• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I am on Subutex questions about BT pain

Mad Dash

Bluelight Crew
I take subutex as a choice because I know I can not use other PKs responsibly. However, I do have real and legitimate pain issues and my PM doctor knows this. I have a feeling the only answer to this is NSAIDs but I figured I would ask anyways. I sometimes get earth shattering break through pain and being on bupe, I can't really take anything else so I just have to sit in bed and not move for hours.

I was wondering if there are any medications that are able to still work even though I am on bupe for BT pain? Suck being an addict but also being in real pain. The army really fucked my life up.

Is it true that tramadol and tapentadol would work with Bupe? Does anyone have experience with this?

I've used tramadol along side subutex for pain...not sure if its considered a BT pain med' though
If you've had dependency issues in the past, be careful with it.

I've used tramadol along side subutex for pain...not sure if its considered a BT pain med' though
If you've had dependency issues in the past, be careful with it.

actually... ya I guess it wouldn't. Only used it a handful of times, but when I did it took over an hour to take effect. So I guess that is out. Tapentadol being a CII (for whatever reason) probably would not get written...

Maybe it is time for me to consider methadone instead of bupe. You know 4 years ago, hell 10 years ago, I would be thrilled to have RX pain killers... Now I feel like it is a game of chess, and if you don't play it right you lose for real.

Well, you could try Tramadol first because it does give a buzz while on Subs so it could work with pain to, just don't go over 400mg a day because of seizures...methadone would be the best option(lower dose, 40-50mg a day for pain, not taken all at once, just make sure not to up the doses on certain days so you can get high, then run out and go into w/d, I don't know if your Sub doc would go for this though...if it's really bothering you then go to a clinic and get put on split dossing at low doses, sucks to go everday, but once you pass your drug test you get your weekly takehomes, then up to two weeks at alot of places, then up to a month of takehomes when youve been there for a while.

Well, you could try Tramadol first because it does give a buzz while on Subs so it could work with pain to, just don't go over 400mg a day because of seizures...methadone would be the best option(lower dose, 40-50mg a day for pain, not taken all at once, just make sure not to up the doses on certain days so you can get high, then run out and go into w/d, I don't know if your Sub doc would go for this though...if it's really bothering you then go to a clinic and get put on split dossing at low doses, sucks to go everday, but once you pass your drug test you get your weekly takehomes, then up to two weeks at alot of places, then up to a month of takehomes when youve been there for a while.

Well I go to pain management, and I asked for bupe because I said I thought my pain could be controlled by it. And it did for a while, hold steady at about a 5, but now its sits at 6 and can shoot up to 9 during parts of the day. It is just becoming less effective, and I usually take ~10mg a day. 8 mg in the morning 2 mg before bed. But I am trying to lower that dose so I can get the full agonist effect of the Nor-Bupe. But everyone seems to think because I have been on a high dose I will never really experience the 2 mg "euphoria/pain relief"

Seeing as he is PM maybe he would be willing to work with me on the methadone. Not sure how he feels about it personally but I may mention it the next time I go. See what his thoughts are.

I personally think m'done is the shittiest because of the horrible side effects, but if you have it
its hard not to use because it annihilates pain for most