• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorphone (DILAUDID) Administration

Calipo

Greenlighter
I have a 1ml Ampule of Dilaudid HCI that contains 50mg Hydromorphone.

I'm not much of an IV guy so I am either going to Rectally administer it, or put it in a nasal spray bottle and nasally insufflate.
My question is, how should I dilute the solution?
The nasal spray bottle that I have holds 10ml's which produces 60 metered doses.
I would like for each spray to produce around 5-8mg of hydromorphone.

Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
That doesn't look right even if you meant mg instead of ml. Are you sure it's 50 mg per ml as that's a lot

Still that's ultra concentrated... Either way IV is best and most will say any other way is a waste, but I'll digress. Buy an oral syringe to plug, but use an insulin rig to measure a small dose to dilute in more water when you plug. You could also buy a nasal spray atomizer attachment for a syringe and use that to make a nasal spray device that's extremely accurate.

Yes, that solution is unusually high concentration. Get or make yourself some bacostatic solution and just use that to dilute the hydromorphone. If you aren’t tolerant dilute it to 10mg hydromorphone per 1mL solution at the most concentrated.

Intranasal and rectal use of hydromorphone work really quite well. Especially if you aren’t tolerant. Are you familiar with how to water-line and plug stuff?

The strongest hydromorphone vial I have ever had were the 10 mg/ml Dilaudid HP vials. That's crazy that 50 mg/ml solution exists. Perhaps for like use during surgery or something.

It's used for cancer patients. It used to come in a powder packet as well, don't know if it still does.