• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to transition between subs & oxy

Asfartas49

Greenlighter
I've been on subs for months, but pulled my back out. Yesterday i stupidly took an oxy (20mg) at around 2pm (usually take subs at night). Shocker, didn't feel much. The next day however, felt like a minor withdrawal.
Today I took an oxy (40mg) and felt it a bit more, but now I'm wondering if I can take my sub without slipping into the horror of precipitated withdrawal.

Since the sub is still in my system (32 hour half life right?) can I still take my sub now, or will I get sick? Should I wait 24 hours after taking the damn oxy?

To summarize: Been on subs for months. Took one day before yesterday. Took oxy yesterday. Took oxy today. Can I take a sub now, or will I get sick?

Need help with suboxone oxy issue, new member

I've been on subs for months, but pulled my back out. Yesterday i stupidly took an oxy (20mg) at around 2pm (usually take subs at night). Shocker, didn't feel much. The next day however, felt like a minor withdrawal.
Today I took an oxy (40mg) and felt it a bit more, but now I'm wondering if I can take my sub without slipping into the horror of precipitated withdrawal.

Since the sub is still in my system (32 hour half life right?) can I still take my sub now, or will I get sick? Should I wait 24 hours after taking the damn oxy?

To summarize: Been on subs for months. Took one two days ago. Yesterday, took sub and then oxy (20mg). Today, took 40mg oxy. Can I still take my sub since its still in my system? Or will I get sick

Sorry, my phones really freaking out. I fixed the double (triple...) post. Not sure how I did that, maybe refreshing causes it.

Man I will say this. Stay away from the subs. I've been detoxing now for 14 days and the first 7 were a nightmare. I jumped off at 2mg a day for a year solid on those evil things.

Stay hydrated and bear down and get through the first week. I read a ton on sites like this and can tell you straight up the ONLY way to bust the addiction is time.

Best of luck

I mean, once I get back to regular (2mg sub a day) I'm going half, then half, etc.

But I'm just worried about this little slip up. Oxy is not my doc, I did take it for pain relief. I'm just worried I'm going to be in withdrawals at work.

I know subs are evil. I can't think straight on them, and my digestive system is more slow than a sloth chasing a slug. But its keeping me away from H, and that's all I can hope for.

Wait, how long does it take to actually get off subs entirely? Is the damn withdrawals an entire month? Isn't H better? Like a week.

To be safe, and to help to buprenorphine work a bit better, wait 12-24hrs after your last dose of oxycodone before taking it.

If one doesn't have any comfort meds and doesn't taper the acute withdrawal from buprenorphine can last a very uncomfortable two weeks, with symptoms lingering for some time after. With the correct comfort meds (gabapentin, diazepam, clonidine, loperamide) and a slow taper coming off buprenorphine isn't bad at all, and nothing as bad as the aforementioned situation.

I never had issues switching back and forth between full agonists and buprenorphine when I was taking it, but I never used buprenorphine following oxyocodone that same day. If you wait for 12-24hrs before taking buprenorphine you'll be fine.

wait 24 hours to take Sub and wait 24 hours to take any drug so the sub will stop working UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN ON SUBS FOR MONTHS AND TAKING A LOT OF THEM EVERYDAY THEN I WOULD WAIT 48-72 HOURS ..I just took an 8 MG Sub like 10 minutes ago...now if I was to go get high tomorrow I wouldn't use until 24 hours from now get me?? hope this helps

I have to chime in here, 2 mg is WAY too high to try to jump from...I tried and failed. You have to do a long slow taper down to basically nothing. I jumped at a tiny crumb of a 2mg subutex pill, like I mean not even a grain of sand and had no withdrawals. Also don't make 50% cuts to your dose when tapering, make it 25% at the most

still having sub in your system makes it easier to switch back to sub from oxy....because youre sort of switching from sub + oxy to sub. its easier than switching from having ONLY oxy in your system to sub. I would still wait as long as possible to dose sub though

I jumped from about 0.05 mg of sub and it was still rough, i would taper down to this level .

Getting off something like buprenorphine is all about the comfort meds, rest and nourishment during the acute detox and then behavioral/lifestyle support and stuff following that. Tapering is very important, but comfort meds are a no less significant ally in the process.