• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids (Hydrocodone) CWE process question.

Tinker55

Bluelighter
I am scripted 60-70 Mgs of hydro for a spinal issue, don't run out early, do not Dr. Shop or take other opiates or recreational drugs. I do want to protect my liver, however, and started CWE at least one if not two of my three daily doses. The actual pills are the yellow ovals with a "v" , 10 Mgs of hydro, 325 apap.

I am not doing anything very involved-crush 2-4, pour 4-8 Ozs of cold water on the powder, refrigerate, then let it drip through a coffee filter. Is it possible that some of the apap is also dissolving? There doesn't seem to be a lot of residue in filter.

I also feel the effect of the hydro sooner with the liquid, but do not feel it is as effective. Well, saving my liver is probably the better option.Is there a better method?

You are correct on almost all accounts, but I CWE A LOT so I will chime in.

APAP is practically insoluble in COLD WATER hence the cold water extraction. If you are concerned about it you can try to lower the temperature of your water while you are filtering. Make sure to SOAK THE FILTER before using it, or you are wasting a lot of your hydro. Your body doesn't have to break down the drug as much, is why it hits you quicker. Unfortunately you will feel a little less because you are sadly losing a little bit through filtering. I have heard estimates of 5-15% loss of hydro, does that about match in the difference of feeling?

In my opinion however, this is all a moot point.

You are saying it is all prescribed to you legally? If so then you have as an option THE BEST METHOD OF ALL!!!!!

Why don't you tell your doctor that the APAP scares you and you want to get on a pain killer that doesn't have it? Your options are huge!

If they scare you, go get a different pain killer and I will trade you hydros :)

JK of course, glad you are attempting to be as safe as possible.

Thanks for the reply-for once, I have been "doing it right"! I'll try even colder water.

Yes, these are legal scripts for a recognized medical condition. No one who's seen my x-rays disagrees. Honestly, the more potent narcotics have a very bad association for me: My partner died as a consequence of MS Contin and Oxy abuse, combined with drinking almost a 5th of vodka a day. Talk about risks to your liver, although the cause of death was cardiac related. So I
told my PM people that I'm not going down that road. Sorry about the swap. ;)

This is somewhat OT, but does anyone know why hydro is never manufactured without apap? Is it to avoid potential abuse? Like that makes a difference....