• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydro-Morph Oral consumption - my dose if im use to nasal?

dustyw

Bluelighter
Hi Guys,

I'm done snorting Hydro-morph, my nose is telling me to stop. I do Hydro Morph orally once a week, and all week long my nose leaks.

I have read it's not that great orally, but i have a lot of these and i won't "throw them away -unless oral really is useless".

I won't IV nor plug (have a rectal issue), and im done nasal.

Typically i snort 3-4 mg every hour, rinse and repeat about 4-5 times.

Should i try 12 MG, or it it not even worth taking it orally? Should i do more since i have a tolerance? Will i get buzzed orally?

Thanks for the advice.

You can try taking it orally, but don't expect a "rush" like you might usually get snorting it. It's still gonna get absorbed into your blood and do its job as a narcotic.

You can try taking it orally, but don't expect a "rush" like you might usually get snorting it. It's still gonna get absorbed into your blood and do its job as a narcotic.

Advice on an oral dose for someone who can do 24 mg pretty easily in a night nasally (but would feel bad the next day)

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) or hydromorphone in Hydromorph Contin? Honestly bro, it is a huge waste to take them orally even if you have little tolerance. While IV'ing is certainly the best high you can get from them, I cannot in good conscience reccommend that to anybody, since it will destroy you and possibly those around you and is obviously not worth it in the end. They also have one of the shortest half-lives of all opiates - especially if banged. I have heard of people beginning withdrawal only 3 hours after their last dose, and it has happened before to me many times. I once shot 16 mg at once, right before getting on a five-hour flight. I was quite sick and miserable upon landing.

Railing them is then the best way to go for you, IMO. If you still want to know what dose would be best to take orally, that would depend entirely on your tolerance and stomach contents. If you have a high tolerance, I would say at LEAST 8 mg on a completely empty stomach, along with a good potentiator such as DXM or deiphenhydramine. However, this is extremely variable and will differ in every person. Just start off low and titrate upwards until you feel the effects you're looking for.

Always remember that if you take too little, you can always increase your dose. If you take too much and die....well you can't reverse that. Be careful and have fun!

EDIT - Sorry, I just saw your post saying you can easily rail 24 mg at once. In that case, you will probably need to swallow more than that to get the same effect (since logically the bioavailability is quite a bit lower). You would need to take at LEAST 24 mg on a totally empty stomach, but most likely you will need 30 or more. PLEASE be careful though if you experiment like this and start low as I said above. I also still don't really understand why you don't want to simply continue to rail them, as that would be better both for a high and for pain.