• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I am my highest authority, judge and guide. Who is yours?

One question I like to ask of the Christian community is exactly what was the Gospel message Jesus was teaching

You are asking the wrong kind of Christian.

I think what follows but I have to be selective because there is more than one Jesus archetype in scriptures. This is the Gnostic Christian Jesus.

I have it in an old O.P. that explains why we call our god I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

I love and forgive my enemies just as Jesus forgive my blatant rebellion everyday, I just hope that through His Words I can learn to be more like Him and less concerned with self, as for commercialized christianity I believe that is an abomination to Jesus Christ and God, we are to love, not judge others and try our best to better ourselves and help others along the way. I would understand how biblical verses can cause confusion, but my lord and my authority is God and Jesus Christ no one else. My last name is Daniels, so it fits pretty well. That being said, I'm not here to argue with others beliefs... nor would I wanna be responded to by any propaganda laden speech to prove me otherwise. To each is own. I'd love to discuss though for sure.

The Jewish religious leaders of the day had the Romans execute him

I do not read it that way.

The Jews said, let his death be on our heads, or some such thing.

Jesus was to be their sacrifice. Not the Roman's.

Jesus wanted to suicide to test the old Jewish messiah myth that had nothing to do with Jesus dying for our sins. The Jewish messiah was to return and rule the Jews. Not leave and never return.

Regards
DL

This is what was written and how it was written. The Jewish religious leaders of the day had the Romans execute him because he went against their teachings, specifically he threw over the money changers tables in the temple just prior to his execution. Yet the four gospels talk as if there was no conflict with the jewish faith and he was just a new piece of the already allowed Jewish mythos.

His followers were executed for their beliefs, the few stories that escaped from history are confusing and conflicted. Read it carefully and remember people died trying to get a message out of history. They may not have been right but they died trying to either stop or start a belief that cost their lives. If you are able to separate the two very differing beliefs in your mind and approach the 4 gospels as a collection of short stories with no prequel you may be shocked at how different the story is.

One question I like to ask of the Christian community is exactly what was the Gospel message Jesus was teaching for 3 years prior to his sudden betrayal and execution? What teaching was bringing thousands of people into the desert to listen. The tiny pieces of his actual teaching like the sermon on the mount wouldn't have brought out much of a crowd.
we obviously have very different views and one thing is pretty obvious, neither one is going to change our mind.

I’ve often wondered if my drug usage will keep me from Him if I continue seeking and do not give up praying and trying to change but suffer from the demonic doorways I opened up a long time ago, along with some mental issues.
You are asking the wrong kind of Christian.

I think what follows but I have to be selective because there is more than one Jesus archetype in scriptures. This is the Gnostic Christian Jesus.

I have it in an old O.P. that explains why we call our god I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Jesus forgive my blatant rebellion everyday,

Unqualified faith based drivel. Try speaking the truth and do not lie like your vile preacher.

That or tell us how you know that as a fact. If you can't, retract your lie.

You said you want to discuss, then start with a lie.

How can we discuss when I use logos and you hide behind a supernatural shield where you can lie all you like?

R
my authority is God and Jesus Chris

Jesus is just barely moral, in many cases, and quite immoral in other instances, but to tie him to a genocidal and infanticidal Yahweh, with a really stupid Trinity concept, is branding Jesus as a genocidal prick like Yahweh.

Do you think that kosher?

If so, come back and discuss morals. Yours are quite satanic, given that you idol worship a really evil Yahweh.

Regards
DL

Prove how yours aren’t a lie.
Unqualified faith based drivel. Try speaking the truth and do not lie like your vile preacher.

That or tell us how you know that as a fact. If you can't, retract your lie.

You said you want to discuss, then start with a lie.

How can we discuss when I use logos and you hide behind a supernatural shield where you can lie all you like?

R

Jesus is just barely moral, in many cases, and quite immoral in other instances, but to tie him to a genocidal and infanticidal Yahweh, with a really stupid Trinity concept, is branding Jesus as a genocidal prick like Yahweh.

Do you think that kosher?

If so, come back and discuss morals. Yours are quite satanic, given that you idol worship a really evil Yahweh.

Regards
DL

I’ve often wondered if my drug usage will keep me from Him if I continue seeking and do not give up praying and trying to change but suffer from the demonic doorways I opened up a long time ago, along with some mental issues.

Sigh.

You must see god as quite the loser if you think he will somehow lose anything that he began with.

God does not change is likely the only really true thing that the bible says.

In Gnostic Christianity, we have tied god's righteousness to equality for all.
That is why we are not homophobes and misogynous like so many misguided Christians.

If Yahweh cannot end as full master of all that is, just as he was in the beginning, not that he is real, then he would have changed/lost some of his initial holdings and that would destroy the whole notion of god being all powerfull.

Make Yahweh a loser if you like. We sure do given his satanic ways.

Regards
DL

I mean prove how everything you just said is not a lie as well. You claim I’m making God a loser and have satanic beliefs but what makes yours correct? What concrete evidence do you have cause it seems everything you are saying would be considered circumstantial if we were in a court of law.
I think I can do just that. You will have to clarify. My what exactly.

Get a quote so that I know what to speak to.

Regards
DL

Gnosticism is the only kind of Christianity I like.

I follow the teachings of Prometheus/Lucifer, to me they are one in the same. Both are the lightbringers who sought to liberate and enlighten humanity. I like the values of LaVeyan satanism but I also appreciate the Temple of Set's ritual magick.

Last edited:
I mean prove how everything you just said is not a lie as well. You claim I’m making God a loser and have satanic beliefs but what makes yours correct? What concrete evidence do you have cause it seems everything you are saying would be considered circumstantial if we were in a court of law.

I make moral sense and you do not.

I condemn all genocidal pricks, be they men or god's.

Gods especially, because they can cure as easily as kill.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Gnosticism is the only kind of Christianity I like.

I follow the teachings of Prometheus/Lucifer, to me they are one in the same. Both are the lightbringers who sought to liberate and enlighten humanity. I like the values of LaVeyan satanism but I also appreciate the Temple of Set's ritual magick.

More and more as saying, like they used to in the days of the inquisitors, that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Moral people will agree.

Regards
DL

we obviously have very different views and one thing is pretty obvious, neither one is going to change our mind.

I was born into religion so I've read the bible multiple times in several different interpretations. I lack belief in the magical and supernatural that are necessary for most mainstream religions. IMHO God's laws are the laws of physics and everything else is human society attempting to organize itself. Just dont put all your eggs in the science basket because it appears some things may not be measurable. Life is a mystery to be unraveled not a prewritten story of death and torment where our individual parts are to work hard suffer and die.

I'm open to being surprised by wisdom from unlikely sources and the Christian community of people is filled with wonderful humans that mean well, I'm not about berating people simply because they don't believe or behave like me. We all get to our place in life from interaction with each other, by being so caustic no one wishes to be near us or speak to us we aren't doing anyone any good.

I'm very open to dialogue, I'm always prepared to discard an incorrect belief I'm holding, that's what happened to all my religious beliefs except for what I perceive as the teachings barely mentioned in the bible that was spreading a few thousand years ago.

The teachings of Jesus replaced all the laws with 1 law of love. I think those few Christians who live this belief are amazing.

The teachings of Jesus replaced all the laws with 1 law of love. I think those few Christians who live this belief are amazing.

It must be a small few because no moral person will remaon in a homophobic and misogynous religion that honors a genocidal and infanticidal god.

Moral Christians would find a moral religion and stop idolizing a genocidal god.

Regards
DL

You keep bashing the idea of morality into the conversation but what makes you moral? Your judging right now as if you are a god. What gives you the right do deem things moral and not moral ?
It must be a small few because no moral person will remaon in a homophobic and misogynous religion that honors a genocidal and infanticidal god.

Moral Christians would find a moral religion and stop idolizing a genocidal god.

Regards
DL

I feel sorry for you as I remember you from before your so blinded by your own idea of intellect that you refuse to see things for the way they are. But no amount of conversation is going to gain neither me or you anything. Your just going to cherry pick what you deem right and bash everything else. But if you’ve ever stolen lied or judge you’re not moral.

Regards
DL

And if all things are said and done and I’m following the LayVean belief I should strike you both out of existence because you are weak and beneath me. Which is exactly what your preaching God has done wrong so which is it? Is there a different set of principles for you then everyone else

You keep bashing the idea of morality into the conversation but what makes you moral? Your judging right now as if you are a god. What gives you the right do deem things moral and not moral ?

I am following your bibles good advice.

It says to test all things and hold fast to the good.

You have somehow tested genocide and infanticide and determined that they are good.

Explain yourself.

Regards
DL

And I’m using your bibles good advice I deem you weak and I think your existence should be extinguished because the world is better without the weak.
I am following your bibles good advice.

It says to test all things and hold fast to the good.

You have somehow tested genocide and infanticide and determined that they are good.

Explain yourself.

Regards
DL