• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

how you avoid tolerance, whats your technique?

Gormur

Bluelighter
Magnesium oxide is primarily a laxative as only a fraction of it gets resorbed, yes. Carbonate is slightly better but the ones @Gormur mentioned are the best.

Which ones did you read about or try?
St. John's Wort and ashwagandha. The first one had too many side effects. Ashwagandha is pretty good though I had a feeling it interacted with stimulants so I could only take it at certain times

I doubt these really help with tolerance so I shouldn't have mentioned them

Last edited:

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Ah yes I forgot magnesium. I personally take Magnesium l-threonate. Up until I tried this supplement I had what I thought was a permanent tolerance to caffeine but within a week I could use caffeine and actually feel it.

It’s also reduced tolerance to other stimulants.

-GC

Gormur

Bluelighter
Ah yes I forgot magnesium. I personally take Magnesium l-threonate. Up until I tried this supplement I had what I thought was a permanent tolerance to caffeine but within a week I could use caffeine and actually feel it.

It’s also reduced tolerance to other stimulants.

-GC
I forgot another good one, magnesium glycinate. Definitely steer clear of the oxide and stearate forms

Vitamin C is good if you get the powdered kind. Pure crystals are the best, like 1g doses. Basically if you took stimulants and need to come down this will help

nznity

Bluelighter
Good question...

The two drugs I take daily with the most chance of creating tolerance are cannabis and Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone).

For cannabis I stick with flower and rarely smoke concentrates, the varied cannabinoid and terpene content of the flower helps to allow for “tolerance breaks” of sorts when you switch from one strain to another.

Then for Suboxone I believe naloxone may have a tolerance lowering effect as evidenced by LDN therapy doing the same thing. It’s the only opiate I can use without my tolerance going up.

All other drugs I make sure to space out my use and use responsibly in a way to negate any future tolerance. For example using antioxidants with MDMA to “keep the magic.”

-GC
Bro, which antioxidants are good with MDMA? I wannnnt my magic cleannn always :)

Deru

Moderator: CEPS
Staff member
I was reading a study saying something like 22,000 mg per day of ascorbic acid per day, combined with vitamin E (can't remember dose), helped a lot for opioid withdrawals. The only thing the study recommned for further study was time- and dose- dependent information for the ascorbic, but it would have to be like close to hourly doses I would imagine due to how fast we metabolize it. Not quite tolerance, per se, but somewhat fits in here.

dopamimetic

Moderator: N&PD
Staff member
22g of vitamin C, is this true? There is some link of inflammation and various negative effects from tolerance to depression, and oxygen species are a relevant factor for it ... emoxypine helps against stimulant rebound which is impressive, never tried for other things yet.

Deru

Moderator: CEPS
Staff member

There are some more recent ones if you do some searching, but this one came up immediately when I searched for it and will get you started.

karrotx

Greenlighter
my technique is taking non cross tolerance drugs, I'm always searching for new receptors to intrect with now I'm taking
the drug - the mechanizem of action - the effect
magnesium (NMDA antagonist) emotion bland (good), mascul relaxant, vivid dreams, anti anixety effect, antidepresent effect
anafranil (blanced SNRI and histamine antagonist) confidences in self, make sounds more HD, stop think I can live alone, stimulant effect, antiejaculation speed, strong motivitation
lamotrigine (sodium channel blocker) physical stimulation
olanzpine (Dopamine 2 and 3 antagonist) empathy , anti ocd effect
nicotine (nicotine receptors agonist) strong improvements in attention performance + cognitive effect, alertness, aggression, anti-anxiety affect, fast thinking
trihexyphenidyl (mascarin antagonist) moderate euphoria and anti-anxiety effect and mild Hallucinations
lorazepam (gaba PAM) don't wanting to getting or save memory, strong anti-social anxiety effect, extreme don't care effect, you dont get tired from working in laptop or other, Impulsivity & aggression, motivation, muscle relaxant, increase sleep quality, euphoria, cognitive impriment

most of this effect get toleranced but im above the baseline too much for 2 years, what you think about this do you have better technique?
You should definitely look into this supplement called agmatine. It's an NMDA antagonist that helps reverse tolerance. I've been using it for a few years and it really helps! I take it mostly because I take kratom everyday which also hits NMDA receptors. The reason I recommend this is because it could help lower you tolerance to benzos.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Bro, which antioxidants are good with MDMA? I wannnnt my magic cleannn always :)
Do you guys have the brand Airborne down there? It’s essentially a supplement designed to make colds go away quicker. It’s got a lots of different antioxidants all in one easy to chew or drink form.

I always consume them right at the end of the experience as to not negate the roll but also based on research as well as my own experience antioxidants can negate toxicity even when taken after the experience.

It seems a lot of the toxicity is related to metabolites, these metabolites take time to form and so long as you make sure your body’s antioxidant System is ready to fight em your good.

Btw ill tattoo :)

-GC

dopamimetic

Moderator: N&PD
Staff member
You should definitely look into this supplement called agmatine. It's an NMDA antagonist that helps reverse tolerance. I've been using it for a few years and it really helps! I take it mostly because I take kratom everyday which also hits NMDA receptors.
Whoa, thanks for that link - rhynchophylline, an alkaloid present also in kratom is finally the first naturally occurring NMDA antagonist I read about! Definitely need to source some Uncaria rhynchophylla. But kratom's a weak one, it does relief glutamatergic overexcitation a bit but the other effects overpower it and it's by far not strong enough to cause euphoria or disinhibition.

Also interesting that agmatine does work for you, read more reports about it being inactive. How much do you take, and any psychoactive effects from it alone?

Yeah, antioxidants are under-estimated but not all have high CNS permeability. Emoxypine is certainly worth a try.

karrotx

Greenlighter
Whoa, thanks for that link - rhynchophylline, an alkaloid present also in kratom is finally the first naturally occurring NMDA antagonist I read about! Definitely need to source some Uncaria rhynchophylla. But kratom's a weak one, it does relief glutamatergic overexcitation a bit but the other effects overpower it and it's by far not strong enough to cause euphoria or disinhibition.

Also interesting that agmatine does work for you, read more reports about it being inactive. How much do you take, and any psychoactive effects from it alone?

Yeah, antioxidants are under-estimated but not all have high CNS permeability. Emoxypine is certainly worth a try.
TIL Shit about kratom XD

Yes agmatine works very well for me. I order it from nootropicsdepot and I've taken it up to 750mg in one dose. Each pill is 250mg and pretty potent overall. It's best to take it on empty stomach and use it to help you exercise better. It helps improve physical stamina and testosterone levels. It has truly brought me some magical glowing moments of pure euphoria and feeling incredible after a good workout. I like to take it in the morning so that it has the most potential to improve my day. There is this odd effect it has to mute NMDA active drugs when you first take it, but by the end of the day it seems to wear off and go from an antagonist to an agonist. Making the evening full of bliss with kratom and disos. :D it can also help you crave nicotine less, which is always helpful for me lol I vape like a freight train.

It's funny you mention emoxypine because I was researching it a few months ago. Have you tried it before? I was pretty interested in it for a while but it just felt like something I would abuse. I don't wanna get hooked on the stuff. I mean taking it every once in awhile would be fine, but not daily.

nznity

Bluelighter
Do you guys have the brand Airborne down there? It’s essentially a supplement designed to make colds go away quicker. It’s got a lots of different antioxidants all in one easy to chew or drink form.

I always consume them right at the end of the experience as to not negate the roll but also based on research as well as my own experience antioxidants can negate toxicity even when taken after the experience.

It seems a lot of the toxicity is related to metabolites, these metabolites take time to form and so long as you make sure your body’s antioxidant System is ready to fight em your good.

Btw ill tattoo :)

-GC
my dad's got something similar that's got the same stuff. i'll take some when i roll next time and see how it helps. thanks GC :p

allone

Bluelighter

There are some more recent ones if you do some searching, but this one came up immediately when I searched for it and will get you started.
whoa thats insane. i cannot see how vitamin c can help with wd's. but i remember that when i was shooting, i became deficient in vitamin c and when i took it, it hit me. it was the first time i felt a vitamin. maybe it doesnt help with wd's but just brings back a vitamin that has been completely removed from the body by abusing opiates. not sure how opiates get rid of vitamin c, but i personally experienced it, and i believe it.