• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hydroxyzine

fox5547

Greenlighter
I over heard someone talking about using hydroxyzine for a high? is this a drug for recreational use or naw

i get it for anxiety, works better for sleep for me. i see no rec value in this drug. ive tried...lol.

have heard it can boost other highs though, never really tried.

I've got a couple of boxes of these. Great for sleep and minor anxiety, especially for an anti-histamine... very little recreational value. Haha people are probably gonna flame me for this but they're only slightly less recreational than a benzo for me, which are only "recreational" in the first place due to anxiolysis. If your not anxious you'll just get tired and possibly relaxed. Anything over 100mgs makes me palpitate and feel like my lungs are filled with thick mucous. However as has been pointed out, fantastic opioid potentiator!

It's not recreational in the slightest, good for potentaniting opiates tho.

If you like the feeling of being extremely tired - I do - then you could call it enjoyable but recreational is a stretch. It's extremely effective for the conditions it's indicated for but lacks abuse potential. Even Benadryl is better for the "recreational" delirium it induces in large doses

Im rx'd 50mg HCL 4xday for anxiety.
There are two forms of it, the HCL (tablet form) and pamoate (sp?) the capsules which i used to be rx'd years ago before the switch and for some reason i find the tablets hit quicker and harder for anxiety relief.. no there is no high from this drug, only alleviation of anxiety like Captain Kratom stated.
It is good for potentiating opiates (which i no longer do lol) so i use it just as rx'd which is fine with me.
Good for allergies too.

-HOOD

My doctor prescribed it when I was going through opiate withdrawal. Works to calm anxiety and help you sleep. When I took it in the day, I slept for 3 hours. I don't find that fun. But it did help with the withdrawal.

Shit,I never even found it to do shit for anxiety.It's nothing but the anti-histamine Vistaril.Good for pollen allergies and makes you sleepy the first 2 days or so you take it.Even taken with opiates it doesn't increase euphoria,just makes you nod more but not higher.

It can help with mild sedative effects I wouldn't say it causes any high. It does potentiate opiates/opiods pretty well however

Im rx'd 50mg HCL 4xday for anxiety.
There are two forms of it, the HCL (tablet form) and pamoate (sp?) the capsules which i used to be rx'd years ago before the switch and for some reason i find the tablets hit quicker and harder for anxiety relief.. no there is no high from this drug, only alleviation of anxiety like Captain Kratom stated.
It is good for potentiating opiates (which i no longer do lol) so i use it just as rx'd which is fine with me.
Good for allergies too.

-HOOD

Damn thats a lot of antihistamine to be prescribed, does it help you a lot? I may bring this up to my doctor as I am tapering off benzos. But I am on subs so probably can't get it

^^^^ Actually it's probably the first thing your doctor would be likely to prescribe since it has zero abuse potential.

hydroxyzine hydrochloride? great for allergies, no abuse potential as far as i'm away of

(was prescribed it for several months)

This is the single most depressing drug I've ever encountered. If you like anti-histamines, you'll love it. It's like the king of fucking anti-histamines. You'll sleep like a baby in a coma. But otherwise I'd avoid it.