• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to tell when someone is on Meth?

Pouncey

Greenlighter
Recently my brother had started smoking meth. He has a wife and a daughter, and I am the only one that knows. I think he got paranoid thinking that I was going to tell Heather (His wife) and told me that he crushed his pipe. But when I went to his house a few days ago I saw a few tiny red dots on his bicep, You know, where you usually get Flu shots. What I want to know is, can you inject meth into your upper arm?

I already know how he acts when he's on meth, pacing around the room and shit.

If you inject meth into your skin, does it have to be in a vein or just in the muscle? Cause the red dots were scattered and not in any certain place. May just be random red dots for all I know.

I'm confused by your title, as you say you already know how he acts when tweaked out, but typically a meth user under the influence will have large dilated pupils, eyes wide open, awake at odd hours of the night, be very social, act fidgety, may be sweating a bit, pick at their skin leaving scabs, and sometimes act a little paranoid. However, some do a good jobat hiding the fact that they're high so it might get a little tricky to spot one out. The majority of meth users inject it's into a vein but it is also possible to inject it intramuscularly (in the muscle)... though I doubt many actually IM meth, could be wrong.

People will do whatever the hell they want to do. The one time I was unfortunate enough to be around someone who injected meth without any HR practice at all fell on the bed, said he couldn't see, questioned why he did it, and then got up and kept tweaking on. Not a memory I am happy to have.

Have you asked him?

Nicely? Calmly?

Try get him to open up about it.

Prosecute and you'll never know the truth....

He's your brother, try support the bloke, it's likely he's ashamed of his use.

Constant prosecution caused me to constantly use.