• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/684133-Track-Marks-MEGA-Thread-v-I-m-a-pin-cushion

they have creams and gels for scars and other marks, from what I hear the ones that pregnant women use for their stretch marks work the best, theres a kind called bio oil which I have used on a scar on my face which worked pretty well

Yeah I use Bio oil. This one isn't going away. If I can make a suggestion to any new iv users. If an injection site starts to look a little beat up, find another one. I haven't shot up in over a year and this track mark is causing me problems.

Let that site heal and use neosporin or bacitracin on it so it doesn't end up causing you problems down the road.

Rotating sites frequently is the best way to avoid harsh scars like that. Those come from pounding the same spot over and over again. I understand the temptation when you have an easy spot to hit to just keep going, but try to resist and hit elsewhere. It'll make all your veins last longer.

Scar tissue- Does it ever go away?

I used to inject (mainly meth, occasionally heroin) frequently in my arms without rotating sights. Now, I have a large lump of scar tissue on one arm, and 2 tiny lumps on another. Do these ever go away, or will they stay there forever? And is there anything I can do to reduce their size or get rid of them or anything?

*Yes, when I inject now, I rotate sights.
*Yes, I quit injecting in my arms altogether.
*I think the large lump may have gotten slightly smaller, but I can't be positive.
*Yes, I know injecting is bad. I haven't done it lately. I'm trying to quit altogether.

Get some hydrocortisone sodium succinate, and inject a dozen or two mg into the scar with a 31 gauge needle.

Get some strixaderm! If it's still there, I was always using clean rigs different veins but this one thin preferred spot I used often got out of control nasty, use it as much as possible and it will get rid of the scar entirely over time. If you don't have the money for it, cocoa butter does crazy repairing for cheap as well. Just no where as close. If you're not trying to buy anything some household remedies are aloe vera, any lotions, aquafor, vitamin E, coconut oil, massaging with warm water frequently.

Leave those sites alone, do as others have suggested regarding creams and ointments but it's time that heals these things, as someone noted much like OP's photo, the shot sites often just look like burns. It's the tracks that run the length of veins that look like the veins have been stripped, sometimes they have!

I used a vein in the crook of my left arm - old faithful, all shooters have or had one or two of these, well an inch along that vein was used thousands of times and unless I pointed it out and you looked really closely you wouldn't know. Always use fresh picks, avoid shooting anything that contains less of the desired drug and more cut - so pills in general are no good to shoot, and heating gear to dissolve everything (all cut) is a bad idea. Once you add water the desired drug is quickly in solution, if there's crap still not dissolved it is likely to crap. That shit clumps back up once is hits your much cooler blood temp. Drugs should be legal and regulated for price and quality.