• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How to test Xanax pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theyoyoman

Greenlighter
I just picked up some xanax for the first time mainly to help in case of a bad psychedelic trip. Is there a way to know if they are real or not?

Quickest way is to google image search the pill by entering the color, shape, and pharmaceutical stamp. You should find a matching image pretty quickly if your pills are indeed alprazolam. Look closely at things like the texture of the pill, the font/spacing of the stamp, etc. They should match exactly. If anything is off, there's a very good chance it's fake, especially with something as popular as xanax. Still doesn't rule out the chance of a really good fake though, and as far as I know there aren't any reagent tests for benzos, so then it comes down to how much you trust your source.

Quickest way is to google image search the pill by entering the color, shape, and pharmaceutical stamp. You should find a matching image pretty quickly if your pills are indeed alprazolam. Look closely at things like the texture of the pill, the font/spacing of the stamp, etc. They should match exactly. If anything is off, there's a very good chance it's fake, especially with something as popular as xanax. Still doesn't rule out the chance of a really good fake though, and as far as I know there aren't any reagent tests for benzos, so then it comes down to how much you trust your source.
Hmm yeah I've googled it, the problem is I think even the real ones have variations of appearance. If I were to test dose like .5mg, how would I tell it's real or not based on the effects?

Well that's a pretty low dose, so there's a chance you'd feel nothing. The same thing could happen if it's a fake, so I don't think that would help you much. In my experience with pharms, there is barely any variation in appearance. Color may be different due to your screen and variations in photographs, but the stamp should look exactly the same and so should the texture. If either of these are off, something probably isn't right.

You could always get a bunch of different reagent test kits and rule out what it isn't, but you still wouldn't be able to get a definite answer as to what it is. If you use psychedelics it's not a bad idea to have them on hand anyway, if you don't already. Just wondering-is there any particular reason why you're unsure about the authenticity of your pills?

Well that's a pretty low dose, so there's a chance you'd feel nothing. The same thing could happen if it's a fake, so I don't think that would help you much. In my experience with pharms, there is barely any variation in appearance. Color may be different due to your screen and variations in photographs, but the stamp should look exactly the same and so should the texture. If either of these are off, something probably isn't right.

You could always get a bunch of different reagent test kits and rule out what it isn't, but you still wouldn't be able to get a definite answer as to what it is. If you use psychedelics it's not a bad idea to have them on hand anyway, if you don't already. Just wondering-is there any particular reason why you're unsure about the authenticity of your pills?
Oh I've been told .5-1mg would be the standard beginner dose. 1mg then? It's a gg249 I've heard these are stronger than usual? No particular reason why I'm suspicious I'm just always cautious of everything I get. I usually reagent test everything.

Only a lab test will give certainty.
There are fake Xanax pills out there with fentanyl instead of alprazolam and they look just like the real ones.

It's a pretty standard therapeutic dose for anxiety but if you don't have anxiety, it's unlikely that you'll feel much. 1mg should be enough to feel something though. Benzos are kind of annoying though in that sometimes it takes a near blackout dose to really feel much. Not everyone reacts to benzos that way but a lot of people (myself included) do. gg249 is 2mg so yeah, it's on the stronger side, but nothing too crazy. That'd actually be my ideal dose to have for tripping if I didn't have a tolerance now. And it's never a bad thing to be cautious. :) I've heard of fake xanax bars containing fentanyl, it doesn't seem to be a common thing at all, but it might be worth getting a test that detects opioids just in case. But another thing to keep in mind is that fakes are usually modelled after the most popular/well known iteration of whichever drug they're being sold as, so in the case of xanax it'd probably be the classic white bar that literally just says xanax on it. It's not always the case, but a lot of people want a recognizable pill, so clandestine drug makers cater to that. If everything checks out and there are no signs of the pills being fake, they're probably not. Only way to be 100% sure is to have them tested in a lab though.

GG249 is the most counterfeit alprazolam bar so I doubt that you have got a real one in your hands if you didn't get it from a pharmacy.

Anyhow easiest way to test if it is alprazolam is to taste a small amount of it if you are familiar how alprazolam tastes. It has very strong taste which you can't forget. Changes are that it contains fentanyl instead which is dangerous as you can't know how much of it there is. Also the amount of alprazolam varies greatly with fake bars.

why not take a .5mg dose, wait a few hours and then take a drug test. You can get dip tests at any pharmacy right off the shelf.

if its fent, or some other analogue it will come up positive for opiates.

if its alprazolam it will come up positve for benzos.

^Fentanyl normally doesn't come up as opioid, because you need a special test for it
And what if the OP got fake ones with say 5mg phenazepam? This will come up as benzo too but it's way too high of a dose.

Only a lab test will really tell you, what you have!

If it white and says XANAX on one side, and 2 on the other, I'll tell you right now they're fake, and probably contain phenazepam. I used to get those all the time. The 249's are hit and miss, but honestly I could always tell by the taste because I take alprazolam sublingually. Alprazolam has a really distinctive taste (although the ones containing phenazepam or some other benzo kind of tasted similarly). However, if you've never tasted xanax before that won't help either, but it tastes really bitter, but it does not sting. Anyway, we can't really do substance ID's on here as it's pretty irresponsible, for instance, if we convince you that it's xanax and then it turns out to be fentanyl and you die, that'd be fucked up. So I got to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.