• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone making me feel VERY weird?

cabbagepatch31

Bluelighter
So I just got my hands on quite a bit of what I assumed to be Hydrocodone 10s. I know they have some opiates in them, because they will take the sickness away. BUT there are a lot of weird things going on when I take them.
-feel extremely light headed and uncoordinated, kinda like ketamine.
-my memory is absolutely shot when I’m on these. I will be talking/thinking about something and it will just completely escape me.
-My pupils are big!!!
-sound is amplified
-lots of body tingles just like an LSD come up.
honestly, to me, it feels like very mild LSD? Or Ketamine. I’m not sure. I’ve taken both, and neither of them had all those side effects I listed. Does anyone have a guess based on this information? Also, FYI, I take 2-3 at a time. Thanks!

So you have something you assume to Be hydrocodone 10mg but you're not taking them anymore?

You're not making any sense. What are you taking?

So you have something you assume to Be hydrocodone 10mg but you're not taking them anymore?

You're not making any sense. What are you taking?
I am not taking them anymore since they made me feel so weird. I was taking them, so that’s how I know what they feel like. I don’t really see what’s confusing about that. I’m really just looking for someone who may have experienced this and knows what they could possibly be cut with based on the side effects I listed.

Well we can't tell whats in your pills unfortunately, as it would just be speculation. Do you do hydrocodone often? Do these pills look like those pills? Are they the same color, size, consistency etc? Are the designs sharp or blurry? I've never personally seen hydrocodone fakes but they probably exist, and if they do they probably contain fentanyl as that is the cheapest opioid on a price;effect ratio. However enlarged pupils certainly doesn't sound like fentanyl LOL. If you don't take hydrocodone a lot maybe it just doesn't work well with you? I find it uselessly weak. Like marginally better than codeine. Okay to take the sickness away but not much else. Either way, if you're not enjoying them, stop taking them.

Well we can't tell whats in your pills unfortunately, as it would just be speculation. Do you do hydrocodone often? Do these pills look like those pills? Are they the same color, size, consistency etc? Are the designs sharp or blurry? I've never personally seen hydrocodone fakes but they probably exist, and if they do they probably contain fentanyl as that is the cheapest opioid on a price;effect ratio. However enlarged pupils certainly doesn't sound like fentanyl LOL. If you don't take hydrocodone a lot maybe it just doesn't work well with you? I find it uselessly weak. Like marginally better than codeine. Okay to take the sickness away but not much else. Either way, if you're not enjoying them, stop taking them.
Okay…i didn’t know, I just thought id give it a try. I don’t take them often. I’m using them to detox from heroin. These and Oxy’s are all I can find. I live in a huge city, but always have such a hard time finding opiates here. It’s like the opiate problem is everywhere BUT here (probably because it’s mostly BTH, which is dog shit). I used to take strictly fentanyl for a while like 5 years ago and I can definitely tell you it’s not fent! Honestly, and I know this might sound weird, but I think it has ketamine in it. I know that sounds so stupid to press into hydros but I mean it felt just like that or it even felt like the acid come up. I didn’t think they pressed hydros either!! It sucks because I know they have some opiates in them, so no dope sick, but they definitely made me feel shitty in other ways. I’m going to see if I can get rid of them or something, but yes, definitely won’t be taking them anymore!! It was just sooo weird!

I think you're probably just having withdrawals from the heroin.

Since hydrocodone is so much weaker, you probably are getting SOME relief (aka you think it has a little bit of opiates in it). Your pupils are probably huge because you're in withdrawal.

I highly doubt some one is out there cutting fake hydrocodone pills with "a little bit of opiates" mixed with ketamine or LSD or something. I mean it would cost them more to press a pill like that then it would be to just straight up make a fake sugar or fent pill.

Maybe get a tester kit.

I think you're probably just having withdrawals from the heroin.

Since hydrocodone is so much weaker, you probably are getting SOME relief (aka you think it has a little bit of opiates in it). Your pupils are probably huge because you're in withdrawal.

I highly doubt some one is out there cutting fake hydrocodone pills with "a little bit of opiates" mixed with ketamine or LSD or something. I mean it would cost them more to press a pill like that then it would be to just straight up make a fake sugar or fent pill.

Maybe get a tester kit.

This is possible . . one thing that weirds me out is the amplified sense of sound. I've never heard of that symptom from anyone at any time with this class of pills. People say music sounds better, but never sound amplified. It almost sounds like it has some adderallesque properties.

Without reading body of post:
I would suspect non-hydrocodone in the mix.
Please be safe and do not pass these around.
Thanks

I'd imagine that some kind of deliriant may be at play. Diphenhydramine et al are common adulterants in opi pills if I'm remembering correctly.

This is possible . . one thing that weirds me out is the amplified sense of sound. I've never heard of that symptom from anyone at any time with this class of pills. People say music sounds better, but never sound amplified. It almost sounds like it has some adderallesque properties.
I actually used to get this when I started suboxone. It was like everything was fine one minute and then the next minute everything seemed really loud and chaotic. It also came with a weird sense of depersonalization or something, or almost as if everything felt surreal.

I think it could have something to do with seizures/partial seizures & the persons personal chemistry. Technically opioids are convulsants and can lower seizure thresholds.

This is just mere speculation though really. Without testing, there's no way to know what was in that pill. The OP could have some kind of undiagnosed seizure disorder, or migraine disorder or may even simply be sensitive to hydrocodone + a combination of being in withdrawal from heroin (which was possibly fent considering how things are now a days).

I don't get it as often anymore & am still on suboxone, but I'm currently hooked up to an EEG if that means anything. lol

Waaaay to many variables to really know what was going on. :\ Just seems unlikely some one would press a hydrocodone pill with more expensive drugs, but I guess it's not impossible either.

So I just got my hands on quite a bit of what I assumed to be Hydrocodone 10s. I know they have some opiates in them, because they will take the sickness away. BUT there are a lot of weird things going on when I take them.
-feel extremely light headed and uncoordinated, kinda like ketamine.
-my memory is absolutely shot when I’m on these. I will be talking/thinking about something and it will just completely escape me.
-My pupils are big!!!
-sound is amplified
-lots of body tingles just like an LSD come up.
honestly, to me, it feels like very mild LSD? Or Ketamine. I’m not sure. I’ve taken both, and neither of them had all those side effects I listed. Does anyone have a guess based on this information? Also, FYI, I take 2-3 at a time. Thanks!
I felt this way recently and had two abnormal ekg, showing long QT. I used a urine test and it came back positive for h. I never would have knowingly ingested that. I felt very similar to what you're describing, in addition to lightheadedness, chills, just generally feeling very off. I have never used h before but something tells me that there may have been something else in it that I didn't test for.