• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

How to test Xanax bar

TrapZeppelin

Bluelighter
Do I just drop a piece in water and test with a kit from the drug store?
It’s a green bar , one blank side, other side is scored with imprints S 90 3

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that Trap. Hopefully someone will come on that can give you an accurate answer. I've never done it, so I don't want to give you wrong info. I would actually think a small piece though

by test kit from drug store, what do you mean exactly? The urine drug test kits? I'm pretty sure those test for the metabolites you body excretes out through urine, after it has broken down the original drug. But even if it did work, it won't tell you if you have alprazolam or another benzodiazepine.

I would think you'd need marquis or some type of reagent testing, but I'm only speculative at best. Although now that I am curious and have nothing else planned, I might look further into it. Will report back if I find anything useful.

Edit: So, not sure if marquis is the reagent you need, but I am under the impression that there will be one out there that suits your needs. Check the wiki article on Reagent Testing, it has a nice list of the different reagents and the known reactions with various drugs. No benzos on there, but they do link to Dancesafe(wiki article) who supposedly distributes the test kits for free. I would think contacting them would give you a pretty good lead on info at least.

Pill report on alprazolam powder that shows 3 different reagent reactions.

Edit2: Apparently alprazolam doesn't react with marquis, meckle, or mandelin.
Test kit for benzos - I have no idea about the reliability.
Another test kit for benzos, but says not for alprazolam. - you could theoretically use this to determine if it's another known benzo instead of alprazolam though.

Final Edit: Here is a much more informative BL thread about the topic.

Last edited:
by test kit from drug store, what do you mean exactly? The urine drug test kits? I'm pretty sure those test for the metabolites you body excretes out through urine, after it has broken down the original drug. But even if it did work, it won't tell you if you have alprazolam or another benzodiazepine.

I would think you'd need marquis or some type of reagent testing, but I'm only speculative at best. Although now that I am curious and have nothing else planned, I might look further into it. Will report back if I find anything useful.

Edit: So, not sure if marquis is the reagent you need, but I am under the impression that there will be one out there that suits your needs. Check the wiki article on Reagent Testing, it has a nice list of the different reagents and the known reactions with various drugs. No benzos on there, but they do link to Dancesafe(wiki article) who supposedly distributes the test kits for free. I would think contacting them would give you a pretty good lead on info at least.

Another test kit for benzos, but says not for alprazolam. - you could theoretically use this to determine if it's another known benzo instead of alprazolam though.

Wow so I was totally uninformed in thinking I could use a Walgreens test lol. I thought those tested for the drug and the metabolite, oops!
Looks like I have some reading to do. The bars going around have something with sedative properties in them but I just don’t know what. It does not feel exactly the same nor does it taste the same as Xanax. I’m really just curious what is in these things. So obviously I need a better test than Walgreens. I will be reading more later today. Thank you for your help and time!!

So you can do a couple different benzo tests, like the ones I posted, and then some other reagent testing like marquis, and that should tell you if and what benzo it contains, and if there are other potential contaminants. The benzo test is pretty self-explanatory, as it should cause a direct reaction. Then you use a reagent that shouldn't get a reaction, so with alprazolam, marquis shouldn't react and if it does, you have other stuff in it.

It looks like dancesafe ships free but the tests are affordable. Under $50... I’m editing my comment as I gather info lol

This website does not appear to be in business any longer. The link to PayPal is broken https://cgibin.wixsite.com/usdto/shop

Same goes for this site https://detect-kit.com/are-xanax-being-used-as-chemical-weapon/

Update: this website appears current https://elevationchemicals.com/coll...cts/marquis-reagent-testing-kit#mobile-widget

Last edited:
It looks like dancesafe ships free but the tests are affordable. Under $50... I’m editing my comment as I gather info lol

This website does not appear to be in business any longer. The link to PayPal is broken https://cgibin.wixsite.com/usdto/shop

Same goes for this site https://detect-kit.com/are-xanax-being-used-as-chemical-weapon/

Update: this website appears current https://elevationchemicals.com/coll...cts/marquis-reagent-testing-kit#mobile-widget
Good work, let me know how things go if you end up trying one of the test kits. I wish I was more aware when I was going through close to 100 bars a week, but I also had a pretty reliable source at the time. The kits look pretty affordable with all things considered.

Wow so I was totally uninformed in thinking I could use a Walgreens test lol. I thought those tested for the drug and the metabolite, oops!
Looks like I have some reading to do. The bars going around have something with sedative properties in them but I just don’t know what. It does not feel exactly the same nor does it taste the same as Xanax. I’m really just curious what is in these things. So obviously I need a better test than Walgreens. I will be reading more later today. Thank you for your help and time!!
Yeah in Philadelphia a lot of fake bars under the el so the s 90 3 bars that are green have been beat lately it sucks cause they look identical to real ones I only get footballs or 1 bar taste it cause you can’t fake that taste of Xanax is how I been telling as of lately

Where I am 99.9% of the bars on the street are counterfeit presses. They will test positive for a benzo though since almost all of them are cheap Chinese benzo analogs like etizolam or flualprazolam

Blistered Ksalols, blistered footballs and blistered bars.

Not taking chances on anything else.

Maybe the government should look at a war on xanax bars. more legit bars, cheaper, or more expensive, less deaths with laced with Fentanyl.
just a thought. I see those Ksalols on the DM but when I recieve them they are loosely packeged in a baggie. Where's Alpraking?
and it seems if you want to be really safe you have to send a sample overseas which costs a fortune but what's worth it? Life or death?
I guess I will save and get Alprazolam tested then turn around to the dealer and say this wasn't Alprazolam I got it tested.

I always use fentanyl test strips from DanceSafe. They're super cheap. They come with instructions but you basically just crush the pill and mix it with a small amount of water. Then dip the stick and wait.

I don't know much about testing for specific benzos. I recently acquired some pressed Xanax bars. They didn't test positive for fent which was my biggest concern. Definitely felt like Xanax. That's all I really cared about lol