• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Hypersensitivity to gaba agonists

WilliamSSS

Greenlighter
Hi all,
To my knowledge, several conditions such as encephalopathy and hyperammonemia can cause a supersensitivity to gaba agonists. What other conditions/illnesses could influence this?
What is the maximal amount this could be changed? Are there outliers of people that would be knocked out by a dose that's only mildly sedating to others?

Yeah it's pretty individualized. Some people don't feel anything off of a smaller dose, while others feel it working more.

Same goes for amnesia-related issues. I have amnesia that goes on for 3 weeks during which I consumed flualp at 3-4 mg a day, not enormous, which still made me forget about pretty much everything I did during that period while other take three four bars of "Xanax" and still function quite properly. Are you on any medications? Have you had any drug-use in the past 2 years and what was it?

Same goes for amnesia-related issues. I have amnesia that goes on for 3 weeks during which I consumed flualp at 3-4 mg a day, not enormous, which still made me forget about pretty much everything I did during that period while other take three four bars of "Xanax" and still function quite properly. Are you on any medications? Have you had any drug-use in the past 2 years and what was it?
Well i was tapering down diazepam untill i got to 6mg daily. Then all of a sudden 1mg made me black out completely where 6mg didn't do anything but keep withdrawal at bay a week before.

Did you change your medications for ex generic brand or sonething? I've noticed that some valium knocks me out while others are more anxiolytic and euphoric
The ones knock9ng me out also makes me more tired for days. 1mg valium? Are you sure it's not another benzo?

Did you change your medications for ex generic brand or sonething? I've noticed that some valium knocks me out while others are more anxiolytic and euphoric
The ones knock9ng me out also makes me more tired for days. 1mg valium? Are you sure it's not another benzo?
Yes i'm 100% sure it's valium. It's straight from the pharmacy on prescription. I actually tried some other benzos as well to see if I was as sensitive to them as well. 0,125mg xanax made me black out for 4 hours too. Doesn't make any sense, I used to take 3mg in one go without blacking out

I can't explain thus sorry! Maybe you woke in a new dimension where your brain is all new with no tolerance but kept your old souvenirs? That's my theory to explain how I'm still alive after meering death quite a few times haha ;) Or you contracted corona and it makes you weaker thus potentiating downers; not all people get sick

Well i was tapering down diazepam untill i got to 6mg daily. Then all of a sudden 1mg made me black out completely where 6mg didn't do anything but keep withdrawal at bay a week before.
[/Do You feel that this suddern drop in tolerance is a benefit or drawback? It would also be interesting to know if you have experienced any changes in cognitive performance ever since this change in benzo sensativity.

It's a drawback for sure. I'm experiencing severe cognitive impairment and essentially feel completely drugged 24/7. Even though I haven't touched a benzo in 2 months it's still increasing to the point where I can't have conversations or watch movies without feeling so disoriented/drugged i'll pass out. Feels like whenever I move to do something I just get blasted with 80mg diazepam IV and I can tell you it's not fun at all. On top of that I think I can feel some withdrawal coming on in the background because of this constant up and down 'dosing' even though i'm not taking anything. I'm scared for my life, but have no clue what caused this. Went to a neurologist as well, EEG was normal.

Tried taking a small sliver of diazepam about a week ago to see if the sensitivity was still there and literally 0,1mg, perhaps even less, was enough to black out for 3 hours. It doesn't make any sense and i'm scared shitless.