• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Hydromorph Contin- insufflation and re-use

ShaynRaynie

Greenlighter
Hey I’m new here and not a user but a close friend of one. I’m not sure if this is the right place for my question so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong spot.
This is kinda strange so bear with me...

my friend insufflates long acting opiates by crushing the beads. He ends up with a lotthat just stays in his nose or comes out when he blows his nose. The other night he blew his nose and saved what came out. I was grossed out and asked why. He said it’s a waste to throw it out and he can re-use it when he’s out.
my question is can this make him sick? Is it worth it for him to be doing this? Is this common?
I’m just worried about him getting sick from this.

I don't know how common this is as I've never heard of anything like that tho it doesn't surprise me at all. Other than bacteria that may come from saving what was already in the nose I wouldn't guess its any more harmful than crushing and snorting the beads but I'm no doctor

Thanks for the response. I am still just baffled by this but I guess he looks at it like that’s product that hasn’t been absorbed or ingested so it’s a waste to him. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If anyone at all does this or knows anyone who does please let me know.

Used to know a guy who would blow his nose after coke binges, literally blowing out fat lines from each nostril. He'd save it up over a week/weekend then either dry it and re-snort it, or freebase it and smoke it. He got the idea from steve-o, who used to blow out coke bogies and smoke them.

Ha! I asked him about this again tonight and he said he got the idea from the exact same place. I guess if it works with cocaine it’ll work with pills. Just blew my mind I’ve never heard of anything like this... 🤷🏻‍♀️ lol