example of the incredible detail that ibogaine shows: through my constantly available “zoom lens,” I am observing a French king and his retinue during a formal promenade in the gardens of Versailles. Of this large group of people in courtly splendor, one woman’s dress catches my eye. I can see from a great distance the hem of her dress, an intricate and tiny embroidery of inter-linked fleur-de-lis. Simultaneously, I see both immense and complicated scenes and vistas as well as small details with great precision. On and on it goes, and I never move. This peak experience goes on for at least 14 hours. I am watching scenes from the industrial revolution when the sun shows through the window. The movie continues in stronger and weaker waves, dimming in the light and finally fading out, although I know it is still going on at some internal level. Although I can move around now, I am still high, and it is still going on 24 hours later. This is a long trip!

By afternoon, we are all getting pretty hungry. I decide to brave the world and pick up some food at the corner store. I exit the house, which was located on the black side of the street, and head for a Puerto Rican store on the opposite corner. This is New York, a place where people don’t usually greet strangers on the street. I walk past this old man who glances up and says, “Hello.” Down at the corner I meet a black woman; we also greet each other and smile. I cross the street and enter the store. Pretty soon I am chatting and joking with the owners, and they are putting extra fruit in my bag as gifts. As I exit the store and cross the street, on my return I have to pass through a group of young black gang members who had just arrived. To my surprise they let me pass with no incident. What was going on? As I walk back it hits me. I know where we all came from. We all came from the same source—the same mother. There is no difference between us. I see it, I feel it... I “am” it, and that is recognizable instantly by others. I am transformed into a being at one with all other life. Racism and prejudice are incomprehensible to me. I know where we all come from, from the same universe: we are all one.

What I learned from this trip is that there is a new paradigm arising for humankind. Transcending mind, one finds the spirit or soul. Rejecting the bias of politics and the destructiveness of fear, one finds that life and unity and harmony are served by love. Humanity’s role as guardian of the planet becomes all too urgent as we go beyond the carrying capacity of the planet’s surface. This is the dream we must realize: to bring back the health of life and nature on this planet. Protect the womb that has borne us and still serves us. Bring back the forests, let the waters run clean, and live in love and harmony with each other. It is time to understand the roots of fear and deal with them. Let us join in a dance to celebrate life and love and rediscover the beauty of inner sacredness.

What is this stuff called ibogaine that tastes like earth and lets you see your ancestors? Is it a DNA-designed communication link to our origins? How far back are these origins? Are we visitors from space, planted here on the wings of the God-DNA? Is this cosmic panorama it reveals created to give humanity a real look at our history to understand who we are and how we are connected to the universe? One thing is certain: ibogaine is one of the true, deep psychedelics. It is flesh of the Gods. Use it with preparation, respect, and care, and you may grant yourself a taste of truth, a vision into the nature of reality and an inspiration to enter into the path of unity and knowing.

One of richest uses of psychedelics is giving them enough time and attention to allow the sacred messages to filter through and become meaningful. A day before for preparation and one afterwards for contemplation is ideal. The peyote people would spend the morning after, for a traditional breakfast and sharing the visions they had had and finding meanings in these messages from beyond. In like manner, we can also find new meanings for these visions as the years deepen our perspectives.

So as time passed, I wondered who it could have been that was seeing the evolution of life on our planet. Was this some mystery that would just have to be accepted as is? Many years later I came across two ideas that gave new meaning and depth to these ibogaine visions. The first idea came when I read about an explorer in the Amazon questioning the chief of the Mayoruna about the purpose of all the intense psychedelic journeys that the entire tribe participated in. He said that the purpose was to go back to the beginning. The second idea came after reading Jeremy Narby’s book The Cosmic Serpent. I realized that it was quite possible that the DNA molecule has an extraterrestrial origin. In fact, due to the complexity of this life-evolving molecule and the relatively short window it has had to evolve on this earth, DNA’s evolution here on planet earth may just be another geocentric earthling myth.

Putting these two ideas together started a process that gave a whole new meaning to my ibogaine vision. I was going back to the beginning. Going back to the beginning of life on this planet. Certainly, it was not my persona that was going back. Then what or who was going back? What was the common denominator of all living things? Who was the “I” that was observing and so intensely participating in all these lives and journeys? Suddenly I realized that the common denominator and the origin of life was the DNA that we all carry, whether it be the simplest bacteria or modern man. Now my vision took on a whole new meaning. Our consciousness predates this solar system. I'd gone back to the beginning, when I (and all of us) were space-borne DNA looking for a new home to create life. I'd been seeking through one solar system after another, until I came to the nascent solar system we call our home. Now I rush down to the surface after waiting eons for conditions to be right for the formation of life. Then down I go, creating new life, evolving from the beginning... into the vast mystery.

---

You are the "I" that Nick is referring to. There is nothing to worry about, you'll be ok. The planet will renew itself. Visualize and hold in your heart the greater purpose of creation.

pb
Fantastic posting...

Thank you!

I’ve been a fan of Nick Sand since I first heard him speak.

This story tops it all, though.

What a great guy!

He’s been gone / transitioned, what ( ? ) 2-3 years ago now?

He brought Divine intent to the lab.

Orange Sunshine, Baby!

Tim Scully is still around, but he’s not nearly the eloquent visionary that Sand is / was.

( Sorry Tim... but you and I used to correspond... you turned me onto some great books, but I think the penalty of prison, and subsequent servitude to Autodesk may have burnt your wings a bit... maybe later... ? )

Anyway, again: great posting quoting Sand.

He remains Legend.

?

I was actually just having a obvious joke lighten up you'll live longer
I’m liking your attitude! ... yes, I’ve been pretending to be stupid my entire life, only to prove the arrogance, and error of the self-appointed “smart people”. Pity. They’ve largely proven themselves as fools, for not seeing through my ruse.

The compassion and acceptance that they could have shown me, may have been a glimmer of their wisdom.

Arrogance is ignorance, in the final
equation.

Damn, you outed me!

I tire of stupid people as well. Then, I forgive them for wasting my time, and go about what’s left of this nervous system’s existence. There are many avenues to our inevitable end, why travel the course all the while lamenting with the ones who fail to grasp logic?

Part of the terror in all of this is nobody ever set the odds for us. There was never a deity who pointed his finger and said "You'll do this, this, and this to succeed." There was never an indication that lasting success or well being was possible.

A hard thing is to be both terrified and not make egregious moral errors.

I tire of stupid people as well. Then, I forgive them for wasting my time, and go about what’s left of this nervous system’s existence. There are many avenues to our inevitable end, why travel the course all the while lamenting with the ones who fail to grasp logic?

Because their stupidity directly affects things that I care about, things that are tied to the collective well being of all life. Also, on a personal level, I don't always have the fortitude to deal with such people, yet they are there and sometimes in my way. As I said in my OP, there are a lot of stupid people who have real power in our world. Their might makes them right, but they are actually total idiots. These people scare me. Fortunately, I don't come into contact with them too often. When I do, I just have to remember that they are unawakened neaderthals and to play them accordingly. It's the only way to stay safe when stupid people have power over you.

What frightens me the most is mobs of people or anyone who can't be reasoned with... people who have turned off their logic and you just have to cope with the sheer animal force of their idiocy. Kind of like when witches were burned in Europe or in Salem. What can you really do when a bunch of nimrods want to burn you for being a witch, and the more you say you're innocent, the more guilty you seem to those idiots? These are the kinds of stupid people I'm talking about. Sheep who would just as soon be herded right off a cliff for all they care. Lemmings. Dolts. Mindless automatons who have no creative core that allows them to think critically or beyond themselves. They are breeding more than the educated, smart people who know that breeding does not lead to happiness.

Part of the terror in all of this is nobody ever set the odds for us. There was never a deity who pointed his finger and said "You'll do this, this, and this to succeed." There was never an indication that lasting success or well being was possible.

A hard thing is to be both terrified and not make egregious moral errors.

Truer words were never spoken. There are no guarantees, only assumptions. The only thing I expect of humanity is for it to try it's best, and I'm not seeing that right now. I see a lot of laziness and waste, and it pisses me off because we're essentially at the 11th hour. If people want to behave like mere animals then they should just go live in the dirt or a cave somewhere. The dominionist logocentricism of entitlement to be served by this planet and its bounty for utterly stupid and trivial reasons is going to lead us all to annihilation.

If we give Foreigner's plan a whirl, the first thing we should do is prohibit reproductively stupid people (men and women) from owning, using, or possesing either, beer, wine or liquor, or, women's lingerie and high heels. The use of these items are the strongest predictors that a reproductive event is imminent. Hopefully taking away these items from reproductively stupid people will serve as a stern warning and they'll shape up.
Realistically, the first step would be to define what constitues a "stupid" person based on empircal scientific facts. Me thinks if this were around when all of us were born then none of us would be here, think about it.

The only thing I expect of humanity is for it to try it's best, and I'm not seeing that right now. I see a lot of laziness and waste, and it pisses me off because we're essentially at the 11th hour.
Well boss, we learn from pain, sometimes. Right now we are writhing in pain. We won't be the best we can be until more lessons are learned. There's a given number, certainly a minority, of people that can kind of anticipate tragedy and avoid it because they've run through the thought experiment, but other people won't make the same chess move. People have to try and fail.

The good news is, those watching are learning. The data that's being generated by the woes and the fights will be useful for a lonnnng time. I'm worried, because you are right to some degree when you mention the laziness and waste, that our reaction to the blow we sustain from 12 o clock will be met with similar complacency. This is sometimes fixed in individuals after one misses enough meals.

Plenty of parents have kids they cant afford but find a way weathers its working as a waitress all night or something else you can bet those kids will be more appreciative and less spoilt than the better off to so sorry foreigner buddy you argument holds no calling if I posted the same thing as you you would think I was trolling like someone said its a good job people like you are not in charge

This.

Yup.... social policy encourages breeding. They know they'll get a baby bonus if they have more babies. I'm not saying welfare life is glamorous but it allows people to shirk their responsibilities, while totally backing out of living up to their potential.

We need to stop rewarding breeding with government money. It's not fair to those of us who have chosen to focus on personal productivity who pay taxes.

The developed world (first world is not the correct word) has low birthrates but this does not offset the social problems. Because of the capitalist growth model, our governments are meeting replacement by importing immigrants from countries who still have a major breeding problem.

So even in the educated developing nations, we are still affected by rampant reproduction in other countries.

Part of the problem is indeed capitalism. The growth model can't go on.

China is a pretty civilized society, and they're way older than us. They took control of their reproduction problem so that millions wouldn't die of starvation, and it worked. They industrialized their nation in less than 2 generations. Look at India, which has no such controls. They have been languishing for over a century as they are inundated by homeless street children.

Yeah, China looks a lot more "civilized" to me compared to India.

People should not have a right to breed unabated. I don't care what people think of individual rights. Making babies affects everybody.

It's not like I'm sitting here all day twiddling my thumbs thinking about population projections. It takes just a minute to lookup future population projections, at the current rate of growth.

Are you pro-life? Well, pro-lifers are a cancer on this planet and their desire to force babies to born is creating untold social problems. We don't have time for the religious anymore. They need to get out of the way so that we can do what's best for this planet. More humans is not going to make this planet better. We need far less people. The world's ecology is collapsing.

Our worst violence is large a product of selfishness... people just focusing on their individuals lives, wants, hopes and dreams... like having families. Nobody stops to think about what having a baby will do to the planet, and how not having children could have a positive impact.

The problem is that stupid people keep breeding, and they're kept stupid by capitalists and the religious who benefit from increasing numbers.

Once the world's population reaches a good standard of education, people will discard religion and start looking at the situation rationally. The problem is, we're running out of time. By all projections we have about 12 years to stop the coming calamity, which means radical changes, many of them by legal force.

I would have NO problem with the government telling people they're only allowed to have 1 child max. We don't even have to force them to get abortions, we just have to tell them that any additional children will not receive credentials in the system, and therefore no education, no job, no benefits, no health care, no nothing. This, plus free contraception and abortion, would work wonders. Better yet, cease giving out baby bonuses for additional children. This will incentivize more abortions. People who can't afford kids shouldn't be having them.

Seriously, the rhetoric you post sounds bat-shit, extremist. You should talk to someone about your ideology, vaguely disguised as civilized discourse.

You're not fooling anyone with a few brain cells intact, tbh.

Seriously, the rhetoric you post sounds bat-shit, extremist. You should talk to someone about your ideology, vaguely disguised as civilized discourse.

You're not fooling anyone with a few brain cells intact, tbh.

I don't think what I'm saying is that radical. It's hard to accept for some, sure... you may even disagree. I don't think it's extreme.

Personally I agree with everything Foreigner has said, if anything he/she didn't go far enough.

The crippling human cover spread over the living layer of the Earth must forcibly be made lighter: breathing holes must be punctured in this blanket and the ecological footprint of man brushed away. Forms of boastful consumption must violently be crushed, the natality of the species violently controlled, and the number of those already born violently reduced — by any means possible.
  • Can Life Prevail?: A Revolutionary Approach to the Environmental Crisis

We do have to do double checks. Make sure we aren't stupid people status.

I just can't. On the one hand you have people who are totally unwilling to learn anything new, and on the other you have people who are actively lying because it serves some kind of personal or political agenda. You could be a total expert in your field but no matter how much you inform them, they will continue to cling to ignorance or, worse, they will continue spouting the same lie over and over. Eventually, if that lie gains enough agenda-based popularity, it becomes the truth.

The populism I'm seeing is incredibly frustrating but there's nothing I can do to curb it. All it takes is enough populists getting into government, and enough time, and their stupidity becomes societal dogma.

The house is on fire and people are still trying to act like it's not, either by feigning ignorance or outright trying to keep people ignorant of the truth.

This is how wars start, both civil and foreign. This is how people become indecent and commit murders, when they get so angry at how stupid some people are that they just want the madness to stop.

Stupid people. They are the cause of all that ails this planet.

So the question is... do I just sit back, stop fighting, and watch it all burn? Or do I continue trying to be a point on the map that still wants to uphold things like intellectual integrity, honesty, and compassion for life?

At what point do you throw in the towel and just preserve all the enlightened wonders you've achieved for yourself and your loved ones, and stop trying to share it with humanity?

Because clearly there is mass hypnosis going on and there is a growing trend of anti-truth that denies reality.

It just angers me that there are so many solutions lying in wait but they won't be endorsed because populists won't STFU. To know that things COULD be better, but they aren't because of stupid people, is something I'm having a really hard time letting go of.

I wouldn't even care about these stupid people, but they are achieving real power now which is a big problem.

I think that seeing them as stupid and ignorant is part of why these undesired behaviors are perpetuated. Its understandable why an intelligent person such as yourself would have that attitude but if we want to do everything that we possibly can to help ease this situation we have to take into consideration the effect that that "stupidity" outlook has on the existing issue that you have expressed.

The more you hold that mentality the more you will see them as separate from you and you will continue to see them as an opposition in which they respond naturally in an opposing way. As a result this dichotomy is perpetuated by our negative outlooks and judgements upon people and society remains disconnected. Because that will just encourage them to indulge in those behaviors even more out of spite and reinforce their reasons for causing such destruction in the first place. So we have to realize that we are at fault too and it is not sufficient to just provide any knowledge and wisdom you have and expect people to accept it. Nor is It progressive if we just expect them to live up to the standard of how we feel they should act and then ridicule them when they dont live up to That standard. That will just perpetuate it because by doing that you already are implying that you are superior because of this knowledge you have and if they dont follow you then they are subjected to ridicule.

They want you to be mad. They want you to be frustrated. They want you to just sit back and watch the whole world burn. So does it really make much logical sense to have that sort of outlook? I understand that you are genuinely upset about this and you need to express that which is fine and every human has the right to feel what they are going to feel but at the same time you have to consider the posibility that that reaction that you have may be contributing to the perpetuation.We must take a different approach. We have to come to the harsh realization that they are just as much a part of the human family as you are and accept them as our family and people we wanna help. Over the decades its been all about intellectual strategies but in order to fix this we need to take more of an emotional/sentimental approach. And you mentioned compassion so I'm sure you already have an understanding of what I'm trying to explain to you. The more you get frustrated over it and judge them you give them more power.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, I appreciate it.

I think that seeing them as stupid and ignorant is part of why these undesired behaviors are perpetuated. Its understandable why an intelligent person such as yourself would have that attitude but if we want to do everything that we possibly can to help ease this situation we have to take into consideration the effect that that "stupidity" outlook has on the existing issue that you have expressed.

The more you hold that mentality the more you will see them as separate from you and you will continue to see them as an opposition in which they respond naturally in an opposing way. As a result this dichotomy is perpetuated by our negative outlooks and judgements upon people and society remains disconnected. Because that will just encourage them to indulge in those behaviors even more out of spite and reinforce their reasons for causing such destruction in the first place. So we have to realize that we are at fault too and it is not sufficient to just provide any knowledge and wisdom you have and expect people to accept it. Nor is It progressive if we just expect them to live up to the standard of how we feel they should act and then ridicule them when they dont live up to That standard. That will just perpetuate it because by doing that you already are implying that you are superior because of this knowledge you have and if they dont follow you then they are subjected to ridicule.

They want you to be mad. They want you to be frustrated. They want you to just sit back and watch the whole world burn. So does it really make much logical sense to have that sort of outlook? I understand that you are genuinely upset about this and you need to express that which is fine and every human has the right to feel what they are going to feel but at the same time you have to consider the posibility that that reaction that you have may be contributing to the perpetuation.We must take a different approach. We have to come to the harsh realization that they are just as much a part of the human family as you are and accept them as our family and people we wanna help. Over the decades its been all about intellectual strategies but in order to fix this we need to take more of an emotional/sentimental approach. And you mentioned compassion so I'm sure you already have an understanding of what I'm trying to explain to you. The more you get frustrated over it and judge them you give them more power.

I hear what you are saying, but it's not a matter of people living up to my standards. That is similar to how people said earlier in this thread that I am arrogant and think I'm better than everyone else. That's not true. I not only believe that clear insight is possible for ANYONE to achieve, but that I possess it. It's not like I gained nothing from my near death experiences. I had my whole life, self-concept and everything I held dear stripped away from me in a very pro-longed, seemingly unending way. It has left me with a very core way of seeing reality and the way humans operate.

What I see is a society steeped in self-denial, fear, and delusion. The delusion is perpetual. I've always known this, but the problem now is that the consequences of those delusions and their related actions are beginning to cascade into major problems that are trashing the planet. The problem only grows exponentially as humans reproduce. We don't need more humans who are delusional, we need more humans who have clear insight... and it feels like we live in degenerate times where people hardcore believe in materialism. Not only that, they are doubling down on it during the 11th hour when we are really at risk of widespread annihilation. It is essentially a suicidal delusion.

I agree that too much emphasis has been placed on the intellectual/rational. Rational problems ask for rational solutions, which just create more problems that in turn need more rationality to solve. Rationality is its own obstacle to awakening. That's part of the cascade we're seeing. However, I don't think emotionality or sentimentality is the answer either. People are losing faith in the school of rationality because of how it's being abused and manipulated to coerce people's minds, so they are deferring to emotions, which in turn is creating reactionaries, populism, and demagogues. People know something is wrong but they are misattributing their feeling to the wrong source. They can sense the walls around them but don't know who the jailer is. Some aren't even that aware.

What you're asking is for me to be compassionate. Okay, that's fair. I practice compassion on a daily basis, but I have compassion fatigue. It is literally sucked out of me everywhere I go because everyone wants it, but few self-generate it. So where does that leave the people who are awake with clear insight? I am not enlightened so I can't generate it forever. It often looks like bailing water out of the ocean. What's the point? I mean, even if the world blows up tomorrow, everything is okay. I am not worried about dying.

But on a purely political and material level, I cannot abide the willful ignorance I'm seeing anymore. Most humans on the planet now have access to the entire sum of human knowledge in a handheld device. We are at a time when there is so much knowledge available but people are doing the cowardly thing and copping out. They're still reverting to their lazy animal natures, their creature comforts, their ignorance. I'm sorry but that IS stupid. It's not about privilege or anything else. It's about stupidity vs. agency.

I am really on the fence about whether humanity can and should be helped, or if there's no point. I'm not a Buddhist, but to use an analogy, should I be of compassionate service and try to show people what being awake looks like (Mahayana), or should I concern myself with the one true reality and enlighten myself (Theraveda).