• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

how you avoid tolerance, whats your technique?

ibtisam midlet

Bluelighter
my technique is taking non cross tolerance drugs, I'm always searching for new receptors to intrect with now I'm taking
the drug - the mechanizem of action - the effect
magnesium (NMDA antagonist) emotion bland (good), mascul relaxant, vivid dreams, anti anixety effect, antidepresent effect
anafranil (blanced SNRI and histamine antagonist) confidences in self, make sounds more HD, stop think I can live alone, stimulant effect, antiejaculation speed, strong motivitation
lamotrigine (sodium channel blocker) physical stimulation
olanzpine (Dopamine 2 and 3 antagonist) empathy , anti ocd effect
nicotine (nicotine receptors agonist) strong improvements in attention performance + cognitive effect, alertness, aggression, anti-anxiety affect, fast thinking
trihexyphenidyl (mascarin antagonist) moderate euphoria and anti-anxiety effect and mild Hallucinations
lorazepam (gaba PAM) don't wanting to getting or save memory, strong anti-social anxiety effect, extreme don't care effect, you dont get tired from working in laptop or other, Impulsivity & aggression, motivation, muscle relaxant, increase sleep quality, euphoria, cognitive impriment

most of this effect get toleranced but im above the baseline too much for 2 years, what you think about this do you have better technique?

Last edited:

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
Just do different drugs each time and don't do same drug to often, like don't take opioids or benzos daily etc

I need to alternate different sleeping pills when they stop working, I also have K breaks as you get tolerance to it VERY QUICK if do it often like most K heads

I'm now tapering/almost cold turkey off benzos as quit mirtazapine last week and I'm not well, fibromyalgia playing up too

But I've been through withdraw many times so I can do it again

dopamimetic

Moderator: N&PD
Staff member
Managed to avoid or manage tolerance and withdrawal to almost everything besides nmda antagonists. And exactly they are what helps most with most things so it's an one way road with a few loops and extra stuff but remains to be one way - this can maybe be extended for pretty long if one manages to resist the temptation of over use or escapism.
Alternating things helps, while poly use is hard to treat this usually involves many things together and having more than one group of drugs available, when used with common sense, tends to be a less bad thing than being heavily addicted to one substance alone.

Most problematic what I see here is lorazepam but you'll know that I guess.

What are you using trihexyphenidyl for? Just curious 🙂

ibtisam midlet

Bluelighter
What are you using trihexyphenidyl for? Just curious 🙂
trihexyphenidyl give me moderate euphoria and anti-anxiety effect and mild Hallucinations in the short term, but if you use it daily you will get very bad delirium without any euphoria

ibtisam midlet

Bluelighter
i think ill get a lot of heat over saying this, but isnt the best most proper natural way in avoiding tolerance abstinence for a while?
Just do different drugs each time and don't do same drug to often, like don't take opioids or benzos daily etc

I need to alternate different sleeping pills when they stop working, I also have K breaks as you get tolerance to it VERY QUICK if do it often like most K heads

I'm now tapering/almost cold turkey off benzos as quit mirtazapine last week and I'm not well, fibromyalgia playing up too

But I've been through withdraw many times so I can do it again
most drugs if you cycle it works 1 day every 6-20 days (tested) (6 caffeine, 20 nicotine)
>>**i cant put resource of this because its from other biohacking forum so might moderators doesn't like that*
so you need 6 strong non-cross tolerance drugs to stay euphoriated always
add to that ibtisam with lorazepam is not the same person of ibtisam with anafranil, i stated getting many personalities in my life, every ibtisam think she are the right with it's Discussions

dopamimetic

Staff member
most drugs if you cycle it works 1 day every 6-20 days (tested) (6 caffeine, 20 nicotine)
>>**i cant put resource of this because its from other biohacking forum so might moderators doesn't like that*
Don't worry, links to other sites are ok as long as they don't sell things or are otherwise against the law.

You really get empathy from olanzapine? Interesting. All the antipsychotics induce anhedonia, apathy and restlessness in me.

add to that ibtisam with lorazepam is not the same person of ibtisam with anafranil, i stated getting many personalities in my life, every ibtisam think she are the right with it's Discussions
Do you mean you have different emotions and opinions on different drugs, and the current mindset always feels right but afterwards wrong, in favor of the then-current one? Because first I had to think of multiple personality disorder which at some point I suspected to have that but it's something pretty different. Like multiple persons sharing a single body.

Yet about drugs, and even without them (depression vs. hypomania) but it's much, much more impressing and obvious with drugs - dissociatives in my case. Stims to a lesser degree. Others like opioids, alcohol(!), benzos etc. are neutral but the dissos can switch me 'on' that is from introverted, semi-autistic, rigid, anxious and negative thinking to contact-seeking, talkative, optimistic etc. Took long time for me to grasp and accept it, as I love the 'on' one and struggle with the 'off' one, which I even think about as being weak and dysfunctional. As drugs have the reputation of negatively influence personalities I assumed to have biased / skewed perception but over time pretty some individuals confirmed me independent of each other. The best of all was my ex-psychiatrist which told me how impressed he was about my 'progress' lol He wasn't exactly pleased when I later told him the origins but impressed enough to prescribe me a rare medicine he never did before (memantine) to try.

so you need 6 strong non-cross tolerance drugs to stay euphoriated always
Makes a nice theory but that isn't how the brain works. When using drugs to get euphoria as the sole reason, many will end up with the opposite as you will develop tolerance to, stupidly said, the feeling of euphoria as such, and/or slip into mania, jittery dysphoria or OCD as with time you simply stop to value and feel the euphoria. You need alternating feelings to keep the system working, but that's not accurate either. Sorry, maybe I'll find better words later to describe what I have in mind.

It's a good question though about which probably every interested drug user will think at one or another point. I managed to sustain euphoria and stimulation for months - yet only when I used the drive and euphoria to engage in activities which would reward me, like social contacts, work. and always involved NMDA antagonists. At some point it's almost inevitable to crash more or less, as at least it requires a ton of willpower not to overdo things and end up doing stupid shit (I did, and acquired hefty tolerance which might now 'provide' me with increased tension while sober).

ibtisam midlet

Bluelighter
You really get empathy from olanzapine
yes because its dopamine 3 antagonist action, D3 antagonist is widely used to stop agitation
this drug is selective d3 antagonist used for that
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perphenazine

there an interaction between dopamine 2 and 3 and HT1A receptors
SSRIs like flouxetine that induce empathy indirectly by agonizing HT1A receptors , lead to down-regulation on doapmine 2 which lead to anti ocd effect
and also lead to down-regulation on dopamine 3 with lead to its sexual side effect, and empathy

your brain is like computer every piece of it interact with other piece

dopamimetic

Staff member
your brain is like computer every piece of it interact with other piece
I have another imagination for that but I don't know how it's called. A game/puzzle like a chess board where when you press on one field, all the others move up/down and you need to figure out how to make it flat again ...
It's even more complex than a computer, involving digital and analogue processing. A brain never blue-screens or hangs. But yeah, it's true.

Interesting about D3, and 5HT1A. Didn't remember that the latter downregulates D2 - lesser known but equally bad is too little activity at D2 leads to anhedonia, apathy, lethargy. Whyever, I got this and dopamine agonists improve my problems greatly, just too much of them induces OCD for sure. This makes stimulants almost non-addictive to me because they become primarily norepinephrinergic when you take out part of the D2.

Then I need a D3 agonist lol ... I'm struggling about too many emotions and reacting overly sensitive to these of others.

Deru

Moderator: CEPS
Staff member
Ketamine reverses opiate tolerance.
Naltrexone seems to be great for doing similar, as well. I've been hearing a lot of good things about it, especially using it in micro doses. I'm curious how using different drugs that act on similar receptors avoids receptor down regulation though, as the OP is alluding to? Or is the OP specifically talking about tolerance to a specific drug, more in the realm of cross tolerance?

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Good question...

The two drugs I take daily with the most chance of creating tolerance are cannabis and Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone).

For cannabis I stick with flower and rarely smoke concentrates, the varied cannabinoid and terpene content of the flower helps to allow for “tolerance breaks” of sorts when you switch from one strain to another.

Then for Suboxone I believe naloxone may have a tolerance lowering effect as evidenced by LDN therapy doing the same thing. It’s the only opiate I can use without my tolerance going up.

All other drugs I make sure to space out my use and use responsibly in a way to negate any future tolerance. For example using antioxidants with MDMA to “keep the magic.”

-GC

Deru

Staff member
Then for Suboxone I believe naloxone may have a tolerance lowering effect as evidenced by LDN therapy doing the same thing. It’s the only opiate I can use without my tolerance going up.
I've had similar views, myself, when it comes to buprenorphine with naloxone (Suboxone), it would put it in the dosage range for LDN therapy.

allone

Bluelighter
I've had similar views, myself, when it comes to buprenorphine with naloxone (Suboxone), it would put it in the dosage range for LDN therapy.
i got suboxone without naloxone, puts me on a wild ride. i mean i got both versions and im sticking with the naloxone, honestly. the subs without it, just drive me nuts. its too stimulative and weird. i think its just me tho, as i react sensitively to most drugs now days due to brain damage :(

Deru

Staff member
i got suboxone without naloxone, puts me on a wild ride. i mean i got both versions and im sticking with the naloxone, honestly. the subs without it, just drive me nuts. its too stimulative and weird. i think its just me tho, as i react sensitively to most drugs now days due to brain damage :(
It wouldn't have a psychoactive effect, so I'm not really sure why you feel different. The bioavailability of sublingual naloxone is only 2 to 3 percent, not enough to do anything besides what is currently being studied for LDN (low dose naloxone) therapy. And it is extremely low doses.

allone

Bluelighter
It wouldn't have a psychoactive effect, so I'm not really sure why you feel different. The bioavailability of sublingual naloxone is only 2 to 3 percent, not enough to do anything besides what is currently being studied for LDN (low dose naloxone) therapy. And it is extremely low doses.
i see. so its the different companies and the different strength and quality of products that i will associate this with. one has no naloxone, the other does. but totally different manufacturers. im not even sure if any of them are actually US based. Probably India vs China....

dopamimetic

Staff member
Naloxone has a psychoactive effect in minimal amounts, once I stupidly snorted part (maybe 1/4) of a tilidin/naloxone pill thinking it would only work when injected as the leaflet says - I had only memantine in my system, no opioid tolerance and got a hour of mental hell. This might have been 1mg naloxone but even .25mg will have an effect on opioids - they use just 4mg(!) to reverse heroin ODs.

NMDA antagonists do wonders about opioid withdrawal, less so for tolerance (to euphoria) but it should work to keep painkillers effective. They also help with dopaminergic / stimulant tolerance and might aid with benzo withdrawal. In some cases like social anxiety they can be better anxiolytics than gabaergics but we have nothing at the moment to help with/reverse tolerance to nmda antagonists, unfortunately. They definitely should only be used with moderation to remain effective. Naltrexone has reduced nmdar density in animals but imagine being some weeks straight on a full dose of naloxone. No fucking way.

ULN sounds promising. Other things do too though but fail in humans but the ULN seems to be proven by reports.

Receptor interactions are so wickedly complex that I leave it open for now to write about them.

Gormur

Bluelighter
CoQ10 for stimulants. Make sure you're taking the right magnesium, some of them don't help. Orotate is the best and chelated magnesium is all right

For adrenal support, B-complex. Again, make sure it's the right form; methylcobamalin and not cyanacobamalin. The methyl form will get to your brain, the other won't

Then there are different herbs but I really don't know much about those as they do weird things to me

dopamimetic

Staff member
Magnesium oxide is primarily a laxative as only a fraction of it gets resorbed, yes. Carbonate is slightly better but the ones @Gormur mentioned are the best.

Then there are different herbs but I really don't know much about those as they do weird things to me
Which ones did you read about or try?