• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I Argue In My Head that Roxys Are The PERFECT Anti-depressant... Do You Too?

Dissociatives and GABAergics are more effective anti-depressants, in my experience. Opioids are good, but aren't terribly useful.

GABA all day over anti-depressant; seriously, try out Gabapentin/Neurotin as an anti-depressant rather than an actual anti-depressant. by no mean am I a Dr. but I've been down both roads and still take gaba to this day and I feel fucking grat all day.

I hear you. It took 24 years away from my life and I still struggle to keep sober after almost 5 months. My detox was from Methadone. I had thought that my life was totally normal when I didn´t do "street drugs" and felt like my life was super normal.
That was my worst mistake. I fooled myself for years and years until I realized I had to quit everything.
It´s not easy, as you said "a band aid for a gunshot wound" .

yep, i said the same thing on methadone, that i was living a clean life..people say the same thing on subuxone but little do they know they are still in an opiate bubble...when i quit methadone, the extreme lethargy, anxiety, depression never ended..i remember 16 months after i quit i still felt shitty even though i felt a little better as time went on, i still felt like shit..i could never kick methadone again i dont think..

^^^ agreed with a few posts above... Dude your using HEROIN... As an IV H addict, get out of this game before you can't... IMHO it doesn't matter wether you sniff or shoot it... Heroin ain't a joke... Keep sniffing it and see.. This drug will IMO show you a whole new world of PAIN, SICKNESS, and SUFFERING way more intense than the pills... Dope is the only drug I've seen put even the toughest grown men curled up in a ball on the floor crying, rolling around in pain, begging for death to make the pain end.. I wish you the best man I really do, its just heroin has a "fun harmless phase" that hooks us all in the beginning.. And it will with you too if you keep at it.. After that quickly ends, your deadbolted on a one way train with no brakes traveling 100mph straight to hell.. Some of the towns you may pass through, are overdoses, death, prison, homelessness, loss of friends, family, bankruptcy, and turning into a lifeless shell.. Take it from me, I'm addicted to heroin right now after 8 months clean.. ITS NOT WORTH IT! - hockey

yep, i said the same thing on methadone, that i was living a clean life..people say the same thing on subuxone but little do they know they are still in an opiate bubble...when i quit methadone, the extreme lethargy, anxiety, depression never ended..i remember 16 months after i quit i still felt shitty even though i felt a little better as time went on, i still felt like shit..i could never kick methadone again i dont think..

yea, but why quit suboxone? seriously, ill never understand it. I am spending $100/mo for my Dr. appt and script, rather than spend $100+ a day on dope. I feel fucking great, my life is finally together, I have money saved, I go on vacas, I have a girlfriend, I have friends, a license again, a car, job, I have EVERYTHING FUCKING BACK FINALLY! after fucking 10+ years of dope and losing everything slowly, but its all coming back and I feel fucking GREAT! so yea, bupe/sub is still an opiate, but its something I am scripted and gets me by feeling fucking GREAT DAILY and I live a "normal" life. so why must I get off it? why should I think in a negative sense? why hurry get off only to feel like shit, be depressed, and probably relapse.

and btw, I've been on both, and methadone is much harder to kick than bupe. I never bothered even trying to kick the done', I just started shooting dope a few days later.

I believe in some cases of treatment resistant major depression opiate/opiod therapy can work. I've been through all all the anti depressants and anti psychotics with no luck just side effects. I also suffer from chronic pain so I'm scripted Oxys and they do make me feel at peace mentally but they stop working for physical pain at some point. Were all wired differently so who knows. The trick, I guess, would be to have the money to afford the amount of opiates u need to feel sane around the clock which is very difficult with Oxys.

I believe in some cases of treatment resistant major depression opiate/opiod therapy can work. I've been through all all the anti depressants and anti psychotics with no luck just side effects. I also suffer from chronic pain so I'm scripted Oxys and they do make me feel at peace mentally but they stop working for physical pain at some point. Were all wired differently so who knows. The trick, I guess, would be to have the money to afford the amount of opiates u need to feel sane around the clock which is very difficult with Oxys.

I don't know why you bumped this month old thread, but so you are aware the only opioid used for TRD is buprenorphine. Oxy might make you not feel depressed, but of course it does, you are high... it doesn't have any actually AD properties. People trying to use these drugs to solve their depression are perfect candidates for serious addiction problems.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it. Until you've walked a mile don't judge me partner. Didn't realize the thread was a month old btw.

I think they are....despite the toerance going up and needing more...But say made started you on 30mg a day and coud go up to 120mg a day, it would be perfect. Don't get all of them at once but go to the doctor once a week also and come in for a pill count also once a week,like they do at pain clinic. Do time-release or instant... Also Hydrocodone also. Instant release Norco's or time release Zohydro. I really don't see a problem with it if it's done like that...Also, off topic but I thinik We should have Morphine Maintiance here also like they do(forgot where). None of that is ever gona happen though....

We can dream though, lol. I think I read somewhere on her that they were doing some trials on using opiates for depression. Hey anything is possible I guess ;)

Dude your a funny guy. I've been using opiates for pain for at least 7 yrs, just so happens they help me mentally. I'm not trying to argue with you, that's not what I'm here for bro. Your concern is appreciated but I'm a 37 year old grown man and this is what works for me. I've tried it all man, countless shrinks, ridiculous meds, cbt, u name it. This is what gets me through the day bro, no need to get pissy dude but I'm gonna do me and you do you and well both be happy. Don't judge me and call me a fuckin fool, that only shows me what kinda self rightous prick you really are. It is what it is and I'm still living, that's big bro. If it wasn't for the opiates I'd be dead long ago. U can say whatever you want but I'm a big boy and your not gonna change the way I'm gonna live my life. What's works for you doesn't necessarily work for me. I'm fuckin thrilled that your problems are getting better but all the shrinks "tools" didn't work for me, this does. It is what it is...

Dude your a funny guy. I've been using opiates for pain for at least 7 yrs, just so happens they help me mentally. I'm not trying to argue with you, that's not what I'm here for bro. Your concern is appreciated but I'm a 37 year old grown man and this is what works for me. I've tried it all man, countless shrinks, ridiculous meds, cbt, u name it. This is what gets me through the day bro, no need to get pissy dude but I'm gonna do me and you do you and well both be happy. Don't judge me and call me a fuckin fool, that only shows me what kinda self rightous prick you really are. It is what it is and I'm still living, that's big bro. If it wasn't for the opiates I'd be dead long ago. U can say whatever you want but I'm a big boy and your not gonna change the way I'm gonna live my life. What's works for you doesn't necessarily work for me. I'm fuckin thrilled that your problems are getting better but all the shrinks "tools" didn't work for me, this does. It is what it is...

This website being a harm reduction website, in the past 3 months we have had countless 14-20 year old kids coming in here saying that they have found the cure for their depression thus far (and I keep notes because I work with at risk youth) I have recorded them claiming: oxycodone, heroin, methamphetamine, adderall, various research chemicals, benzos, alcohol, and last but not least tianeptine). Thus far the youngest of the group is now a full-on heroin addict, his life is ruined. Some of the others have not posted in a while, some do every so often but now the questions are not about using them as ADs, but how to deal with the WDs or other things they can use to get high.

The best thing we can do here, is have little tolerance for the youth of this community coming here and leaving with the idea that: you using oxy as an AD works, means it would work for them as well. If you can't admit that you are the exception to the rule (which is something to be sort of proud of; somehow you have the will power to stay on low enough doses that you have not wrecked your life at 37), then you really have no business handing out advice on an HR forum. I take it very seriously, and not for myself. I wish in 2005 when all of us were young and I registered there were more people like me saying DON'T DO IT KID! Maybe I would have listened.

Ya, I'm with you cliffy78, now I'm not 37 so this guy might belittle me because of my age, but I think this woud work for people if you went by the guideines I suggested...got to the doctor once a week for a week supply, come in once a week for pill count....And cliffy opiates are the only thing that have helped me mentally also, benzo's too but opiates make me feel like an acutual normal human being. I'm on Subs now(which I do take with unprescribed benzos)but thats because I think Sub is a partial agonist, becaue when I was taking full agonist I very RARELY got benzo's unless it was a few for free or just bought 4 for the fuck of it. This is why I'm going on Methadone soon, it's a full agonist, just gotta say know to benzo's but if they want let me take that I will mention Gabapentin(used for a number of reasons,axiety being one of them, plus it is an uncontrolled substance...so don't see why that would matter. Also there is Tramadol, which has antidepprestnt properties and opiate properties that could be used for peeps who don't wanna jump straight to HYDRO or OXY.

Mad Dash, your PM box is full.

Everyone reacts differently to opiates and receives different benefits from it. I think it has many positive uses for the right people, addictive or not. I personally used them with no negative repercussions. I am possibly in a small % of people for which this is true.

Ya, I'm with you cliffy78, now I'm not 37 so this guy might belittle me because of my age, but I think this woud work for people if you went by the guideines I suggested...got to the doctor once a week for a week supply, come in once a week for pill count....And cliffy opiates are the only thing that have helped me mentally also, benzo's too but opiates make me feel like an acutual normal human being. I'm on Subs now(which I do take with unprescribed benzos)but thats because I think Sub is a partial agonist, becaue when I was taking full agonist I very RARELY got benzo's unless it was a few for free or just bought 4 for the fuck of it. This is why I'm going on Methadone soon, it's a full agonist, just gotta say know to benzo's but if they want let me take that I will mention Gabapentin(used for a number of reasons,axiety being one of them, plus it is an uncontrolled substance...so don't see why that would matter. Also there is Tramadol, which has antidepprestnt properties and opiate properties that could be used for peeps who don't wanna jump straight to HYDRO or OXY.

You honestly did not read anything I posted did you.

I am a person that uses an opioid for TRD it is called Subutex. The reason it is so helpful is because Buprenorphine is the strongest kappa-receptor antagonist currently available for human use, although it is also a partial agonist at the mu receptor, and the relative importance of the activity at these sites is currently pointing to this being the reason bupprenorphine is so effective as and AD. Oxycodone, hydrocodone, and the other fun to abuse drugs are different in this manner. So like I keep trying to say this is not a matter of opinion. Please read the sources I am posting. If you don't I know you don't really care about the truth of it, you are more interested in thinking you know better and self-medicating until you put yourself in a bind.

Last edited:
Your right bro, but I'm just saying what gets me through. I never said "hey kid get a bag of dope and it will get better" that's ludicrous. Trust me I'm not trying to fuck people up bro, that's not my intention. It's a very slippery slope and dosage escalation is necessary for me , it's not cheap. I've had the same dosage for 7yrs or so and it did stop working for my physical pain, it still helps psychologically but don't get me wrong I've had to move on because buying blues is unsustainable.
I don't really care what people think about me, call me a tore up dope fiend or whatever, I know me and I'm happy with that. There's no way kids should be indulging in any opiates unless in pain. Once your an adult it's on you though. Your brain is full grown and you can make your own decisions and I can't judge someone based on the fact they use whatever to keep it moving. I am one of the only people I know that don't use drugs compulsively. I'm not a better dope fiend than anyone else here but I can't argue with the results I've gotten for myself. I went to shrinks and did everything they asked since I was a child with nothing but dissapointment, something had to give so I experimented. If not I wouldn't be here. Let it be known that all this comes at a high price, probably 1k a month. I don't know what the future brings. I've learned to live in the present, the past and the future are outta my hands. I just gotta do what I can to keep going.

Your right bro, but I'm just saying what gets me through. I never said "hey kid get a bag of dope and it will get better" that's ludicrous. Trust me I'm not trying to fuck people up bro, that's not my intention. It's a very slippery slope and dosage escalation is necessary for me , it's not cheap. I've had the same dosage for 7yrs or so and it did stop working for my physical pain, it still helps psychologically but don't get me wrong I've had to move on because buying blues is unsustainable.
I don't really care what people think about me, call me a tore up dope fiend or whatever, I know me and I'm happy with that. There's no way kids should be indulging in any opiates unless in pain. Once your an adult it's on you though. Your brain is full grown and you can make your own decisions and I can't judge someone based on the fact they use whatever to keep it moving. I am one of the only people I know that don't use drugs compulsively. I'm not a better dope fiend than anyone else here but I can't argue with the results I've gotten for myself. I went to shrinks and did everything they asked since I was a child with nothing but dissapointment, something had to give so I experimented. If not I wouldn't be here. Let it be known that all this comes at a high price, probably 1k a month. I don't know what the future brings. I've learned to live in the present, the past and the future are outta my hands. I just gotta do what I can to keep going.

I didn't realize the '78 in your user name was birth year other wise I probably would have just PMd you. But I try to be loud and scary for the young members, and your join date had me wondering. So ya I know what you mean, Subutex was my answer, it works for me, that a long with atarax, valium, zanaflex, and viibryd. I had TRD and PTSD (combat related) severe anxiety, and a as of yet unknown personality disorder my psychiatrist at the VA is still trying to figure out. I self medicated a lot with Oxy and it ruined my life. Now at least I can live a somewhat normal life.

Do what works for u, whatever it takes to carry on. People underestimate depression, it's a terminal disease for some people.
You do know the risks of this very risky situation I'm guessing? You'd have to be silly to not know that opiates can and will control u if u let them. Everything comes down to the individual.
This is a last line strategy for me, i did the shrink thing for 20yrs before trying this. Hey u know your body and how u respond so do what u gotta do to be happy.

It's cool brother, I take it with a grain of salt. I tried the subs for my depression, that was an utter disaster. They play with me psychologically for some reason. I'm the only person I know who reacts to them that way. Thats cool that they help u man. Glad u found a way through the hard times brother and thank u for your service! My parents were in the military so I know what kinda sacrifices you have to make to live that life.