• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids I am off from gabapentin for 4-5 months and wantto use baclofen

gmz34

Bluelighter
hello I used 2.5 years that gabapentin I quited it 4-5 months ago first two months was hell. I am good now.
I used to do combo which is baclofen and alchol. I wantto try it again but I scare it could trigger my gabapentin addiction and make physical addicted again. gabapentin and baclofen use same receptors this is why I scare :D

Be VERY careful with Baclofen. If you take just slightly too much it puts you into a very, VERY deep sleep. Like where people yell your name in your face and slap you and you still won't wake up. I can only imagine what would happen when alcohol was added in. I'm imagining you'd never wake up.

Actually baclofen only very weakly blocks VDCCs (which is what gabapentin does, gabapentin does not actually affect GABA receptors at all), its primary mode of action is to agonize GABA-B receptors, which gabapentin does not do. So while they do share a mechanism of action somewhat, the fact that baclofen is much weaker at blocking VDCCs than gabapentin or phenibut, and its dose is so much lower, means that the VDCC blocking action is likely not clinically relevant and accounts for virtually none of the effects.

In other words, they're not actually very similar. You're probably good, but be on the lookout for forming a habit, and especially be careful combining baclofen and alcohol.

baclofen can put you in a temporary coma just like ghb. They have a resemblance for a reason. and abusing baclofen too much might make your whole body cramp up painfully as it is a muscle relaxer so the withdrawl after swallowing a box is very dangerous. be moderate with the use and don't combine it with alcohol. Baclofen isn't very recreational when you get tolerance to it. It does work great for quitting smoking however. if other alternatives don't work, and this stuff is cheap compared to bupropion and varenicline.

baclofen can put you in a temporary coma just like ghb. They have a resemblance for a reason. and abusing baclofen too much might make your whole body cramp up painfully as it is a muscle relaxer so the withdrawl after swallowing a box is very dangerous. be moderate with the use and don't combine it with alcohol. Baclofen isn't very recreational when you get tolerance to it. It does work great for quitting smoking however. if other alternatives don't work, and this stuff is cheap compared to bupropion and varenicline.
thank you mate.