• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone vs OxyCodone

Awkward_Whimper

Greenlighter
From what is to be gathered Oxycodone is roughly twice as strong as Hydrocodone. 20mg is a threshold for Oxy. Assuming Oxy is twice as strong, would one need to take twice the amount of Hydro to get to where it needs to be with Oxy (20mg).

5mg tablets of Oxy to 5mg of Hydro (4 pills of Oxy = 8 pills of Hydro?):?

I know it's about 7.5.

I thought oxy was about 1.5 times as strong as hydro? One 7.5mg hydro being equivalent to one 5mg oxy???

So basically in order to get to the regular oxy high I need to down approximately twice the hydro. And it's fine if I go a little over. My threshold is 30-40 and I merely want 20mg equivalent of oxy. So if they're 5mg tabs and I take 4 for Oxy, would I need to take around eight for Hydro?

Depending on your personal chemistry, it varies. Some people find oxycodone is 1.5x as strong, some find it 2x as strong.

So take between 30 and 40mg of hydrocodone. It's probably best to start on a lower dose, because you can always take more but you can't un-dose drugs.

Oxycodone is apx x2 the amount of strength of hydrocodone, so if you take 4 tabs of the oxys for 20mg which means they are 5mg a piece you would need atleast 40mg of hydrocodone. Personally those are both small numbers, I would say atleast 55mg on the hydro, and a good 40mg with the oxy. I'm 15 and have personal exp.

Oxy is about 2x Hydro. Oxy gives more energy due to kappa receptor action . While Hydro is very sedating similar to Morphine . Hydro ,and morphine have a 1:1 ratio the oral route .

I've always though that oxy is 1.5x hydro because of my low tolerance and searching online, it changed when I acquired a tolerance. Now I would say oxy is a little more than 2x as strong as hydro, but that's just me. I'd start with the assumption that oxy is 1.5x the potency of hydro and if that isn't enough you can always increase later.

Oxy is about 2x Hydro. Oxy gives more energy due to kappa receptor action . While Hydro is very sedating similar to Morphine . Hydro ,and morphine have a 1:1 ratio the oral route .

I thought any opioid with a codeine base was slightly stimulating. At least in my experience. Hydro/Oxycodone is nothing like morphine. Hydros and oxy's give me motivation to do things because I feel so good. Morphine just makes me want to melt into the couch and nod because I feel so good. Maybe it's a personal thing? :\

In my experience though, I'd say oxy is twice as strong as hydro. I've done 50mg hydrocodone one night and caught a mild nod, then did 20mg oxy the next night and was chin-to-chest nodding all night. If you have any tolerance to oxy's, dilaudids, H, or any potent opioid, hydro just isn't going to satisfy you. It's unfortunate, but that's what happens when you start chasing stronger highs.

I thought any opioid with a codeine base was slightly stimulating. At least in my experience. Hydro/Oxycodone is nothing like morphine. Hydros and oxy's give me motivation to do things because I feel so good. Morphine just makes me want to melt into the couch and nod because I feel so good. Maybe it's a personal thing? :\

In my experience though, I'd say oxy is twice as strong as hydro. I've done 50mg hydrocodone one night and caught a mild nod, then did 20mg oxy the next night and was chin-to-chest nodding all night. If you have any tolerance to oxy's, dilaudids, H, or any potent opioid, hydro just isn't going to satisfy you. It's unfortunate, but that's what happens when you start chasing stronger highs.

Your right I had a whole bottle not long a go of 90 narco 10/325 and did a CWE of which should have been about 250mg of Hydro ,and could not even feel it . I take 180mg of Oxycodone every 3 hours ,but thought for sure I would still feel 250mg of Hydro . If you have any tolerance to any opiate Oxycodone and above I imagine Hydro is going to do nothing . It kept me from getting Dope though . So at least it did that .

as far as being codeine based I had always heard that oxycodone was kinda a misnomer. I'm almost certain that I had heard that oxycodone was derived from thebaine not codeine? I think hydrocodone might be might be derived from codeine though, and that's why you can't bang hydros,or codeine without seriously risking a Pulmonary embolism, but you can bang oxy.[not that anyone should ever IV pills]

oxycodone is a shortened version of its full name "14-hydroxycodeineone"

Not nescessarily, IME 30mg Oxy is probably about on par with 40mg hydro.

It's hard to tell exactly though, because IME they work pretty dang differently.. Oxy makes (me) more lethargic and succeptible to depression, while Hydrocodone seems, IME, to be VERY positive, energetic, & still PLENTY analgesic&euphoric to relieve aches & pains, thereby enhancing PRODUCTIVITY....the recreational junkies worst enemy!

It's a maaaan's world!

Well, that's just like your opinion, man...lol

That just proves how truly individualized drug metabolism actually is.....what works great for one person is just okay for another.

In a competition between Hydro & Oxy I'll take Hydrocodone 10/10 times, as the OXY seems to make me MUCH more sedated, even lethargic, which is NOT WHAT I want in my opiate.

Hydro, on the other hand, is like a magic speedball for me, ENERGY & ANALGESIA...Hydrocodone is IT'S OWN best combination..

But if you did a CWE of 250mg appx. and didn't "feel it" either your doing something very wrong in your CWE process, or you're tolerance is just completely fucked, or perhaps your a poor metabolizer, or the like.

Hell, who knows?8)

I never managed to get ahold of any oxy before I got put on subs. SO I don't know if I can make a fair comparison. However I was doing anywhere from 80-120mg of hydro in single doses once or twice a day 3 months on 8mg of sub a day I found a roxy connection and have periodically dosed anywhere from 120-150mg, and have been less than impressed for all the hype. I dunno if I just need to wait longer off the subs or what the deal is, but I have yet to try and do any hydro since Ive been on subs so if we follow the scientific method my control group is fucked

It's really not a comparable high though, and watch out for nausea/vomiting with hydros, especially at that dose!

I never managed to get ahold of any oxy before I got put on subs. SO I don't know if I can make a fair comparison. However I was doing anywhere from 80-120mg of hydro in single doses once or twice a day 3 months on 8mg of sub a day I found a roxy connection and have periodically dosed anywhere from 120-150mg, and have been less than impressed for all the hype. I dunno if I just need to wait longer off the subs or what the deal is, but I have yet to try and do any hydro since Ive been on subs so if we follow the scientific method my control group is fucked

This post describes why drugs er bad (for most)...mmmkay ?

8mgs of suboxone (or any other buprenorphine medication) is going to cause atleast 24 hours of blocking any other opiates. When not on suboxone, I IV Herion, but if i take an 8mg suboxone I will not feel the same high for 36 hours atleast, it really is a waste to use any opiate agonists while in that period of suboxone. Try waiting it out, or taking a lower dose like 4mg or 2mg, and then you will have to wait less, or if you take it sooner (not reccomended) it can still give an effect at 18-30 hours. I was using about a gram- 1.5 grams a day IV of heroin and i feel just fine with 2-4mgs of suboxone. Suboxone is such a strong binding drug, despite being able to handle 8mgs, alot of people take more than necessary & most doctors even perscribe way too much.

right of course I understand the blocking effect of sub last time I took some oxy I took 150mg in one dose. After waiting 2 complete almost 3 days off of subs( and I took a lesser dose in preparation of what I new I was going to do.) FireandWater mind clueing me in on what exactly you mean?

Not nescessarily, IME 30mg Oxy is probably about on par with 40mg hydro.

It's hard to tell exactly though, because IME they work pretty dang differently.. Oxy makes (me) more lethargic and succeptible to depression, while Hydrocodone seems, IME, to be VERY positive, energetic

I totally agree with the first part of this statement but totally disagree with the last part. From what I've read and my personal experience, the oxy is much more of any energy producer, at least when I'm on it. Frankly, hydros do very little for me and certainly are not an energy type of drug. I think the reason some folks might think the oxy's make them lethargic is that it is that much more potent than hydros. At least, that's what I've experienced in my opinion.