• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Hydroxyzine?

Songbird20

Greenlighter
I've been given Hydroxyzine in the form of Vistaril. What would be the HIGHEST AMOUNT POSSIBLE of these pills to be taken in one day without overdosing and dying? I weigh 190.

can someone reply to my thread?? please??

please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to say...

It's dangerous to consider pushing yourself to those kind of dosages..

Why not take it as prescribed?

Hydroxyzine isn't a benzo for starters, it is a first-generation sedating antihistamine sometimes prescribed for the treatment of anxiety (among a bunch of other things).

Hard to tell but overdosing on antihistamines (even a minor overdose, let alone a fatal or near-fatal overdose) is likely going to be an absolutely terrible experience.

Why are you asking about how much would cause a fatal OD? It is against the rules of this site to provide you information you could use in a suicide attempt.

Hydroxyzine isn't a benzo for starters, it is a first-generation sedating antihistamine sometimes prescribed for the treatment of anxiety (among a bunch of other things).

Hard to tell but overdosing on antihistamines (even a minor overdose, let alone a fatal or near-fatal overdose) is likely going to be an absolutely terrible experience.

Why are you asking about how much would cause a fatal OD? It is against the rules of this site to provide you information you could use in a suicide attempt.

idk if i took too much

why would it be a terrible experience btw?

Like the other guy said, hydroxyzine isn't even a benzo. It's an antihistamine. I've been given it before in rehab for sleep. It didn't help my insomnia, and definitely had no recreational effects. I refused to take it again after that first night

If you have a prescription for it, use it as directed. Otherwise I wouldn't mess with it.

I have a feeling this thread will be closed soon. Just like the "how many .25 mg xanax pills to get high" thread was.

Hydroxyzine is a pretty nice antihistamine, there's a good percentage who find it a useful sedative with less potential for restless legs than diphenhydramine.

Take it as directed, there's nothing to be gained by heroic doses of antihistamines.

I prefer hydroxyzine over DPH for potentiation of opioids/benzos as well as a sedative/anxiolytic in its own right. I swear diphenhydramine does nothing for me besides help with allergies. I have taken doses approaching "trip" level and not even become tired. Hydroxyzine can be very useful for calming me down enough to sleep, though. Weird.

there is no rec. value to hydroxyzine

great for allergies though! spring has sprung