• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/684133-Track-Marks-MEGA-Thread-v-I-m-a-pin-cushion

manboychef

Bluelighter
ugly track marks!!!!

from my use of IV pharmaceuticals I have left lasting scars from track marks on my arms. I haven't shot up in a year and two months but I have one ghastly track mark on my arm that is very visible.
I was wondering if there are any remedies to get rid of this very ugly red flag to future employers who care little if you have turned over a new leaf.

Here as an image of it after a year of not shooting up.

Is there anyway to get rid of these? It would be very helpful for my future career as it seems like if you have made mistakes in the past they will overlook you regardless of how goo of an employee you could possibly be.:?

PS, I'm currently using Bio oil and I may resort to getting a tattoo over it even though scars don't take much ink and often don't look good.

Vitamin E will work wonders.

Judging by your picture, they don't look that noticeable as track marks.

scars are permanent man, unless its a very minor one, then over time (months or years, it will go away) i have a scar on my forearm where i 1st started shooting up years ago, it looks like a little line, and its wide, its quite nasty looking if u really take a look at it. i have "burn looking" track marking also , mostly from shooting crack and pills..use a fresh needle everytime, perhaps a 31gauge, dont go in the same spot, and maybe u wont have bad scars, and dont miss

i certainly wouldn't get another tattoo over it.

To be honest, the existing tattoo is more of noticeable drawback for a naive employer.

It's hard to tell how bad the scar tissue looks because the pic is a giant closeup of (i assume) the inside of your elbow.

A decent resume and presenting a clean-cut image for the interview is your best bet. They aren't going to scan you for scars.

You will be wearing a long sleeve shirt and tie for the interview anyway. After you have the job and prove you are competent the employer will care little for tattoos or conspicuous looking scars.

Unless you have scars all over, literally running up and down the length of entire veins, most people do not know they are tracks.

And, yeah sorry man I wish there was a good way to get rid of them because my arms and hands are covered in scars, but it's just what happens. You can't expect to jab yourself with a needle over and over again for years and not get marked up.

it will never completely go away but will fade into something looking nothing like a track after a couple years unless they are worse than what you showed like mine which i have spots i haven't used in half a decade that still look bad

s pretty noticeable. I was using my tablet to take a picture. I never used the same rig more than twice....in new York state pharmacies sell you needles for three dollars for ten. I never understood why people couldn't afford a fresh one or wanted to use one of my used ones.

On topic. This is after a year....I don't think its getting any better, hence my idea of getting a tattoo. Any ideas

i have IVe din my forearms for an 8 month period when i first started doing heroin, which was 9 years ago, and i can still see visible scars, very small, but still the damage is permanent

Honestly, you're very fortunate if that's all the scarring you have. Unless you're dealing with an extremely observant employer, i doubt that they're going to notice anything at all. And if they do, you would definitely be able to pass it off as a scar from some sort of injury. However, I understand that you would probably be more comfortable if you were able to make the marks less visible even if its just for yourself. With me, I use an antibiotic ointment, like neosporin, a couple times a week. And recently I started using the lotion my boyfriend uses (he doesn't shoot up, but he uses it regularly and ALWAYS recommends it to people with fresh tattoos and it works REALLY well for them) and it seems to be working really well for my scars too. It's St. Ives Skin Renewing body lotion Collagen Elastin. It's 100% natural, fast absorbing, non greasy and it smells AMAZING!!! And like someone said earlier, ALWAYS use new needles, I know when I use new needles I won't even be able to see the marks the next day but when I use a dull one I'll have a mark with a scab and everything for like 2 weeks. Plus, I know when I use a dull needle it'll take me several tries before I find a vein, whereas I usually get it first or second try with a new one.

I was wondering.......
So in multiple places where I have shot up, mostly the inside of my elbow, I have these almost blueish dots. They're darker than any of the scarring around them, like it looks like someone tattooed a period on me. I don't have that many, maybe 8 or so, but I was just curious if anyone else had these? Does anyone know what causes them, what they're from???

***And as for the tattoo idea to cover them up, I think a tattoo will just draw more attention to the area and like someone said earlier, an employer will have more of a problem with a tattoo, than a scar that they may or may not notice.

I use mine as a reminder of where I've been and where I don't want to go back.

ΔΔΔΔhere here. I think shooting Ms contin scarred mine up pretty good-I already have plenty of tattoos on my arms among other places.

I'm basically just sick of other cooks working under me asking me about how I got them....or why. It is none of their business and if it were it would be part of orientation.

Im finally now getting over the guilt and shame of a lifetime of use....I don't need to be brought back to those feelings by a trainee cook.

there are anti scar cream you can buy. i got one off amazon and it worked for a scar i got on my face

Give it time and it will get better. I quit about ten years ago and mine are hard to notice. Someone in the know could spot it if they were really close but others wouldn't even know. If anything it could be a burn scar for all they knew. I used to use lotion that healed skin but I forget the name of it. Glad to know you kicked the habit. It was definitely the best thing I ever did. Long sleeves don't cut it in the south :)

I work in a position where I handle hiring new employees. Wear a long sleeve shirt, and conduct your self in a positive professional manner. Most people would have no idea about your past, and do not feel the need to share those details. Once you are hired try to keep your history to yourself. You don't want to give an employer reason to random drug test you. Best of luck and congratulations on kicking your habit.

I've got the job but I get one of four types of people
1. The girl that thinks she can fix me
2. The person that wants to hear stories or or up me with outlandish tales of use
3. The person that does not care or is understanding
4. The person that wants nothing to do with me

I guess I live a relatively sheltered life, because I would not have even known that was a track mark! If someone asks you about it, it is 100% ok to LIE! My therapist calls those kinds of lies "privacy lies". It is no ones business. Also, I am very good at redirecting questions I do not want to answer. I come up with a non answer like "it's a long story", then immediately change the subject by asking that person an unrelated question. I don't know if any of that is helpful. I totally understand your desire to put your past behind you.