• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone/ hair follicle test

Peach12

Greenlighter
I was subjected to a surprise hair follicle test today. I have taken hydrocodone from a very old script very infrequently.
Maybe 4-5, 5mg pills in September and 3, 5 mg pills in October. Is there any chance this wont show since I am not a regular user? I read that only frequent chronic use shows in hair in some places and others say only once will show. I also had my hair colored recently.
Does anyone have experience with this?
My whole life is basically riding on this test. Please help.

You can buy clarifying shampoo and leave it on for 15 minutes and it will strip all drug residue, pollution, etc. from your hair.

People who use any type of medications should clarify their hair once a month to restore the shine and strip the coating off that can occur due to medications. It is a good idea for everyone to clarify their hair a few times a year just due to pollution.

If you just had your hair colored, it is likely that your hairdresser clarified your hair before dyeing it.
The things I listed above can make The color “off”. Clarifying now will strip some of the color out.

It really depends on too many factors, what part of the hair that is tested (some use the whole hair, some use the root, some use several different segments), the detection limits, your personal physiology, etc.

Spitballing, I'd say you would be OK, especially if you can show you had a legit Rx for them at once. Usually opioid tests are looking for morphine or heroin metabolites specifically, but there is the off chance that hydrocodone may cross react with some screening tests. GCMS will tell for sure the difference.