• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I am a God, Youre a God, We all have free will!

If LSD is like taking away the filter of reality and looking through a kaleidoscope, then what's DMT? Is it looking through the universe? ;)
BEING the “ universe”, or the “universe” BEING “you”.

😁

That's all well and good being part of God or melting into and being part of God, the Universe, whatever, but not necessarily meaningful come Monday morning when you have to start another work week, your wife's pissed with you, and your kids need you to pay the bills. There is definitely free will to make choices within you and your environment's boundaries. That said, I think I read somewhere that people really don't change much from their teenage self, we're pretty much set in our ways by then. As far as god and success goes, when your on the sunny side of the street you're much more likely to believe in God and credit God - on the shitty side of the street - not so much methinks.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me?

Whether or not you can accomplish your dreams is influenced by all sorts of factors including luck, your emotional upbringing and your education. Free will has nothing to do with it.

Whether or not you have sufficient "will" is not dictated by will.
Your confusion is based on your lack of awareness of your free will and forming a belief system since childhood that the world inflicts itself upon you rather than the other way around. That is why society is so familiar with these concepts of luck and random occurrence and they accept them without a second thought because they do not see how that which they consider luck or random is actually just a reflection of their extended subconscious mechanisms controlling their environment around them to create a scenario that you then interpret as “oh cool I just got lucky”.

As far as education you can choose or not choose to go about the steps of acquiring an education so the concept of free will still applies. And to extend on that, you don’t necessarily need an education to become successful or achieve your dreams given that there are many people who did not even graduate high school and still became successful. I feel that the push for education from parent to child, although being well intended, is in and of itself based on fear and insecurity on the parents part and lack of knowledge of free will and lack of knowledge of taking control of your environment and your reality.

And as for emotional upbringing it becomes a little more complicated because that would require you to consider that our whole lives and the act of us being born in this body with the parents we have is in and of itself an act of free will and an act of free choice from our higher self that is not restricted by ego and temporal experience and has existed for eons. The very self that we have not been taught to be aware as I have already mentioned.

Contrary to scientists and skeptical thinkers, I believe that the breakthrough for humanity and civilization will be the moment that we realize that WE control our reality and our circumstances and environment and that WE have the ability to know what is authentically best for us rather than assuming that the world is just random particles bouncing off of eachother and natural selection and reductionist thinking and thinking that the world is just a scary place and anything can happen to you at any moment without our consent. To me that outlook is rather disempowering to the human mind and the human experience and demonizes and diminishes and oppresses and abuses the potentials of the human mind and it’s abilities as well as keeps us in a state of secular victim hood and vulnerability and causes us to feel like we have to follow large organizations and authority figures like robots and submit to what THEY think is best for you and what THEY consider factual and objective and moral and sane. Our societal structure is built on capitalizing off of and exploiting those feelings of disempowerment and insecurity and starts to look like a perpetual cycle of dehumanization rather than enlightening us and encouraging free thinking and individualism.

Last edited:
@birdup.snaildown I never said the environment doesn't factor into the equation. Quite the contrary, I said we have the will but not always the power, and that is due to the very environment and biological factors your presented.

And as far as the being "in control" goes, again I make the same point. You are 100% in control of your will, but often have little to no POWER to carry it out. The key word is "often", as I did not say "always". Sometimes (very rarely for some people; for some people never) you do get situations where you are in control.

If we take the predetermined destiny and zero control perspective, then no one would ever be accountable for their own actions.

Don't know where else to post but I am kind of freaking out from too much coke is anyone free to chat I feel awful

I didn't mean to suggest that you said environment had no impact. As for accountability, it is different without the illusion of free will but not impossible. You don't have the beat-yourself-up-accountability that the world preaches. You don't have shame and blame. But you can still learn from your mistakes because enviromental influence includes ourselves and our memory of what has happened. Mistakes can still shape us and therefore we can be accountable in a practical sense.

Foerock said:
You are 100% in control of your will, but often have little to no POWER to carry it out.

I'm not sure I understand this. I think maybe we have a different definition of will. The two words (will power) are often used together. You are separating them. Can you clarify this?

ovenbakedskittles said:
Contrary to scientists and skeptical thinkers, I believe that the breakthrough for humanity and civilization will be the moment that we realize that WE control our reality and our circumstances and environment and that WE have the ability to know what is authentically best for us rather than assuming that the world is just random particles bouncing off of eachother and natural selection and reductionist thinking and thinking that the world is just a scary place and anything can happen to you at any moment without our consent.

There's a lot of heart and good intention in your comment, but it's easier to say you have control when you have the privilege of being given that control. Some people have traumatic childhoods. Some people grow up in the third world. Some people have mental illnesses. Not everyone is lucky enough to have the same amount of control. Some of us really struggle. I think it's overly simplistic to say the solution is taking control. It can be more complicated than that, I think.

That's all well and good being part of God or melting into and being part of God, the Universe, whatever, but not necessarily meaningful come Monday morning when you have to start another work week, your wife's pissed with you, and your kids need you to pay the bills. There is definitely free will to make choices within you and your environment's boundaries.
That must be some strong stuff, since I don't have any of those things. Well, bills. Just kidding ;)

The Axe said: That said, I think I read somewhere that people really don't change much from their teenage self, we're pretty much set in our ways by then. As far as god and success goes, when your on the sunny side of the street you're much more likely to believe in God and credit God - on the shitty side of the street - not so much methinks.

I know nobody will believe this, but I haven't changed at all. I never believed in religion and I doubt I ever would. I like reading about it though. I don't see how people keep up with all those ideas and remain consistent, but the mind is a unique thing and I guess it's possible that some people have a mind that understands that kind of information. I look at things more in a historical sense

"I am a God, Youre a God, We all have free will!"

Thank god I have been verified, recognized and prophesied.
On the real tip:
We must figure out what we are the god of and act accordingly, no?
I am the god of seeing.
I look.
I find.
I expose.

This is my will and I choose to get my recreation on.

Anyone read:

free-will.jpg

Guaranteed to ruin your day.

I don't even know what free will is, like the concept. I mean, I have a will but why would I call it free? And in my view, I am my will so it's just a reflection of me

Based on what I know, this concept comes from the Abrahamic religions where there's a comparison between a will to live and a will to choose. But to me, the latter is a directive and not indicative of a will because if it were then that'd mean we have two wills; one instinctive and another that gives us the ability to choose our fate

The idea that we are gods in the making seems like New Age thinking to me and it isn't something I could take seriously. I only consider things that have value to me as a person. In other words, even if I were a potential god (I'm not), it wouldn't matter because I don't want to be and I don't want to be because it isn't relevant to my internal monologue

There's a lot of heart and good intention in your comment, but it's easier to say you have control when you have the privilege of being given that control. Some people have traumatic childhoods. Some people grow up in the third world. Some people have mental illnesses. Not everyone is lucky enough to have the same amount of control. Some of us really struggle. I think it's overly simplistic to say the solution is taking control. It can be more complicated than that, I think.
Yes I never said it was an easy process. It’s very difficult to break the habits and belief systems of socialization that impose themselves on you since birth as well as generationally throughout the centuries and I do realize that there are people out there who are less fortunate than I am and it might be a lot harder for them to realize that truth about reality but I don’t think that should invalidate what I say or render it simplistic.

Rather I feel that I have been fortunate enough to be in a situation to where I can come to this realization and put it out there so that maybe somehow this concept can reach out to the people who are more troubled than me and maybe encourage them to think differently about their situation and help them realize that if they were to realize their power and to overcome their adversity they would acquire much more knowledge and wisdom and abilities than someone like me who’s coming from a place of privilege or advantage.

It would be a much more profound experience for them given that the amount of suffering they are going through will give rise to more desire for comfort and security and happiness which they could then manifest if they go through those difficult trials and errors that ultimately lead you to that realization that you are the master of your reality no matter how fucked up your situation is.

Honestly, rather than being simplistic as you say, I feel that my explanation is a bit more thorough than a lot of other explanations or solutions that say that you just have to accept the fact that the world is a shitty place and you are a victim of your circumstance and all we can do is give money to charity or something. Not to sound arrogant myself but the fact that there are so many dull propositions and 1-dimensional solutions that don’t really hold up is what encouraged me to express my thoughts and my experiences and opinions on this and what I confidently think is the true nature of reality and what we call God and what we think of as free will and how terribly misunderstood we are on that concept even if i might sound naive or like I’m coming from a more privileged place and can’t really grasp the complexities or relate to people who are in worse situations than I am. With the path that I am on I feel that I can reach a point where I will eventually be able to have enough compassion and understanding for their perspective and their world to at least get a glimpse of their troubles and figure out how to explain these truths in a way that they can relate to.

And the fact that there is people with so much trauma and live in such horrible conditions in third world countries just proves the point that I briefly tried to describe on the last post i sent you about how large organizations and figures of authority regulate these conditions to create a perpetually cycle of dehumanization where they benefit from people’s suffering and misfortune and is all the more reason to seek internal solutions that empower us rather than accepting that as a reality that we don’t really have much power over the powers that be which is the attitude that people have had for generations.

And just to be clear I have had my experiences with what people call “mental illness” and still struggle and that is what also prompted me to go on this journey of empowering myself so that I can eventually not be a victim to it or let it overpower me which is what psychiatrists and therapists make you feel like and tell you that you have to take medication in order to be happy and reinforce the deterministic idea that you are not in control of your mind or your circumstances and that you need to rely on them to give you happiness or power which is not true and perpetuates the dehumanization process.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand this. I think maybe we have a different definition of will. The two words (will power) are often used together. You are separating them. Can you clarify this?

Yeah, sure.

"Will" as a noun: The power to choose one's own actions.; to decide.

"Power" as noun: Ability to do or act; capability of doing something or accomplishing something.

Definitions taken from dictionary.com.

So what I mean that having the will or having made a choice to do something, doesn't necessarily mean you will have the ability to follow up on that act.

Example: Every time I get in a fight I decide to kick the other guy's ass (maybe even specifically, to go for and break the nose), but sometimes my opponent turns out to be a superior fighter than myself, and I end up getting my ass kicked, contrary to my will. I had my will but my ability failed me.

Fair enough. I always used will to mean both (like strong willed) but maybe it doesn't. I guess will power doesn't mean the same as will and power separately so I found it a little confusing. But I get you know.