• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydromorphone Side Effect People May Want, Or Not?

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
I have had a very unusual side effect from hydromorphone in the last hour, having rotated onto it from nicomorphine as my main chronic pain medication as the doctors have me do every 8 to 15 months for many years: the IM shot which also had IM orphenadrine HCl, tripelennamine HCl and chlorphenamine maleate in it, along with PO naproxen, and PO paracetamol, doxylamine succinate & dextromethorphan -- when doing sorting mail then doing the dishes I went full Adrian Monk, though there has been no anxiety at all, in fact the whole process was enjoyable (of course, everything is enjoyable when hydromorphone, and other drugs, are working on opioid, dopamine, NMDA, sigma, muscarinic, nociceptin, and other such receptors as is everything during and after having the big D via any route of administration) to some extent.

For example, I made sure that all of the dishes lined up just exactly in the cupboard. measured everything exactly when putting soap in the water in the first sink, bleach in the water in the third sink, made sure I did all of the forks then all the spoons, all the knives, all the forks, then bowls . . . folding the dish towel and putting it on the counter for next time . . .

If something was out of order, I made sure to put it right &c, with no anxiety or pressure, though -- just a tiny bit of enjoyment, even . . . and I have gotten quite a bit done this evening . . .

But of course with this kind of thing anxiety is the operative concept in many many instances . . . it was obvious in the first seconds that this was happening to me that there is also the basis of significant suffering and debilitation in such a thing; during the lockdowns and so on recently I have often thought of and spoken with my friend who is a germaphobe to a very disruptive degree and luckily she has been taking all of this better than she thought she might.

Very quickly I started to wonder if there was a way to pharmacologically model different levels of OCD and related matters for research into various means of mitigation and so forth . . . probably the agent in question would be a stimulant, and/or probably a mixture of drugs like the above. I recall people mentioning dexamethasone, MDMA, MDA, caffeine plus methylphenidate with or without nicotine, methylprednisolone, and betamethasone as stimulating in such a way that they get a lot done and I have heard people say that if there were an extended-release version of Bolivian Marching Powder that might be in the same category. I also know of someone who gets both horny and very driven to do things, like clean the house, or any number of other things which may be at hand as a result of taking the antimuscarinic anticholinergic Sexy Trihexy* (trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride) and she also gets very horny from Bentyl (dicycloverine/dicyclomine) which she likes to wash down with hydroxyzine, tramadol, and wine. Then, of course, there is Crank . . .

---
* I imagine Sexy Trihexy could go well with Foxy Methoxy (5-MeO-DMT) and yohimbine, green M&Ms and other assorted aphrodisiacs, and so forth.

Last edited:
I'm curious, as you clearly have extensive experience with IV antihistamines/anticholinergics in combination with opioids: IV administration of Dicycloverine is not advised, Cyclizine is no longer available as Children's Bonine in the US, and the apparent best candidates like Tripellenamine and Orphenadrine are Rx and are generally unavailable. Besides diphenhydramine, is there another drug you might use given the commonly available options in the US? I see you mention chlorpheniramine maleate... I can't find any evidence to warrant the use of dimenhydrinate, meclizine nor any other OTC or commonly Rx'ed antihistamine.

Perhaps my dose has been too low, but I've been wholly unimpressed with diphenhydramine in conjunction with heroin, morphine and oxymorphone. Anyone with insights please chime in.