• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health I’ve had a rough year

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
I’ve lost a lot. It’s my fault. I can’t blame anyone but myself.

Any tips on how to move forward?

Hey. What have you lost? Why did you lose it and what does moving forward mean to you ? I don't have much to offer in BL except encouragement as I don't have a lot of experience with things like RC's, methamphetamine, heroin, stuff like that. I was a pretty lightweight abuser but still messed my life up all the same.

You'll have to be much more specific on what's bothering you right now, and what your goals are for the future. Sometimes it helps just to define those things for yourself and write them out in a constructive way.

Forgive yourself. 2020/2021 have been rough for everyone. At least you know you have an addiction and need help.

This is what I was gonna say.

You are not alone by any means. A lot of us have had a really crappy year with a lot of set backs. :(

Without details the only tips and support I have are the general sort. That we all make mistakes. We can't change the past. All we can do is try and keep moving forward as best we can.

Try and reach our for support because a lot of people want to help and a lot of them can understand.

Take care man. <3

Forgive yourself. 2020/2021 have been rough for everyone. At least you know you have an addiction and need help.
I have a dependency, yes. I guess you could call it an "addiction". But "addicts" use like .50G in a single DOSE! I use .50MG. Just because I take Meth everyday doesn't mean I need help...

Sorry I didn't get back sooner on this thread, I tend to like to look forward at all times and not dwell on problems from the past or present. At any rate I have been pounding the gym and have been doing phenomenally better as a result. God, to get back exercising again! Now to get back to fishing...

Trying to figure out what to do next with my life, I want to go back to school, I want to make movies. The Movie Ideas I have...

Anyone ever been to film school? Or know anyone in Film?

I have a dependency, yes. I guess you could call it an "addiction". But "addicts" use like .50G in a single DOSE! I use .50MG. Just because I take Meth everyday doesn't mean I need help...

Sorry I didn't get back sooner on this thread, I tend to like to look forward at all times and not dwell on problems from the past or present. At any rate I have been pounding the gym and have been doing phenomenally better as a result. God, to get back exercising again! Now to get back to fishing...

Trying to figure out what to do next with my life, I want to go back to school, I want to make movies. The Movie Ideas I have...

Anyone ever been to film school? Or know anyone in Film?
I know people who were in film school. My friend and his roommate went to, and graduated from, at the time, one of the best film schools in the USA in NYC. He went into lots of debt, said how "The film world is retarded, it's all based on networking/nepotism, or who you know, not on originality or talent at all." He makes more money owning a bar/cafe than he ever did from film-he made the $$$ to open the bar/cafe from film editing for commercials and took out loans and borrowed money from family, but still is in massive debt. My buddy's roommate still works in film but makes money by filming ads, music videos-do people still watch these at all? It is not as though MTV is still new or popular-and documentaries for Netflix, and Amazon.

A former co-worker who went to a well known film school which is #3 in a major Northeastern city is also a bartender.

Film school is an expensive waste of time. The people I know who just made films or wrote films on their own without going to school, or who dropped out of film school, did a lot better than people who went to film school. Two other friends that studied film at the well known excellent university we graduated from, have not ever used their degrees at all.

It is nothing to be ashamed of, if you need help to quit meth or anything else you use, please get it.

Re: METH addiction. I don't think the amount matters, but it is more about how you use the drug daily, what happens when you take the drug, etc. Also eventually, if you do not already have one, a tolerance will set in and you will have to use more to get the same effect you did from lower amounts, and addiction will sneak up on you if it has not already.

Be extremely careful you do not trade one addiction for another or become a polydrug addict.

Last edited: