• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How to stay well/ high 24/7 on Sub*

Hazzel

Greenlighter
( We don't SWIM here!)So I get bup renorphine to use pretty much as much as I want. But because of the ceiling-effect if you take too much you don't feel anything anymore. Have you managed to stay high daytime? What doses are you using? I am using 10+mg/day now to stay off of withdrawal effects, I used to feel effects of doses up to 4mg but anything above that pretty much hits the ceiling 24/7.I am curious about how much other people use in order to feel a slight buzz of this med 24/7? I would like to keep the dose as close to the ceiling as possible but still feel a buzz/be able to boost with 0.5-1mg to get a boost/buzz. SWIM haven't experienced with this yet but will try soon. Please also report ROA (I use s ublingual because of destroyed nose and no IV).I was thinking of maybe dropping to ~3mg/day and then boost with another 1mg when I want to get a little buzz. Any other comments on this method? What's your best methods and how does it work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol you gonna learn today, SWIM.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Honeymoon period is over Mr. Swim.! Once you've been on bupe for a few months you don't really get a buzz. Unless you go down to a low dose of 4mg for about a week or more then dose to about 24mg. That is the only way I can get a buzz off bupe. You can get some good synergy by mixing other drugs like benydril, benzos, Adderall, just to name a few.

IDK if this is still the prevailing theory but last I was researching suboxone LESS would actually produce a better high. (the best highs somewhere in the 2-4 mg a day range, again by memory) Larger doses tend to have more blocking effect whether you are near the ceiling or not. Something to do with norbuprenorphine being the metabolite that causes the mu agonism and in higher doses this metabolite is blocked out by the buprenorphine itself before metabolization?...also benzos, alcohol, lyrica, Neurontin, Benadryl, basically anything that is a CNS depressant will have not a potentiating effect but a symbiotic buzz which will make it feel like your suboxone is stronger. (Warning THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND IS HOW ALMOST ALL SUBOXONE OD'S HAPPEN) also a little bit of 151, like a ML under the tongue once your dose is almost dissolved I believe showed almost a 15% increase in bioavailability. DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCES THIS IS ALL FROM MEMORY AND FEEL FREE TO TEAR ANY FACTUAL ERRORS I MADE APART, I WARN YOU NOW, THERE MAY BE ERRORS IN THIS POST>.?.ALWAYS< ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH that isn't other ppl discussing there research. As far as staying high 24/7 I think we both know that was too good of a thought to be true. Done right you can catch about an hour buzz in the morning where it feels like your heading to some opiate plateau that you never quite reach, but its satisfying enough if you have been in a low enough valley.

Not much knowledge around this? I guess so. But someone out there's gotta have the best answer ;)

How do you, who use buprenorphine every day, dose in order to get the best feeling? The higher the dose the harder the ceiling afaik. I was thinking of trying 2-4mg/day split on 2times/day to try and get a little more wellfeeling and better analgesic effects. We're all different when it comes to dosing but if you've managed to get a light nice buzz every day, how do you do it best?

Not much knowledge around this? I guess so. But someone out there's gotta have the best answer ;)

How do you, who use buprenorphine every day, dose in order to get the best feeling? The higher the dose the harder the ceiling afaik. I was thinking of trying 2-4mg/day split on 2times/day to try and get a little more wellfeeling and better analgesic effects. We're all different when it comes to dosing but if you've managed to get a light nice buzz every day, how do you do it best?

OpiumKing gave you one of the best answers there is. Taking the same amount of any opioid everyday and all day like you want to will eventually lead to tolerance which will mean you can kiss your buzz goodbye. You can always try going in the 1-2mg range and see if you get a better feeling than your current dosing pattern, as more nor-bupe (full agonist vs bupe which is a partial agonist) will be able to occupy your receptors and potentially creating a better feeling than high dose bupe. But once again, doing this every day/all day will ultimately not work if you want to stay high all the time. Its just impossible to use these drugs and stay feeling good all day without having to constantly raise your dosage. As they say, you cant have your cake and eat it too. Best option is to use them for maintenance (which worked for me, I still felt the uplifting antidepressant effects no matter what dose I took) or save them for occasional use.

OpiumKing gave you one of the best answers there is. Taking the same amount of any opioid everyday and all day like you want to will eventually lead to tolerance which will mean you can kiss your buzz goodbye. You can always try going in the 1-2mg range and see if you get a better feeling than your current dosing pattern, as more nor-bupe (full agonist vs bupe which is a partial agonist) will be able to occupy your receptors and potentially creating a better feeling than high dose bupe. But once again, doing this every day/all day will ultimately not work if you want to stay high all the time. Its just impossible to use these drugs and stay feeling good all day without having to constantly raise your dosage. As they say, you cant have your cake and eat it too. Best option is to use them for maintenance (which worked for me, I still felt the uplifting antidepressant effects no matter what dose I took) or save them for occasional use.
Yes indeed! As i stated i'm curious in experiences, how people have done and what their results have been. Your reply was valuable too! So thx <3

I might aswell contribute myself, to help you guys with the kinds of answers i'm looking for. A friend of mine who's been using Subutex for 5 years now doses twice a day, 8mg first dose of the day, once he starts feeling slight w/d. This gives him the best buzz (according to him), then he takes another 2-4mg before he goes to sleep. I'm sure he'd get better experiences if he'd just have the self-discipline to taper down to lower doses. I'm gonna aim for 2-4mg/day, maybe even less, since that's where i've had the best experiences before, maybe 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the afternoon.

I might've been inexplicit/vague, i'm not looking for answers to a question exactly, i'm curious in your experiences.

I think your friend is feeling the relief of w/ds going away not a genuine mu agonist high as it were. Could be wrong of course. Chasing a high with bupe is very difficult once you've been on maintenance.