Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Huge police presence in Melbourne

bikki_muncher69

Bluelighter
Hey, have been told by pleanty of people that due to the commonwealth games there is a huge police presence in the city and surrounding area's, drug busses, booze busses and loads of cops are on the alert so be more cautious than you usually would.

Stay safe and out of trouble!!

bikki_muncher;)

Last edited:
You should always be careful and shouldn't be drink/drug driving anyway no matter what time of year it is but obviously an event like this will bring in the extra forces but they would more likely be focused on things other than kids smoking cones behind the sports shed :)

^Yar of coarse you shouldent be drink/drug driving but theoretically with the drug bus if you smoked cones in the morning and were fine to drive at nighttime they would still pick it up and thats a $300 fine and 3 demerit points.

a gig i was gonna go too tonight was cancelled. Fuk the games.

I wouldn't necessarily infer that the police presence are going to be all that concerned with drug use in the city. They are there to ensure the smooth running of the Commonwealth Games, probably most importantly to deter the threat of terrorism.

I think they have a few new mobile police stations around town.

Most bars and entertainment venues in the CBD area are expecting good business during the Games, I would personally avoid the city for the next few weeks anyway.

I doubt they'd be prosecuting any more harshly than normal when it comes to drug crimes, it's just that there'll be more of them around.