• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health I’m a simple organic insomnia case, i’ll sleep at 4-6am with no problem at all. No need a single drug, and i’ll wake up at around 2-3pm by myself. But

jarja

Greenlighter
But the world we ‘re living today prefer people who wake up in the early korning and sleep at properyoung night time around like 8-11to12 pm.
To sum up my life was disturbed, disorder, flurry by my own self—my upside-down sleep pattern.
Start with my study, Bachelor and Master squeeze every molecule of my life, my endeavor and the constant feeling fatigued.

I startes to work in a big and giant organizations in my field, and you can be sure that the woke, any task etc. demand all of my intelligent and especially my full strength
All of these mean i have to sleep and wake up like normal standard. I strucker a lot because i have to show up at my office around 8am and i should leave it around 5 to 7 pm.
With normal people read this thing i write for a very long long one. This should not be a big problem for me but in dailyworking practice....i had to endure the suffering of my difference, like i feel very sleepy around 8-12 am the period the normal people woking with high energy, they are fresh; in that same time this is my primetime of sleeping. for me in the same time? ..... i feel ‘trapping’ ‘drowsy’ ‘i have idea or contemplation, the things i need the most in a nature of my work.

I didn’t give up, i fight and fight hard sometimes but this little thing for other like sleeping wakening eat me alive ... bit by bit.

I use seroquel for my emotional and others for my sleeping right now , i take alprazolam 4-5 mg bedtime, melatonin and ZOLPIDEM.
I USE ITLONGER THAN 3-6 month. Normally 1-2 tablet can make me sleep. But the longer i take it, i feel the need to up the dose. Now i can take 1-6 tablet just to want to sleep
Now i ‘mso sufferr in buying this medicine.
I feel i trap in myself and i cannot see any way out.
PS MY AGE - 44, treat mds and then bipolar2 for at lease 9 years or more

Any one have suggestion?

Welcome to Bluelight jarja - I'm sorry to hear about your sleeping problems.

Is the main problem being able to afford the medication? If that's the case, maybe your doctor can recommend a cheaper alternative. Do you have a good doctor?

How about exercise. Does that help put you to rest? Melatonin? Meditation?

I'm going to move this from New Member Introduction to Mental Health, where you will get better assistance.

Peace.

NMI --> MH

I'd rely less on medication and more on exercise. Relying on medication is going to make things worse long term. My sleep actually improved after I pretty much quit drinking and went off of xanax.

Last edited:
I'd rely less on medication and more on exercise. Relying on medication is going to make things worse long term. My sleep actually improved after I pretty much quit drinking and went off of xanax.
thank you for your suggestion , i may do start exercise when my health is good enough

Trazodone and Remeron were both prescribed to me before for sleep and knocked me out like nothing ever has. Benzos don't help me sleep at all - at least at the doses I've been given

But the world we ‘re living today prefer people who wake up in the early korning and sleep at properyoung night time around like 8-11to12 pm.
To sum up my life was disturbed, disorder, flurry by my own self—my upside-down sleep pattern.
Start with my study, Bachelor and Master squeeze every molecule of my life, my endeavor and the constant feeling fatigued.

I startes to work in a big and giant organizations in my field, and you can be sure that the woke, any task etc. demand all of my intelligent and especially my full strength
All of these mean i have to sleep and wake up like normal standard. I strucker a lot because i have to show up at my office around 8am and i should leave it around 5 to 7 pm.
With normal people read this thing i write for a very long long one. This should not be a big problem for me but in dailyworking practice....i had to endure the suffering of my difference, like i feel very sleepy around 8-12 am the period the normal people woking with high energy, they are fresh; in that same time this is my primetime of sleeping. for me in the same time? ..... i feel ‘trapping’ ‘drowsy’ ‘i have idea or contemplation, the things i need the most in a nature of my work.

I didn’t give up, i fight and fight hard sometimes but this little thing for other like sleeping wakening eat me alive ... bit by bit.

I use seroquel for my emotional and others for my sleeping right now , i take alprazolam 4-5 mg bedtime, melatonin and ZOLPIDEM.
I USE ITLONGER THAN 3-6 month. Normally 1-2 tablet can make me sleep. But the longer i take it, i feel the need to up the dose. Now i can take 1-6 tablet just to want to sleep
Now i ‘mso sufferr in buying this medicine.
I feel i trap in myself and i cannot see any way out.
PS MY AGE - 44, treat mds and then bipolar2 for at lease 9 years or more

Any one have suggestion?
Dear OP,

You won't love my answer.

I've been on all the above longterm.

You need to taper off and spend 2/3 weeks or more resetting your sleep pattern.

No naps, no caffeine, no uppers. Get up and go to bed at the same time, work on it and itll eventually break the cycle. It took 2 weeks after tapering. Its hard, its grim, its gonna be shitty, oh so shitty, but as a longterm cure, it will work. Happy to share more of my own experience in IM.

Mie

Hey jarja,
First off I wanted to say that I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for your sleep problems. That said it's interesting to find someone who has the same "natural" sleep schedule as I do (except I wake up much earlier and am tired most of the day, until around 10pm when I suddenly have a surge of energy.) If the world would adjust to me, people would go to sleep between 4-6am, and start work around 2-4pm or so. I can't find it now, but I once ready a study speculating that people like us, probably evolved to be nightwatchman/women. Basically, the people who'd stand guard at night and wake the tribe at the site of an oncoming attack or other problem. It's speculation of course, but I did find it interesting. I know my parents, who are in their late 60s, very rarely go to bed before midnight, 2am is not uncommon for my dad, same as for my siblings, so there's likely some genetic component to this.
I also thought I'd throw in that (again I can't find the source I initially read) melatonin is useful for re-orienting your natural sleep cycle, such as for travelers across time zones. However, at least in the US, I've seen supplements that sell melatonin in quantities of 300mcgs, 3mgs, 5mgs, and 10mgs. But according to what I've read the body only naturally produces about 300-600mcgs or something like that, anything above would just add side effects. So if anyone out there, like me, tried larger doses of melatonin, but had bad side effects (3mgs of melatonin gave me 8 hours of sleep, but I would wake up sweating, with sore tense muscles, as if I were fighting all night, and I'd have had wild, vivid dreams/nightmares, for, seemingly, the whole night.) Point being that anyone who finds the side effects of melatonin to be too much should really look for the 300mcgs pills and use 1-2 of those, not these insane 10 mg pills. I need to retry them myself, my experience with 3mg melatonin was so rough it just put the thought out of my mind for a long time.
Anyway, sorry to go off topic, but I thought those were both interesting studies (if only I could re-find the sources.) As for suggestions, I only have one, and unfortunately it probably won't work with your situation. I find working a 7pm-7am shift is much easier for me than most people, though it isn't perfect, I do better at it than most of the non-vampires out there, and it gives me a 25% bump in pay which is nice.
Good luck jarja

I agree with madness about sleep improving once not on alprazolam/benzos. I can't speak on zolpimed, as I'm unfamiliar, but in general, sleep unassisted by medications will be of higher quality.

Some of the other things you can consider is your sleep habits and pre-sleep habits. What do you do before and after bedtime? Things like taking melatonin can help, but it is important to take it at the correct time, which would be 1-2 hours before bedtime. Also, it will only assist in helping your sleep cycles, other habits can "override" the effect of taking melatonin. Things like staying up on BL(or staring at any computer/tv/screen) will interrupt your natural cycle.