• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to tell the differnece between dope and fentanyl?

chief ten beers

Bluelighter
Can one tell at a glance whether the product is dope or fentalyl? The other day I was offered something but it was white and of a different consistency then the brown I'm used to seeing. I was a little nervous about using it, so can someone tell me what a fentanyl bag looks like? I know what dope is supposed to look like but how can you tell you've got fentanyl instead of dope? Thanks

Sorry, but this is pretty much substance identification, which is against the rules.

And afaik there's no way to tell wether it's fent or heroin without a proper lab test. It could be heroin, or an inert substance laced with fent and this could still kill you as fentanyl is extremely potent

This probably won't help, but the rush alone I can tell if it's heroin or fentanyl. With heroin, I can taste the rush all in my sinuses after I IV it, fentanyl for not provide this

Its not exactly against the rules to ask but answering it specifically and exactly correct is impossible.

Sorry about that, didn't realize it was against the rules to ask this question.

it's not that asking this is a bad thing, its just that we simply cannot offer you an answer.
that's whats so dangerous about playing with opiates, you never really know what you're getting - even with the pharmas but especially the street powders.

You can't know for sure without sending to a lab to have it tested which is unrealistic for most people. That's why you should take a test dose--its a good idea to assume your dope might be cut with fent. You might save your own life one day with a test dosw

I agree! I always fentanyl was a shit drug that is not even euphoric ! I have IV ed it, smoked it, and was not happy and I never I understood why people were in love with spending hundreds of dollars smoking patches , claiming they got so high.
Why are people so In love with it when for me, it gives no euphoria or warm glow!?! Is placebo this powerful?

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't anyway of you knowing unless you try it. Please be careful and whatever you do try a small amount of whatever you buy before doing it or don't any drugs at all. I just lost my husband, he died from an accidental overdose from fentenal he thought was H. Please be careful I can't stress this enough. Your playing with the devils candy

Why are people so In love with it when for me, it gives no euphoria or warm glow!?! Is placebo this powerful?

ymmv friend, i don't think placebo has anythign to do with it though (it being the powerful surgical anesthetic it is).
There isn't anyway of you knowing unless you try it. Please be careful and whatever you do try a small amount of whatever you buy before doing it or don't any drugs at all. I just lost my husband, he died from an accidental overdose from fentenal he thought was H. Please be careful I can't stress this enough. Your playing with the devils candy

i'm so terribly sorry to hear about your husband captainz. i myself nearly died from the exact same scenario - fentanyl laced heroin - i received permanent brain damage from overdose induced hypoxia, spent around 25 weeks in hospital (the first one in a coma) and had to learn to walk again. fentanyl is a plague.
if you haven't already i suggest you check out our Recovery Support section if you need others to talk to, many who have been through overdose and loss due to drugs.

once again, my sympathies for you loss.

Thank you keeping, I really appreciate it. But honestly even if my husband didn't pass away I still strongly suggest not doing H/ fentenal. I've always been a little party monster who has consumed many drugs threw out the years and known a lot of people who are just like me. I have only known or known of a few people who would use H and they are all dead now.