• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I am a bit worried about urges to reuse heroin

Pete556, my brother, don’t go down this road.

I also live with serious chronic pain and I know how hard that is and how exhausting and how you just want to get some relief.
This “chasing the dragon” thing is not the way to go. You are most likely using fentanyl and it will destroy you or kill you or destroy and then kill you.

After living with chronic pain constantly for 12 years, I can tell you that I am glad my doctor refused to increase my dosage of MS Contin. I now understand that there is a fine line between opiates/opioids helping manage pain and causing more pain. I am at the line of pain control vs. hyperalgesia. I also realize I am totally stuck for life at the dosage I have been taking for 12 years.
The very best advise I can give you is to stay with the weakest medication and dosage that gives you some relief and management over your pain and stay there.

Brother, i come to this website because people who have endured heroin, fentanyl, and benzodiazepine withdrawal at its very worst are the only people who can even relate to the kind of pain and suffering I endure with cluster headaches, traumatic brain injury, and Parkinson’s disease. That is how bad the withdrawal and suffering that these types of drugs can bring and it doesn’t clear up in 5-12 days.

Please re-think this. You can’t save or hold on to some of this stuff for times when you are short in between prescriptions. That should be obvious to you just from reading your posts in this thread. That is why people are telling you to flush it. You are already craving it. Resist that call and uncomfortable feeling for a few weeks and it will go away. These guys are right about codeine not even being able to help you at any amount and real soon if you continue down this road.

You can do this. Do it now. Do it while you are still ABLE to do it and still have a CHOICE.
Sending love and prayers your way.

Yeah, he could be a troll. There is always that chance. Unfortunately.
I can’t tell you how much I frown on that.

But....if he is for real and he is very young (you remember how inexperience was and arrogance) and he may be not thinking correctly.
We gotta factor all that in.

We can’t take the chance of letting a young life slip through our help.
Even if a troll, this thread will help someone in the future.

Hope you are well Z.B. Glad to see ya!

All he does is ask dumb questions on heroin (I actually question if he has actually taken it tbh)
I could understand if he was trying to turn MDPV-hcl into freebase or he had issues about how heavy use of a-pvp can impact upon your mental health, maybe even a safe dose of DOM (STP) but his shaking his dick around over his DOC that you can go buy from the local chemist, I find it stupid.

LOL Z.B. !!

Good to know we got a chemist around. I may require your services in the future. Haha!

Pete, my brother... There isn't a single day that passes by that I don't think about using heroin again. I could get it any time I want and start using again. You just have to be strong. I know that's easier said than done, but you can do it! I was originally going to stop using Kratom, but I decided (last night) to keep using it. It helps so freaking much, there aren't words to describe it.

Im not sure if you've tried it before, but its a life saver.

I wish I was a chemist, I just like to smoke potent cathinone based RC's & fill my belly with strong phenethylamine / tryptamines like 99% of BL also do.

Hope you are well Z.B. Glad to see ya!

Hope you are well also, I'm not that bad today but a dog I truly love is quite ill & it's got to me badly as my mom is not happy about sending the woofer to the vets & set her free from the pain (maybe Pete556 can hook the dog up with some of his amazing OTC pills)

I'm glad to see you too, anyone ever said that avatar makes them think of Hatsune Miku?
When I get drunk I have my Hatsune Miku - Levan Polka dance skills locked down.

Hope you are well also, I'm not that bad today but a dog I truly love is quite ill & it's got to me badly as my mom is not happy about sending the woofer to the vets & set her free from the pain (maybe Pete556 can hook the dog up with some of his amazing OTC pills)

I'm glad to see you too, anyone ever said that avatar makes them think of Hatsune Miku?
When I get drunk

Thank you. Doing good today.
I also have a hurt dog that I love that I have to take to the vet today and I’m worried.
Sorry to hear you are dealing with that too. ❤️
No better friend than a dog.
I wish you guys the best.

I had to look up Hatsune Miku. Yeah, my avatar does look like her some. She is a goddess of the sea. Her hair turns into waves of water at the ends if you see a good quality picture. It has a spiritual meaning to me.

I removed a bunch of back and forth personal attacks. Not the place for it, guys.

No, you basically have two choices at this point:

1) stop using heroin completely. Flush what you have and never look back.

2) keep messing around with heroin and accept that your addiction is only going to get worse
Hi. I’ve lurked on this site for years and I finally decided to make an account and I saw OPs first post and felt like sharing. I’ve been addicted to heroin IV for 5 years on and off with the help of suboxone. Once you start, your basically on the road to hell and there’s no looking back. I know this is an old post but maybe you’ll see this or someone else will but you can stop. I’m not talking about willpower. Just don’t do it no matter what. Even though I shouldn’t say anything because I just relapsed after 5 months. So I understand how hard it is. But I also have seen the other side and it’s better, trust me. You can do it

Please please take it from someone who almost ruined their lives , do not touch heroin again. Thats your best safest thing to do.
I started with needing pain relief but your mind gets taken over by opiates and you think you can just do it once in a while but it never stays like that. Next thing you know your selling your shit, missing work and isolating yourself from your family and friends because you "need" it a few times every single day to not be sick.
Im not being dramatic, it will ruin your life and only a few of us can ever hope to be opiate free. It took me a long time and alot of hell to get clean so please quit while your ahead

We're basically just discussing addiction. Having been through it all and arrived on the other side, I feel I can safely and accurately comment on the subject. We all go through these thought processes in which we try and try to rationalize a way in which we can use our drug of choice all the time, yet not suffer negative consequences. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Addiction is a bell-curve in which the majority follow a very similar path, while on either side of the curve, there is a 1% block of people who manage to use drugs like Heroin effectively and functionally.

This will get better attention in our recovery forums I feel, so I'm gonna go ahead and ship it over there. Let me know if you have any questions!