Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hydroponic Smoke getting around?

Special-T.B.K

Bluelighter
Hello everyone just wondering what sort of Hydro is getting around these days around all the states?

It's doing quite well around here, as there is quite a range of bud going around!

Blue Moon
White Rhino
Red Hair

and lots and lots of different Standard White Fuzz brown haired gear.

I hear the Majority of the white stuff is Adelaide Born!!! You can whinge about all your pills all you want but you get the HELL HYGIES8) ASSHOLES:p hahaha

Quite a bit of good bush getting around at the moment even so at the moment we have quite a plentiful supply, however this is sure to change in the next month or two. Things usually dry up. Then the quality is hard to get and all that's around is Mum-Handled bush buds, poorly manicured and paaaaaale paaaaale Buds!

Foto's if you've got them. I'm going to put some up when I get some more!

SpecTBK=D

Northern lights was around SOR Perth...although it can be easily mistaken.

Also red devil like 2 months ago, best looking weed i've seen.

Mostly hydies get around here so not much bushies....

Slight draught too.

im in brisbane and can hardley ever find the skunky funky smelly green shit.

I recently recieve alot of brownish green dense nugs that are ok at best.

I hardley ever find a dealer that knows what kind of strain he is selling or what quality the weed is. Most of them just say its good weed or average weed. :p Most of the bush buds that get around are better than the hydro ive been getting lately

Thats why i think i am going to go too Nimbin Mardi Grass for my birthday this year. Its been so long since i have had a kick ass strain. I wanna try ak47 or blueberry and then take a sampler bag home ;)

Last edited:
I hardley ever find a dealer that knows what kind of strain he is selling or what quality the weed is.
I'd probably say the same, hardly anyone knows what they have unless they grew it themselves, and even then sometimes its a bit of a guess...

BigTrancer :)

a small tribute to the hydro grower

^^ I'm a bit out of touch these days, but he worst used to be hearing of a new grower having two independent yummy strains, then finding out the first seed produced was a mixture of the 2, and the pure strains were gone forever. There's something to be said for cuttings, but on the other hand, many growers only experienced with cuttings will miss an hermaphrodite and the result ends up being a seedy mess.

The Big amount hydro growers would certainly work for their money IMO. Extra costs of power aside, the importance of maintaining a sterile environment and tending properly to plants means they would never be far away from their babies. Throw in the risks associated with growing and IMO a good hydro grower's product is almost worth it's weight in gold - but never any more ;)

Amidst the usual mixture of good-bad 'round these parts, I've also heard of 2 supposed pure strains and 2 pure strain crosses which are getting rave reviews. From personal observations/ experience, the absolute shiner would have to be - as it's termed - AK13 x'ed with White Rino. (I'd never heard of AK13 before this so names could be all bullshit) But the product is of a rich earthy aroma -unusual for hydro- with a flavour to match. It's completely smokable down to the last tiny stem, and the buds are of excellent consistency. A single pipe could easily be described as a damn fast way to lower the eyelids ;)

[Edit: Post removed. Please be discreet, we don't care what you currently have, had or are picking up from anyone. Just tell us FACTS about the plant, or the drug inside it. Nothing else makes any difference. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously alot of the time u get name brand weed it is bullshit, ppl just talk up ther shit all the time. saying that sum of the best hydes ive had has been (i can not verify this but its what i was told it was) White Widow, Adelaide Skunk (presumably just sum random skunk grown in adelaide) and just recently White Rhino

You know when you've got White Rhino, It's coated in white hairs (not fuzz) and it smells like Vick's Vapo-Rub or similar. The first time I had it, I had a blocked nose, cracked the bud. Smelt the bud, presto my nose was clear. Just like I had sniffed Vicks! Awesum stuff when that happened I knew it was some hardcore shit. Then we smoked it...;) HEHE It's tip-top stuff!

SpecTBK=D

can i have a better description of this blue moon? sorry if i'm ignorant, but i've been smoking weed for yrs and never do i hear any of these bogus names being used.

pics would be great....

I'm from Sth East Melb. All hydro here, quality average 80%, always different, sometimes moist I'm assuming demand outweighs the supply here, no names..

Blue Moon- I have not had myself, but my mate said he can get it. But I was talkin to him about weed when he was trippin off his head... So I don't know!

There's alot and alot of different strains out there. It depends what sorts of chemicals they use, what they graft it to. What they use as a host... etc!

Look on the internet, look around. You'd be suprised with how many different strains of bud there are around these days!

SpecTBK=D

there is pure G13, just not available in seeds - clone form only

Hate to burst ur bubble but the original 'g13 clone' lived for 7 years and is now dead. Thats the story behind Nevil from Sensi seed co g13 clone. He apparently said that the 'g13' strain grows wild across America. The Pacific seed co g13 cross came from another college somewhere else in the US. There is one more seed co called soma that sells g13 crosses but im not really sure bout the story behind him clone.

well in sydney I have found and still find mainly white label strains such as white shark, great white shark and white rhino. Though rhino and standard shark seem to be most popular. Though I find there is always a variety of weed depending on how many growers/dealers u know. ATM other than white labels I can get durban poison, AK47 X bubblegum, lemongrass bush, bush mango and superskunk.

I wish I was growing again personally, kinda gettin sick of the heavy stone weed....If I had it my way I'd prolly have a some nevilles haze, hindu kush, jamaican red beard, hawaiin sativa, and some blueberry X great white shark for a nightcap heavy hitter.

btw to special TBK, white rhino does not have white hairs, but a pastel orange much like white shark, the difference is that white rhino is white widow X afghani #1, so is not much dissimilar to white shark which is a widow and skunk cross. The stone in all the white labels are all similar, the main factor is taste. Rhino has more of the acridness of widow while shark has a more tangy skunk taste which hides the horrid widows bite. As for smell, white rhino does not smell like vics vapor rub, it smells once again similar to shark but with a more blunt aroma. Where as shark is sharper and GWS is even more sharper and denser thanks to using superskunk. Overall, out of all the white labels, great white shark is the superior as it has better yield, same potency though, better taste. And remember superskunk is a skunk #1 crossed with a afghani #1 which is a sort of ancestor to skunk genetics. so yeah..GWS is the best. White Widow is probably more potent than the other crosses, but the acrid crap taste makes it a bit annoying to smoke.

And on another note, any weed with white hairs indicates immaturity, they should either be yellow, purple, pink, brown, orange or red. Mature buds will have 75% + hairs that have colour in them.

As for G13, I've had two crosses of this supposed wonder strain, (G13 X blueberry and G13 X hash plant) and I found yes a pleasant high but very overrated. I doubt the thc potency that has been reported about these strains but still, it's a nice high. Sort of a heavier hindu kush effect with bit more cerebralness to it.

In the end, all strains have the potential to be a nice smoke, it all depends on seed, plant and cuttin selection and good cultivation. For example, northern lights, when grown well and selected well can be a smoke that can blow ur brains out, but commercially tends to be above average at best....

Anyhoo peace out

Dirty Deed

And on another note, any weed with white hairs indicates immaturity, they should either be yellow, purple, pink, brown, orange or red.

mmm... I can't comment specifically on hydro growing, but referring to "marijuana Botany" by Robert Connell Clarke, it is stated frequently throughout the book that potency (THC content) is at it's peak while the hairs are still white.

This may be more relevant to outdoor plants but you might try looking at freshly picked bud under a 20X lens. Comparing white hairs to coloured, you should find that looking at a calyx with only white hairs, the tips of the glandular trichromes are covered in crystalline shards which glisten like light off a CD. Discoloured pistillates tend to reflect trichome health, with the droplets looking more like a lump of dirty resin with little shine.

I can certainly vouch for that with outdoor varieties at least, with plants picked a bit early often outdoing those left until the hairs discolour. Mind you, plants left to grow longer can often have a better taste.

Geez, after reading some of the posts in this thread I realize I'm more than a bit out of touch with cutting edge pot growing and the many crosses available. Interesting stuff.

I find that innacurate from my VARIOUS practical experience. I've grown outdoor and indoor, and of course we picked the buds with white hairs before colourisation. The potency definitley was not at it's peak. Maybe the concentration at the pistils may be in the peak, but overall, most of the resin content in bud is found on the calyx. And yes, white haired plants have a crap taste because the bud is FUCKIN IMMATURE! ( don't get started on peak thc concentration, I'm talkin natural maturity of the plant). But 8 years of growing experience have taught me this, white haired plants are not more potent than mature colourised buds. Though I still think this is all based on pistil resin concentration and not overall bud, coz I have observed calyxs very carefully and found a marked difference in resin from maturity to immaturity. Also might add that in some amsterdam cafes, they pick buds immature due to lesser potency being more suitable to a cafe environment. So I dunno, that book says one thing, but the proof is in the pudding, and the pudding shows to me that mature buds are the best

Sorry didn't read much of the posts on this thread. I've only grown outdoors a few times a couple of years back. My green wasn't all bad either, just get some seeds from a decent foil(hard these days with all the sinsemilla bud going around nowadays) I just waited till the the bud hairs turned around 75% dark brown/red. Then she's good to harvest. I prefer good indica strains over sativa anyway, as it gives a better and different body load to your stonedness. Nothing wrong with bush dope either, if grown and harvested right(with top of the line seeds) it can stun even veteran tokers. Sorry I'm high ATM if this is off topic I'm sorry 8(