• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to tell if suffering from a cold or minor wds

Skorpio

Sr. Moderator: N&PD, S&T
Staff member
This is most likely a dumb question.

I went home yesterday (we have a strict illness policy due to covid), because I was sneezy, tired, crappy feeling and had a runny nose. After both an antigen and ice test, I am sure I don't have covid. I ate a kpin and some soup and slept pretty much all day yesterday.

Waking up today, still feeling crappy, but feeling a little better, I am wondering whether I have a cold or something (have been staying up late recently plus traveling/venturing into the world quite a bit), or if I am experiencing mild opioid withdrawal.

I have been on a kratom run since the 15th taking 1 bottle of opms liquid after work.

Could this be the cause of why I feel crappy? I have had run ins with withdrawal once or twice in like the past 4 years, and I usually notice GI effects and more mental issues. I certainly don't have any restless leg symptoms. CCould I have blocked those out somehow with the klonopin?

Anyway thanks for answering this question.

Edit: will taking an opioid halt or suppress the symptoms of a cold (especially runny nose and sneezing)? If not I feel like that would give a fairly good indication of what is going on, as those issues are more physical and therefore less sensitive to the placebo effect.

Last edited:
will taking an opioid halt or suppress the symptoms of a cold
Maybe.
Have ya been tested for anything? I would suggest a test for covid, flu etc.
WD are very much to me like a feverishness (opioids) but kratom is not that serious with wds unless on super-dose regimen.
Just throwin that out there and hoping for the best for you and yours.
Peace

edit:
and this
This is most likely a dumb question.

There are none imo

Maybe.
Have ya been tested for anything? I would suggest a test for covid, flu etc.
WD are very much to me like a feverishness (opioids) but kratom is not that serious with wds unless on super-dose regimen.
Just throwin that out there and hoping for the best for you and yours.
Peace

edit:
and this

There are none imo
No covid as shown by pcr or antigen, feels like a bad cold bonestly. Feels less achey than flu, mainly tired and runny nose and stuff.

Might go in and try one and see if my runny nose clears up, if so I'll plan a proper quit.

@Skorpio yup sounds like it could be kratom withdrawal to me

kratom withdrawal really mimics a bad common cold in a lot of ways

fatigue, runny nose, headache/bodyaches, general discomfort shittiness

it usually starts after around 20-24 hrs from last dose

Thanks, was suspecting that but kind of needed to hear it from somewhere else.

On a side note, I was given a bunch of kpins, and I'm about the 2 week mark of nightly 1 mg (never been benzo dependent). Should I like stop or taper or something? Been really bad with setting limits with my drug use recently (been taking the kratom because I so rarely take benzos, the combo enticed me). I'm like 24 hours off my last kpin dose and feel no real anxiety or restlestness (I was able to nap today just fine), at what point will I begin to feel issues, and how many days off do i need to detect rebound anxiety?

Kratom WD ALWAYS makes me yawn a lot and make my eyes watery.
Sneezing and having a runny nose doesn't sound like (mild) kratom withdrawal to me.
Edit: also doesn't seem like you've been doing it long enough to experience significant WD symptoms, but since you've been taking OPMS extracts it might actually be WD (those are pretty different from traditional kratom powder).

Last edited: