• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Hydrafinil?

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
So unfortunately I have finally broken down and bought more benzos after a good 6 months of abstinence. Silver lining: They threw in 5gs of Hydrafinil. It?s suppose to be a modafinil replacement though it works through a different mechanism(5-HT6 antagonism). Any here had a chance to try it? Suppose to be pretty mild with a decent mood lift which I could currently use as I am pretty depressed about having to turn back to benzos.

AKA fluorenol? Not really a research chemical, more like a supplement and fish-icide. Pescacide? Crustacean-killer. Crabicide?

And where'd you get HT-6 antagonism? Anyway, never tried it. I'd be very interested though.

Let me know if I've got the wrong diphenyl.

Lol I hope you have the wrong one. It is indeed one in the same as fluorenol Could you elaborate what you mean by fish-Icide? I assume nothing too bad since you’re somewhat interested?

Edit 1: I saw the 5H6 antagonism thing from a reddit thread started by the [dude].
Edit 2:I used the RC prefix as there is not one for Nootropics. Maybe the Elder council could vote on adding one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it was like or slightly more effective than modafinil i just dont see how that could justify consuming a random research chemical with basically nothing about it that i could find on google scholar synthd by some random person who happens to be one of the first to synth it. I take modafinil everyday and its effects arent that much stronger than caffeine pills or coffee.

If you go with the massive legitimate chemical uber-supplier that produces this totally legal compound, you'll see they cite a paper on drug design based on structures related to modafinil.

If you hydrolyze the thionyl-acetamide off, you get what is basically fluorenol, which they speculate is the active metabolite (which would get oxidized pretty fast to fluorenone). Hard to know for sure without reading the thing (paywall).

That fluorenol base is found in so many psychoactives (just constrain the diphenyl groups in everything from Benadryl to Prozac), it's hard to think it wouldn't be too; but maybe, without the ether/ester/thionyl the specificity is lost, and you just get a low-potency CNS depressant. Or toxin. It is harmful to fish.

And yes, if you visit the website that is impossible to find, it invokes the serotonin #6 receptor, which when antagonized may help with appetite suppression and memory. But where the fluorenol connection comes from . . . I'm guessing cause Alzheimer's makes good ad copy for alleged nootropics and who checks anyway?

Sadly I have been too wrecked off of diclazepam to ascertain if this has any subtle effects. Depressing but hey, if I had gotten back on clonazolam instead I would have probably dropped the entire container on the floor and forgot about it.