• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone more euphoric than oxycodone?

nancy145

Bluelighter
i did a shit load of oxy today(42.5 mg total, mostly chewed), but havent done any other opiods for a while. I've only done oxy one other time which i dont really remember cuz i was on other drugs too. I've done hydrocodone like 4-7 times before i think too. From what i remember, hydro felt more euphoric than oxy does now. why is this? isn't oxy supposed to be way stronger?

Not way stronger, I believe it's 15mgs of oxy is equivalent to 10mgs of hydro(they are one molecule off structurally). But everybodys different so you might like hydros better. The oxys weren't oyxcontin ops were they? I mean you said you chewed them and there is no reason to chew oxycodone IR. The reason I ask is because everybody I know says the oxycontin ops suck!

From being on a few PM forums and years of experience, I am convinced some people metabolize oxy meds better (more efficiently) than hydro meds and vice versa. I think it's just the way we a built. I have no medical studies to back this up, just tallying up what I've read over the years. Is this something anyone else has noticed?

No you are right. It's a fact that we all have different body chemistries and that's why some drugs work better in some people then other people

they were percocets. so normal oral is the same as parachuting and chewing?

IME yes, hydrocodone is more euphoric than oxy...oxy is technically quite euphoric, but to sedating, etc... for me to find it effective for what I use it for.

Most euphoric opiates IME listed for OP;
Morphine>Hydrocodone>/=Hydromorphone>Codeine>Oxymorphone>Oxycodone>Tramadol>Buperenorphine> last but not least METHADONE we have a winner...METHADONE IME is the most DYSPHORIC, thus LEAST EUPHORIC Opioid IME/IMHO.
Lotsa folks here on BL especially love methadone, made me dysphoric, heart palpitations, sad, feeling of imminent death not far off..hands down worst opiate I've tried.

For recreation you want to stick to these OP; Hydrocodne, Codeine, Morphine, Oxycodone. IME the less potent opioids are actually ironically more euphoric....though if your idea of "euphoria" is a nod, morphine is the most euphoric...I like the energetic buzz of HydroMorph, my proprietary combination of 45mg MSIR, combined with 3 10/325 norcos.
I have a gallavantin' high tolerance, and it don't take much morphine to do me right....even orally, I can't believe people bash oral morphine so much.

Lastly OP be safe, if you continue to use more than like 6X a year you WILL get addicted....i'm currently in Limbo very fast taper off my NOrcos...I have constant aches/pains, nightmares when I sleep, and when I wake up I"M STILL IN A FUCKING NIGHTMARE, I could go back to sleep, as I prefer actual nightmares, but i'm aching too damn bad.
So I get outta bed and try to score, no such luck. Down to my last 2 10/325 norcos, 1 50mg tramadol, and 1.5 Ativan tablets for sleep.

I literally have nightmares every night in WD, multiple times a night, nightmares that i'm looking for pills in my house, and i'll find like 3 10's like WTF THAT'S not enough need to find MORE, then I eventually wake up and realize my nightmare has come true, wtf am I going to do with 2 measley Norco??
Almost thinking of keeping them locked up so I know they're there when i'm at my worst I can take them....Instead of taking them at 7pm (30 mins, 3 hours after light meal perfect time IME) I could buy some beer, get drunk enough to not feel my aches, grovel around all night and pass out, only to wake from a nightmare after 3 hours of drunken sleep, and again I will wake into an equally as bad nightmare as the ones I have during sleep.

The moral of the rambling story....don't do drugs..if you do, don't do em often, cause if you do em often you're going to fuck YOURSELF out of many many opportunities. Addiction happens, especially to people that really like the opiate "euphoria" I say run the other way OP.

"PLEASE sister Morphine, turn my....nightmares into dreams!"
-By marrianne faithful....sang hauntingly by Mick Jagger
Never heard a line in written word or even poems/songs that rings as true as that does right now....and I'M NOT EVEN IN WITHDRAWAL YET...very soon I feel it coming by the wee hours of this morning I will be Mourning the loss of my crutch, my blanket, my motivation, my dreams...and loathing 2 weeds of constant nightmares and pain that lie ahead.

Sometimes I just wish I was dead, thank God i'm too much of a pussy to kill myself, or get myself killed!!

PS...Hydro is better than oxy hands down IMHO/IME Oxy is nice but so much different, thing hydro is better because it only binds to the Mu receptors Vs. Oxy binding to the Kappa receptors, I definetley notice a big difference between the two...

PSS i'm bout to take my LAST 2 measley norcos...wish me luck Blers...the nightmares and the pain are not far behind me now gaining ground...I thought last nigh was bad and I took 3 yesterday, these 2 are probably just gonna piss me off quite bad, I migh break walls, hopefully i'll break a bone and get some decent pains!!

Everyone experiences drugs differently.

And official comparsion tables for narcotics are meant to decide equivalent pain-killing power - it says nothing of its ability to cause euphoria, sedation etc.