• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Hydromorphone stability in a saline solution.

d1ahp

Bluelighter
Hydromorphone was drawn from an official pharma manufactured vial into a sterile saline solution. In this hospital grade saline syringe it will be stored. Everything used was sterile.

If kept in the fridge and protected from light, how long can it be stored for and then used safely?

What was the expiration date on the vial? It is likely to be good for a similar amount of time unless you used an excessive amount of saline... speaking of which, why not just leave it in the vial, or not dilute it with saline so you have the original concentration in the syringe?

I was thinking the same. Logically, there shouldn't be much change, since everything is sterile.

The saline solution itself is protected from air coming in our out. I'm guessing that some air probably was introduced during the transfer, which is the main reason I wanted to make this thread.

It would have probably been stable for longer in its glass vial than the plastic syringe, but shouldn't be much off.

My main concern was bacteria building up. IV infections are not fun.

I can't discuss the why this and why that. I'm sorry, nothing personal. I rarely get Dillies in a form that was actually meant for IV use, and beggars can't be choosers.