• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc how to trip on nutmeg

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
i am a cook and recently purchased whole nutmegs and ive heard you can trip or get high on them. was wondering if anyone has any experience with nutmeg and how would i prepare them to get the full effect of them and how much would i need?? i have about 6 whole nutmegs please help me out thanks

You would be better off shoving dull needles in your eyes than trying to get high on nutmeg, do a quick Google search of how awful it is

Hardly. Although a lot of people describe it as unpleasant you can't really tell beforehand. And believe it or not some people do actually like it.(!)

I'd stick to crushing and consuming one to two nuts your first time (less than 10g fresh whole nutmeg) and waiting 4-6 hours before adjusting your dose if needed.

Here's a thread from PD with a lot more juicy info.

Hey man... I've done it. I've been there, when there is NOTHING else to do. I did this in treatment center 3yrs ago.

Me and my friend splkit a large jar of McCormick's nutmeg in two baggires. You just gotta toss and wash, man. Pour a bunch of powder in your mouth then chug out of a water bottle. They won't mix. It'll be tough! It took me a few hours to choke it all down because it was so nasty.

I have no idea, no recollection, as to how long it takes to feel but i recall it being intense and lengthy in duration. The high was felt into the next day. Almost felt like a stronger more psychedelic weed high. (Plus stomach ache)

... But I'd never do it again. Lol

Last edited:
How to cook nutmeg to get high:

1) Take whole nutmegs
2) Throw in trash
3) Do anything else

There are about 16 zillion trip reports on nutmeg, 10 of which are second+ trip reports. The stuff isnt fun at all. You arent missing anything by not having the 'nutmeg experience'.

I tried nutmeg in highschool.

I had gotten into trouble and my parents started drug testing me, so I was looking into "legal" ways to get high. I stumbled across trip reports of people getting messed up on nutmeg online, so I figured why the fuck not?

I proceeded to go in my mother's pantry to swipe a jar of ground nutmeg, and quietly snuck back up to my room. The first thing you'll notice right off the bat, is how awful it tastes to eat large amounts of nutmeg. Like It's seriously terrible. I engulfed 3 large spoon fulls of that foul disgusting shit and washed it down with milk. Then I waited. This was around 1am, and I didn't feel anything after two hours so I concluded it was bullshit and went to sleep.

Boy was I fucking wrong.

I woke up that morning and immediately had a panic attack. I was so fucked out of my mind. It wasnt a pleasant intoxication either, more akin to being poisoned. I couldn't walk straight, I was slurring my words. The whole world around me seemed like an alien universe and I had to be at school in an hour. I avoided my parents and walked to school.

The "high" kept climbing getting stronger and stronger. When I got to class everyone around me could tell I was fucked out of my skull and kept questioning me. I went to the bathroom and looked at my eyes, and I swear to God there was not one speck of white. My eyes were so red you would think I was Satan.

I proceeded back to my class, wishing I brought some damn eye drops, and when I got to my desk I started to realize how bad my stomach was hurting. It kept getting worst, as if my internal organs were shutting down and I was dying in my first period History class. Lol.

I made it to second period, where I proceeded to projectile vomit all over the girl in front of me shortly after the bell rang. Everyone was just staring for a second, and then she started screaming and threatening me. I was so messed up at this point. I didn't even understand what was going on. So I picked up my bag, and just walked out of school. Lol. I got suspended and what not, and my parents were super pissed.

Nutmeg is not a fun drug. It takes sooooo long to hit you It's ridiculous. And when it does hit you, it lasts so fucking long and the whole time you just want it to be over. I would not recommend it. Seriously, anything's better. Go buy some cough syrup or something.

I've tried this several times and only had the nutmeg work like once.
Actually enjoyed myself though. Felt super stoned for like a day. Whatever though, I mean that is a lot of stuff to consume.

yeah i, too, did this once in high school - i was 14 years old and had probably smoked pot about all of a dozen times. i had no idea what i was in for....

apparently there is a way one can isolate various general alkaloids from this using a simple acid base pull, but i will never try this again in my entire life. the nausea, vertigo, and overall misery of the experience was on par with the flu and alcohol/opiate sickness combined, and it lasted all night.

that being said, there was a solid euphoric body high associated with the experience that i would not deny. but jacking off feels good, too...

Oh please, most of these people don't have any clue what they are taking about. Nutmeg can be great. Even better than weed and lasts the whole day. I can get real drugs and always have been able to. Don't act like it's shit unless you have done it. It's one of the best legal highs out there. OP, look into nutmeg essential oil on amazon just don't take too much.

Oh please, most of these people don't have any clue what they are taking about. Nutmeg can be great. Even better than weed and lasts the whole day. I can get real drugs and always have been able to. Don't act like it's shit unless you have done it. It's one of the best legal highs out there. OP, look into nutmeg essential oil on amazon just don't take too much.

I'm going to have to disagree on this lol nutmeg is a shitty legal high.

did this in highschool..... mixed a whole bottle of mccormicks into orange juice and choked it down over the course of a half hour. 2-3 hours later didn't really feel anything so went to bed. woke up 3 hours later and immediately started violently puking all over my room. what it felt like was similar to what you would feel like if you drank a liter of whiskey then skipped the fun part and went straight to the hangover. it is like the worst possible hangover you can imagine with your vision a blurry mess. pouring sweat the whole time thinking "why did i do this?"... the regret alone made me cry for the first time since i was a little kid. i felt like i had been poisoned and was on the verge of death. it was the most terrible experience of my life, and i have done dozens of different drugs dude. like i said - the regret alone brought me to tears! nutmeg is something i would only recommend to my worst enemy. it is not worth the risk. since this is a harm reduction forum i wont say you would have a better time huffing gasoline...but......yeah.