• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Hypersensitivity: What do do in a thoughtless/heartless world

iridescentblack

Bluelighter
I feel like I raised my vibration so much, in the process of doing away with all worries and concerns - I noticed my interactions with the general populace have gotten worse; my interactions with friends, colleagues, and family have gotten better.

I never give motorists the benefit of the doubt, probably ever since I stepped off the side of the road while a logging truck was passing through and saw his tires on the edge of the pavement. Escaped death, in other words.

But what to do when your content in your own placement and the bothersome concerns of others try your patience and such things? I think a lot of people in this section would rather just outright avoid political concerns and modern wars altogether. Forgive me if I'm wrong. But is it possible, plausible even, that the many concerns people have are in their energy and press on to other people subconsciously? Furthermore, if that's true, it seems to me there are some who have simply accepted these things as they are, neither minding them nor getting involved.

[A video on the Five Hindrances]

The last hindrance mentioned is *skeptical doubt*. When I meditate and focus on the meaning of skeptical doubt, I tend to think it has a broader meaning than what I used to think. Like-minded people tend to have the same views, social concerns, and general doubts. We can also think of these hindrances in terms of inner and outer struggle. Needless to say, going through the journey of overcoming them enables one to think outside the box rather than linearly; one who has overcome doubt in this sense is more than capable of showing what's wrong with having doubts and that vulnerability to their doubts and superstitions only causes us to further doubt ourselves.

Some websites that talk about the five hindrances go as far to say that beyond each hindrance - in the process of overcoming it - there's a sort of virtue that lays on the other side of that. I think it may have been this website: The Five Hindrances And Their Antidotes - Insight Timer Blog

If thinking about the rewards of overcoming these hindrances isn't enough, I don't know how to persuade. Honestly, I'm just sick of running into people who doubt everything unless it's mainstream.

My name says it all. It's how I have felt forever. You deal with hypersensitivity by avoiding toxicity as much as possible, while transmuting or processing what you are able to handle. The modern world was not made for sensitive people, unfortunately. The capitalist machine is violent and expects people to do unnatural things in order to survive by pushing beyond their limits, or subjugating their minds and bodies to systems and ideas that may run contrary to the individual's benefit.

Persuading other people is mostly a waste of time. It's been my experience that, deep down, most people have already decided what they think about almost everything. The only way they'll be swayed is if their preferred source changes their mind: a family member, good friend, or person of authority they value. They mostly won't listen to anyone else.

I find excessively conventional thinkers to be utterly boring and frankly I look down upon them -- I admit it. I can forgive the older generation but among the newer generations there is no excuse. We literally are carrying devices in our pockets that have access to all of humanity's knowledge (more or less), and if people still stick to safe concepts all the time then they are dullards. I don't think individuals who are that way are necessarily problematic, but populations full of conventional thinkers are dangerous. They lack innovative insight, they won't fight against systemic wrongs, and they tend to do what they're told. Mundane, mainstream people en mass perpetuate violence and stagnation of the species, and the world is slow to change because of them. They create a stabilizing force on the one hand, but on the other they prevent true progress. They also become the cannon fodder of radical leaders who engage in witch hunt type pursuits of unconventional thinkers.

If there is still a part of you that is trying to appease the mainstream or get validation from them, you will continue to suffer and feel lonely. The day you give that up, or simply choose to share with only a select few whom you know are open minded, you will find some kind of peace. Most humans are simply following their biology while going from A (birth) to B (death) and have little regard for very much that's deeper than that. Not that deeper people are "better", they just live and die like anyone else; but deeper people make time on Earth much more bearable to me.

I don't know if I can subscribe to everything you teach, Foreigner, ;)but I'm trying to keep up with the workload.

I think mainly I'm just venting because my hypersensitivity makes certain "vibes" around certain people unbearable. I literally feel like I'm going to literally spontaneously blow up sometimes. hahaha. Dark humor aside, if not for the more meaningful conversations I've had with my loved ones as of late, I don't know if that inner peace was possible. Worrying about people I love never served them well in any way.

Limit your time around or exposure to other people. That's how I handle it. I spend a lot of time alone doing my own projects and hobbies and it gives me a chance to recharge for the next encounters.