• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants how to use adderall for studying all day with limited supply?

felinafelina

Greenlighter
Hello. My friend has 12 pills of adderall, 10 mg, and has huge tests coming up (med school finals-level huge). she has 15 days of studying and wants to efficiently use her time and pills. what would be the best way for her to do this, since she is unable to get any more adderall?

she usually takes halves, 5mg, and that lasts her about 5-6 hours. Should she take half in the morning and then the other half late afternoon, or just take the whole thing in the morning?

what would be the best foods for her to eat to make it as efficient as possible?

will she develop a tolerance towards the end of the 15 days?

thank you!

I would just take them all two hours before the test and cram the fuck out of it before going in to the test totally spun lol, but hey, that's just me.

15 days should not be enough for tolerance problems. Given that we are talking IR pills at relatively low doses, I think 5mg 2x/day is probably best. That's how I would do it, anyway. (Honestly, I would probably do even less, but that's because I don't react well to amphetamine...but she can try 2.5mg up to 4x/day.)

I don't know of any foods that will potentiate amphetamine. I think grapefruit juice might, though? I remember hearing speculation about that a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure tums (basic, not acidic things) potentiates it while acidic things like OJ, energy drinks, etc, get rid of it quicker.

If she is doing adderall 15 days in a row, then yes she will have to keep taking more and more to get the desired effects. This is a long time for someone to take adderall in a row and I worry she may be burned out by the end of it and it may effect her test taking skills.

Of course it is still possible. The key to being able to consecutively take the adderall and have it keep motivating you is to make sure you get as much sleep as possible andstay hydrated and make sure to eat! Even if you don't feel hungry have some fruit or oatmeal.

I would recommend starting off with as low as she can the first day, split into two doses as you said and gradually increase a tiny bit everyday. Magnesium is also recommended to help keep your tolerance down and vitamin b will also help to keep you going.

If it is at all possible to take breaks in between days or study the regular way the first day or few then this will help you from being burned out, but easier said than done I realize. As I said try not to pull any all nighters and get sleep when you can to help!

Hi Felina,

Welcome to Bluelight,

Yes, True ^ L-Tryrosine I took for sometime myself. Take it with bit b-6 for better absorption.

Wait until about 5 days before the test to start taking them. Only ingest them when studying is planned (to avoid psychological addiction). Slowly increase the dosage (5, 10, maybe 15 the last day) as needed for enhanced studying. Cram hard for the few hours leading up to the test. Space them out so that the last pill is in full effect during the test.

Caffeine provides a great boost to amphetamines- 100-200mg on too of the adderall should do the trick.
And increasing the alkalinity of urine (via tums, antacids or if you can stomach it- a tablespoon of baking soda) reduces clearance thereby prolonging the duration and intensity

If you want to extend the half life of your amphetamine you need to increase the PH of your body fluid. Dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda into a shots worth of water 45 minutes BEFORE you take your amphetamine....then 4 hours later bump the bs again and steer away from acidic foods and juice.....just water :) BOOM!!!

Wait until about 5 days before the test to start taking them. Only ingest them when studying is planned (to avoid psychological addiction). Slowly increase the dosage (5, 10, maybe 15 the last day) as needed for enhanced studying. Cram hard for the few hours leading up to the test. Space them out so that the last pill is in full effect during the test.

^ This. Even if you can't wait the full 10 days, doing your typical study sessions for as long as you can instead of 15 days straight of amph and making sure you're not coming down for any of the tests is going to be a huge factor on getting good grades.

You could study for days and days non stop but if you're coming down or all tweaked out and can't concentrate then all your hard work will back fire.

I would just take them all two hours before the test and cram the fuck out of it before going in to the test totally spun lol, but hey, that's just me.
I'd more then likely take 2-3 every hour but then again I have a tolerance
but anyways the plan she is going with right now is good for study purposes if it works for her there is no reason to push up the dose unless she wants to have some fun

The best way to use these pills, especially with little to no tolerance, is to take 20mgs of Extended Release per day maximum (this is just to be in accordance with your available quantities). Also, if you chose to step into the deeper end of the pool, say 40mgs, again, with no tolerance, you could end up burning yourself out before the finals roll around.

I used stimulants extensively when I was in college. Mostly amphetamines and some methylphendiate-type stuff whenever the amphetamines weren't around. I found that if I went above a certain dose (~20-40mgs), I would start focusing less on my schoolwork in favor of say, guitar or compulsive masturbation (I know that's gross, sorry). That's just my experience, but I would definitely advise using as little speed as possible. You need both to study hard and be refreshed and ready to tackle the exams. I'm sure being med-students you have more self-control that I, so I don't think it will be too big of a problem for you.

What kind of studying is it? If this is the kind of exam where you have to write essays/papers, I'd really recommend against doing it on an amphetamine you're not used to. Wired brains don't really do grammar and sentence construction all that well.

^True, you want to be careful that your paper doesn't sound like it was written by somebody on speed.

So I know this is not my thread but I have a question since I can't figure out how to post.
My friend last night got 30mg an snorted it at 10 or 11pm he said. He then felt energize and started cleaning my house and wouldn't shut up. Then around 5am I got tired and went to bed because I was tired and I could stay up with him. So when I went to bed I finally got him to lay on the couch. Well I fell asleep and woke up around 9am and seen that he was up and smoking a cigarette i asked how he felt and told him what he was doing. And he said ya I know and apologized for it. But then he told me that he still feels a little hyper and his heart is pounding I just wanting to know if this is normal or should I take him to the hospital. Because he told me that the Adderal should of worn off by now but he feels like it hasn't.

So I know this is not my thread but I have a question since I can't figure out how to post.
My friend last night got 30mg an snorted it at 10 or 11pm he said. He then felt energize and started cleaning my house and wouldn't shut up. Then around 5am I got tired and went to bed because I was tired and I could stay up with him. So when I went to bed I finally got him to lay on the couch. Well I fell asleep and woke up around 9am and seen that he was up and smoking a cigarette i asked how he felt and told him what he was doing. And he said ya I know and apologized for it. But then he told me that he still feels a little hyper and his heart is pounding I just wanting to know if this is normal or should I take him to the hospital. Because he told me that the Adderal should of worn off by now but he feels like it hasn't.

Those are completely normal side effects for a somewhat large dose like that. They last a long time, the side effects. The 30mg pills are made for people who have been taking it daily for years or at least should be (assuming its 30mg IR). Amphetamine is potent shit but it's generally a very safe drug & it'd take an absurd amount for it to kill a healthy person; it has lots of unpleasent side effects though especially when u get past 20mg.

By the way, dont ask if we think a person should go to a hospital. We don't know. In my experience & opinion forcing someone to go to the hospital can make an overdose worse unless they aren't capable of making the decision. The added stress can be the final straw that breaks the camels back.

Last edited:
Thanks and sorry for that I just didn't know if it was normal or not..and he was just winging out because his heart was pounding and he still felt hyper. He said that it has never done that after taking adderal. But I just didn't know what to do...and I forgot that I'm not aloud to ask questions like that. But anyway sorry for posting on this thread which is not mine, it when I was making a new thread it wouldn't working and it was wanting a thread prefix but I'll figure it out. Thanks everyone