• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone Tolerance?

thedillpill

Greenlighter
Say a person has taken an average of around 20-25 mg of hydrocodone around once a month for a max of 4/5 months (though he tried smaller doses of around 10-15 like 3 times in one week at the very beginning so like 5 months ago). What's the tolerance level they would be looking at? Also, as for waiting 4 weeks, is that enough time in between to keep it hitting them hard?

EDIT: Also, no clue if this matters or not, but each pill is 5mg hydrocodone, with 325mg apap.

Last edited:
Tolerance is a tricky thing. Even with sporadic use and breaks in between, your tolerance will still creep up overtime. You'll find that it will slowly take more and more to get that same high you experienced in the beginning. Sadly, at some point you will never get that same high and euphoria you experienced in the beginning and will continue to up your dosage chasing after it.

Same as MeanGreenBean said, tolerance will slowly rise even if use is sporadic. We can't say exactly how much because everyone is different, but it does rise. It doesn't help that hydrocodone is one of the weaker opiates out there, so it'll take a lot to get anywhere regardless.

I remember many years ago the first opioid I ever took was hydrocodone, probably 20mg or so, and I thought it was the best feeling in the world. It was amazing. I'm positive I could never get that back, no matter how long I went without an opiate.

Everyone's very different but it doesn't seem like you should built a tolerance too fast, there's people that use it everyday and still get effects from it, but there's no telling for sure, I know for me I used it for a while and stopped for around a year and when I tried again because I found some, it did absolutely nothing, even at higher doses then before, when it comes to opioid tolerance it's pretty confusing

7 or 8 doses over a 5 month period is unlikely to induce any major rise in tolerance. It's chronic usage that results in the exponential increase.

Some ppl have wierd tolerances like my opioid tolerance takes forever to go down but for most it takes a few days for it to be gone so u using once every week should keep it strong for quite a long time

Hm. Thanks for the input. It's weird though, There's never really been all that much euphoria from hydrocodone, even the first times using it. Like there been an improvement in mood (extra happy) and sort a warm and tingly sensation but that's about it. Also I basically always go 6-8 hours without eating beforehand to try to help it hit me harder. Anything you guys know of that will help it hit me harder? I read somewhere that a muscle relaxant will boost it a lot but idk if that's right or not so I'd appreciate some feedback on that or other ideas because increasing the dosage over and over doesn't seem like the best idea lol. Thanks!

It's weird though, There's never really been all that much euphoria from hydrocodone, even the first times using it.

There is not so much euphoria in opiates and oral hydrocodone is a low quality opiate high.
Maybe you are not an opiates lover, that is. There is nothing strange about this, when one century ago morphine ( in the form of laudanum) was free few cared and there was little abuse.
Not everyone likes drugs and the same drugs. For example in this forum there is a lot of benzos abuser, but statistically benzos have a low potential abuse ( in fact thay are in the less restricted schedule) and many see no recreational value in them.

There is also to say that "an improvement in mood (extra happy) and sort a warm and tingly sensation " for someone can be a reward big enough to get addicted.

Last edited:
I sorta get what you're saying. What I have gotten I like and would want more of, but it's really just not a ton. I mean weed is 10,000 times more intense. Rather than "I think I'm starting to feel it", it's "oh shit I'm feeling it now" you know? Idk maybe it just doesn't hit some people as hard as others for whatever reasons (maybe biological?)