• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I can't handle stupid people anymore

but only just enough? what kind of love is that? conditional love. i'm sure many know how that typically works out. doesn't sound like love to me...

alasdair

No no no no. God loves you regardless. If you go to hell for eternity, that's your fault for not loving him back.

Because as God is the standard abusive spouse, if he can't have you, nobody can!

Dont they all?

Mm, no. Sometimes they turn into threads about guns or abortion. But yeah if it goes on long enough it'll eventually be one of those three.

@F.U.B.A.R. - Yeah.

God in his infinite wisdom will always prevail.

I think everyone who believes in jesus should have their own continent.

That strikes me as a very bad idea. You put a bunch of fanatics together, they have this habit of coming to the conclusion that everyone has to believe what they believe.

Honestly I think it's just the large scale version of those rule nazis who feel like they can't be comfortable living in the world unless everyone is following their personal standards.

The ongoing joke that all priests are pedos really needs to die.

Yeah I agree, it's not fair to the majority who are good people trying to do the right thing, and not pedophiles.

It's like the constant assigning of domestic abuser to all cops. Most cops are good people and it's really not fair to them, as they're doing a necessary public service. To a lot of people, priests are a necessary public service too. Certainly to them, they are.

Obviously not all people of religion are paedophiles. But it does appear to be an alarming trend in Catholicism and Islam (and football coaches).

No drinkin', druggin', or fernickatin' for me this weekend. Gonna spoil the wife and kids.

Enjoy everyone!

Poor Hitler, all people thought he was the worst, no person was colder than him but sadly Stalin was the most fucked up, most people nowadays don't know this. A fun fact to lay in this thread as others are speakin nonsense.

===

Angel dust?

Naah, I think they directly smokin the black holes all those weird shits, the high that you would get, shet.

JFK murder, Zodiac killings, Black Bridge files, are we are alone or not? both are scary. All others myths and stories that slipped away, I think time-travel will solve all ''?'' generally speaking.

I think time travel (into the past) would cause reality to unmake itself because of people changing things and having instant ripple effects into the future. Actually I think the fact that this hasn't happened means it's impossible to do, because if it was possible, it have been done in the future which would mean it would have happened in the past already. And if time travel to the future only is possible then it won't solve any questions for society because they wouldn't be able to get back to report on anything.

Either that, or it is possible and reality is changing all the time but we can't tell because it seamlessly changes our entire memory of the past.

That strikes me as a very bad idea. You put a bunch of fanatics together, they have this habit of coming to the conclusion that everyone has to believe what they believe.

Honestly I think it's just the large scale version of those rule nazis who feel like they can't be comfortable living in the world unless everyone is following their personal standards.

When i said continent i was thinking one that they can't escape from. I forgot people can swim. I mean fly. I mean.. you know what i mean.

F.U.B.A.R. nailed it when he said asylum.

A lot of people really hate religion for all the horrible things thats been done in its name. I understand why, but honestly I think it's misguided.

The problem is fanaticism. Beliefs taken to an extreme such that the whole world needs to change to conform with them. That frequently becomes attached to religion, probably because religion promotes fanatics. But it's not the only way it can manifest.

The belief that the whole world has to be communist might be another version, or that the whole world must be racially pure. It doesn't have to come in the form of religion, and I think it's all the same underlying human fallibilities at work.

My point is, getting rid of all the religious people won't solve the problem, arguably it's just another expression of the problem.

The problems not one easily solved, because it requires everyone to find a way to tolerate each other. Which in general people haven't been great at.

You're right, i was totally off base.

Didn't think anyone would take it seriously, but i understand you wanted to make a statement out of it, for the record.

Very reasonable points, @JessFR.

But wouldn't you say in order to tolerate one another, one must be the bottom, and another the top? Someone has to "wear the pants". And when it comes to god, I'M on top. I AM the god. And i'm wearing MC hammer 'cuz my nawts don't fit.

This isn't extreme, all or nothing, black and white thinking, this is just how we all are. Do you really share the pants, @JessFR? Do you share your pants? How about you, @CoastTwoCoast. Do you share the pants, or like being on bottom?

I think these are all important questions we must ask ourselves.

In order to get off with each other.

Right, @Captain.Heroin and @mal3volent?

Last edited:
Lol, I was going to say earlier that Christianity would be a lot more palatable if Christians weren't banging on about Jesus all the time, but elected not to so as not to cause offence... ;) Seems like the discussion is at a place that that would not be inappropriate now though. No disrespect to the guy if he ever really existed of course.

Obviously as mentioned fundamentalism is the real problem, or at least, more of a problem, and for all it's faults, barring a few small groups of extremists, Christianity is probably the most sanitised, secularised and inoffensive of the major theistic religions that persist today, having been dragged kicking and screaming into the modern age... so it has that going for it at least.