• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I am my highest authority, judge and guide. Who is yours?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
I am my highest authority, judge and guide. Who is yours?

As a Gnostic Christian, I follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This fits perfectly with the bibles teachings that we are to judge all things and hold to the good.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

This is a compulsion to be our own masters instead of just kowtowing to someone else’s opinions.

This is also why Christians used their inquisitions on us. Freedom of thought was not allowed by Christianity.

A concept and freedom that Christians now seem to promote.

Many Christians follow the teachings of, to us, a genocidal and infanticidal demiurge, Yahweh.

How Christians can see him as a good god is beyond me and Christians shy away from any apologetics as to why they think such a satanic god is good.

I see my judgements as more moral than that immoral demiurge and that is why I have rejected him for Jesus.

Do you follow 1 Thessalonians 5:21, or do you let someone else do your judging for you?

Regards
DL

According to James 5:9, you can't be the judge...

Personally I am an ecclesiastes 1:2 sort of guy ("meaningless, everything is meaningless").

Im not a christian but ive read the bible pretty closely a few times. The new testament is objectively full of bullshit but the direct jesus quotes are all pretty high quality.

According to James 5:9, you can't be the judge...

Personally I am an ecclesiastes 1:2 sort of guy ("meaningless, everything is meaningless").

Im not a christian but ive read the bible pretty closely a few times. The new testament is objectively full of bullshit but the direct jesus quotes are all pretty high quality.

Sounds like you have ignored the not judging rule as well, and the bible is full of contradictions.

Which quote seems to make more sense? To judge or not to judge?

As to Jesus. As a Gnostic Christian, I too like some of what the more esoteric mystic Jesus says and I follow his ways, but there is more than one Jesus shown in scriptures and the Roman construct is an immoral guy.

Especially his no divorce and substitutional punishment policies.

Christians run for the hills the moment a moral discussion is proposed so I think they know that that Jesus is garbage.

Their Jesus wants slave. My Jesus wants free thinkers.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Sounds like you have ignored the not judging rule as well, and the bible is full of contradictions.

Which quote seems to make more sense? To judge or not to judge?

As to Jesus. As a Gnostic Christian, I too like some of what the more esoteric mystic Jesus says and I follow his ways, but there is more than one Jesus shown in scriptures and the Roman construct is an immoral guy.

Especially his no divorce and substitutional punishment policies.

Christians run for the hills the moment a moral discussion is proposed so I think they know that that Jesus is garbage.

Their Jesus wants slave. My Jesus wants free thinkers.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Jesus came to do the will of the Father. You say you reject the Father and follow the teachings of Jesus. How is that possible?

To be allowed to have the teachings of Jesus during the Roman occupation of the middle East the Jewish people had to make the writings look like it was their Jewish belief system or they would be put to death. Only Roman and Jewish religions were being allowed so the teachings of Jesus (really named Joshua but due to clerical error miss recorded as Jesus) were written in a way to show they supported the Jewish religion.

JOSHUA wasn't teaching anything that agreed with the patriarchal Jewish mystical folklore. Hiding his story by writing it into the mythos of the day created the very confused Christian faiths.

Even the bible says "Study to show yourself approved, a worker that needs no condemnation, correctly dividing the word of truth". Remember to sort the silly shit out before believing it all and living in confusion.

If you are able to read the story about Jesus without prejudice it doesn't seem to say anything close to what the Christians say it does.

To be allowed to have the teachings of Jesus during the Roman occupation of the middle East the Jewish people had to make the writings look like it was their Jewish belief system or they would be put to death. Only Roman and Jewish religions were being allowed so the teachings of Jesus (really named Joshua but due to clerical error miss recorded as Jesus) were written in a way to show they supported the Jewish religion.

JOSHUA wasn't teaching anything that agreed with the patriarchal Jewish mystical folklore. Hiding his story by writing it into the mythos of the day created the very confused Christian faiths.

Even the bible says "Study to show yourself approved, a worker that needs no condemnation, correctly dividing the word of truth". Remember to sort the silly shit out before believing it all and living in confusion.

If you are able to read the story about Jesus without prejudice it doesn't seem to say anything close to what the Christians say it does.
so what's all this i read about the apostles and disciples proclaiming boldly about Jesus even to the point of execution ? doesn't sound to me like they were trying to hide anything from the Romans.

If the Christian religion consisted of just the gospels it would be a very different one (a better one i suppose).

Jesus came to do the will of the Father. You say you reject the Father and follow the teachings of Jesus. How is that possible?

I do not see Jesus as Yahweh.

Do you see Jesus as ordering all the murders and genocides that Yahweh ordered?

Even the smashing of baby's heads against stones or torturing King David's son for 6 days before finally murdering it?

Do you see Jesus as being as immoral a prick as his father?

Regards
DL

I do not see Jesus as Yahweh.

Do you see Jesus as ordering all the murders and genocides that Yahweh ordered?

Even the smashing of baby's heads against stones or torturing King David's son for 6 days before finally murdering it?

Do you see Jesus as being as immoral a prick as his father?

Regards
DL
John 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God: and the Word was God. . . .
John 5:17,23 But Jesus answered them: My Father worketh until now; and I work. . . .
John 8:58 Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham was made, I AM.
John 14:9,23 Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you and have you not known me? Philip, he that seeth me seeth the Father also. How sayest thou: Shew us the Father? . . .
John 16:15 All things whatsoever the Father hath are mine. Therefore I said that he shall receive of me and shew it to you.
John 17:10,21 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them. . . .
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered to me by my Father. And no one knoweth the Son but the Father: neither doth any one know the Father, but the Son, and he to whom it shall please the Son to reveal him.
Matthew 28:19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.

John 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God: and the Word was God. . . .
John 5:17,23 But Jesus answered them: My Father worketh until now; and I work. . . .
John 8:58 Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham was made, I AM.
John 14:9,23 Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you and have you not known me? Philip, he that seeth me seeth the Father also. How sayest thou: Shew us the Father? . . .
John 16:15 All things whatsoever the Father hath are mine. Therefore I said that he shall receive of me and shew it to you.
John 17:10,21 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them. . . .
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered to me by my Father. And no one knoweth the Son but the Father: neither doth any one know the Father, but the Son, and he to whom it shall please the Son to reveal him.
Matthew 28:19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.

Thanks for the garbage.

Nice to know that you cannot even answer simple moral questions.

You might wonder why, but will not bother wondering obout your mental deficiency and adoration of a genocidal prick of a god.

Jesus is not a particularly good moral teacher but is not nearly as bad as his satanic father, Yahweh. Why you let fear stop you from telling the trutyh is what you should try to answer for yourself.

Regards
DL

Thanks for the garbage.

Nice to know that you cannot even answer simple moral questions.

You might wonder why, but will not bother wondering obout your mental deficiency and adoration of a genocidal prick of a god.

Jesus is not a particularly good moral teacher but is not nearly as bad as his satanic father, Yahweh. Why you let fear stop you from telling the trutyh is what you should try to answer for yourself.

Regards
DL
it's all good bro. just not sure what version of the truth you're referring to. i just stated my opinion.

it's all good bro. just not sure what version of the truth you're referring to. i just stated my opinion.

You did not, liar.

You quoted garbage that had nothing to do with the questions.

Don't wonder why you have to dodge simple moral questions.

Cowards can never be moral and thumpers are not moral.

Regards
DL

so what's all this i read about the apostles and disciples proclaiming boldly about Jesus even to the point of execution ? doesn't sound to me like they were trying to hide anything from the Romans.

This is what was written and how it was written. The Jewish religious leaders of the day had the Romans execute him because he went against their teachings, specifically he threw over the money changers tables in the temple just prior to his execution. Yet the four gospels talk as if there was no conflict with the jewish faith and he was just a new piece of the already allowed Jewish mythos.

His followers were executed for their beliefs, the few stories that escaped from history are confusing and conflicted. Read it carefully and remember people died trying to get a message out of history. They may not have been right but they died trying to either stop or start a belief that cost their lives. If you are able to separate the two very differing beliefs in your mind and approach the 4 gospels as a collection of short stories with no prequel you may be shocked at how different the story is.

One question I like to ask of the Christian community is exactly what was the Gospel message Jesus was teaching for 3 years prior to his sudden betrayal and execution? What teaching was bringing thousands of people into the desert to listen. The tiny pieces of his actual teaching like the sermon on the mount wouldn't have brought out much of a crowd.