• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe how to shoot suboxone strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
I'm a long time IV heroin user and have been battling addiction for for years. I am on day 3 clean of a 3 week long heroin binge im not feeling any withdrawl symptoms at all because ive been taking 2mg of suboxone every day. So to be honest i just wanna catch a buzz and really probably miss shooting up as morbid as that sounds. if i shot up 4 or 8 mgs of suboxone would i feel it? i heard if u shoot up subs it throws you into withdrawls is that true? i have the suboxone strips what would be the best way to shoot them up? thank you for helping

FIRST, make sure you haven't taken any other opiates in the last 24 hours(heroin,oxycodone,morphine,etc..) The each 1mg inected equals 4mg under the tounge. So really there is no need to do over 2mg at a time. You will notice if you do it this way you will have to redose after 12 hours or a little more. Use 60-70 units of water( I use kinda hot water, which is probly a no no, but it makes the strip dissolve in 5 mins or so, and kinda shake it around in the spoon, it helps it break down quicker) Get cotton draw up. If it looks cloudy draw up again..this has always been my method and I have never have any problems when i was doing it this way. Best to have a micron filter for sure, but a lot of us do not. Now when I say hot water I don't mean boilin or a lighter under the spoon(big no no). Just turn the hot part of the fosset on, and use the hot water from there, though it's probly better to use cold water, but I'm inpatient. After it dissovles just draw up through cotton once or twice, there ya go. But Definately no reason to go over 2mg, I rarely go over 1mg when done this way, usually a little less than 1mg..Bupe is 32x stronger than morphine, though it may not feel like it.

Plus with subs, the more you do the less buzz you'll actually feel. You want to keep your intake around 2 mg or less if you want it to act as a full agonist. If you don't take more than that you leave receptors available for norbuprenorphine (metabolite of bupe that acts like full agonist)

So, with bupe, though it goes against the "take more take more" mindset drug users have, less will actually get you higher. That's why you hear with bupe less is always more

and doctors in other countries use Buprenex (IV Bupe') for analgesia @ 1/3 of a mg.
so 2 mgs IV'd is 6 x the amount of 1 prepared shot...even w/ some Doctors saying 4 x 8 mgs of sublingual Bupe' is the ceiling dose (which sounds ridiculous) would convert to 1 & 1/3 mgs IV'd.

Edit: or not...just realized my fucked up math

Last edited:
if i shot up 4 or 8 mgs of suboxone would i feel it?

Honestly, probably not. At least, not in any meaningful/rushy type of way, I you'll probably feel something, but it won't be anything special.

i heard if u shoot up subs it throws you into withdrawls is that true?

Definitely not true. It's not unfounded, but it's not true.

As far as injecting shit goes, suboxone film is somewhere on the higher end of the spectrum of 'risky' - there are some true horror stories out there, loss of limbs and what not. Ultimately, for a shitty buzz, it's not worth it.

try and get the tabs bro strips suck shooting with

just a quick tip If possible shoot tabs I highly suggest it even for a hardened junkie it was fucked up seeing that thick jello shit go in my arm but all bullshit aside I'll tell ya straight up I did come up with a method to the madness to prevent dealing with plunging for an hour

1) cut the strip(s) into little pieces perferibly into eighths. 2) draw up 90 units. 3) boil the fuck out of it you want it as hot as possible. 4) drop 1 strip piece in and stir it in all the way and repeat this for each of the pieces {dissolves quicker}. 5) when fully dissolved do not heat it at all, and let it sit for 5 minutes at the least to allow sediments to sink and separate {the longer the better}. ITS CRITICAL THE 5th STEP IS FOLLOWED EXACTLY FOR THE CLEANEST POSSIBLE HIT 6) take a pretty large cotton very carefully place it on the side of the water so the cottons just barely touching it so it doesn't clog immediately.

about 20 minutes ago I shot up with tabs instead for the first time I did a whole 8 and the rush was so intense that it caught me off guard to be honest and I'm a little for than seasoned on the matter but what everyone is saying about feeling withdrawals is bullshit and I knew it was it does give you a really fucked up feeling for 5 minutes you get an icy minty sensation all over and it's just the feeling of bupe ripping off naloxone it's not withdrawls its legit in its own category of feeling it's is weird I only find value in the crazy rush I have a tolerance to it so I didn't feel a "high" but man that rush was better than solid rock dope

Last edited:
As far as injecting shit goes, suboxone film is somewhere on the higher end of the spectrum of 'risky' - there are some true horror stories out there, loss of limbs and what not. Ultimately, for a shitty buzz, it's not worth it.

This. You just dont. And 4 or even 8mg IV would be far too much like others have said. Better use the subs to taper down.

I really must insist using a micron filter ESPECIALLY with the strips. These are even more dangerous to shoot than pills because of what they are made of. They can have a thick viscosity when mixed in water and are rough on your veins. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it has already been said, there is no rush the only thing shooting them does is make the onset quicker, even then, it still can take up to 15 minutes.

I have been on suboxone therapeutically for 2 yrs now. When I first started taking it I got really high off of it for the first couple days. I've never taken over 2mgs and am down to .5 now. I had not taken any in 2 days (because I still shoot H) and today I decided I would shoot my .5 dose. I just put it on a spoon with warm water, about the same amt of water I'd use for a dose of H. Let it sit a few mins, stirred it up with the plunger, added a bit larger cotton than for H to it and drew it up and shot it. I used regular cotton and only filtered once. I must say I was impressed with the effects. I never feel anything from my subs anymore but today a few seconds after shooting I got a sweet taste in my mouth, nothing like what subs taste like. After about 10 mins or so I felt a nice buzz, not the high I got when I first started but about half that. I didn't really expect to feel anything. I also had a very bad migraine before I shot and it took it away. Just my experience. Always be careful! Shooting is pretty serious stuff.

Ok, it's been about an hour now since I shot my suboxone and while I still have a buzz I also feel nauseous and shaky. I definitely feel like I could have taken less!

Ok, it's been about an hour now since I shot my suboxone and while I still have a buzz I also feel nauseous and shaky. I definitely feel like I could have taken less!

Intrarectal/plugging is a far safer ROA (BA% = a solid conclusion of studies of 54%) and has a fast onset somewhere between IV and insufflation (snorted/railed); duration between oral and insufflated ROA's, with a more "full-agonist (e.g. morphine or methadone) warmth and glow" said by a member on an older thread on the topic of intrarectal buprenorphine. I'm too lazy to look for it now (2mg Xanax coming on) but try the search engine or google if you'd be interested in reading it. I know many have a complex about sticking oral syringes up their butts, but I sure don't for the sake of making more out of my script of Suboxone for BMT and it's positive qualities (glow, energy/motivation, analgesia, and subtle mu-opioid effect/easing cravings for IV heroin/morphine/hydromorph).

I have been using my bupe strips IV lately for the latter shit between whatever the fuck ( .... ) are called, I don't remember haha. I only use it in doses of 0.25-0.3mg when I slam it. As mentioned: Buprenex- 0.3mg liquid solution and Temegesic- 0.2mg tabets for mild to moderate pain for peak analgesic doses.

DO NOT SHOOT YOUR STRIPS. I read this exact post 4 hours ago & thought that it seemed like some people have had luck with it & decided to try it. I cut a piece of the strip probably 1/8 of it, left it in my spoon to disolve while I took a shower & it dissolved perfect. Right after I did it I didn?t feel anything for the first minute, tbh I didn?t except to feel anything at all. But then my chest started aching, breathing got really hard, sweat started pouring from my body and when I looked down my hands and arms were bright red. I got up & looked in the mirror and my whole body was bright red. I felt like I was going to die. I had to call 911, I?m literally typing this from a hospital bed like it was the biggest fucking mistake. Just take the strip orally if you absolutely can?t get any dope and need relief from withdrawals. It?s not fucking worth it.

I have the 8mg/2mg Suboxone orange tablets. I have tapered down to 4mg once daily. I tried last night shooting 1/4th a pill (approx. 2mg) and while there was no rush, after approx. 10-15 minutes, I did feel it kick in stronger than normal with strong drowsy affect. (I'm also prescribed 2mg Alprazolam 4x daily as needed which I'm sure attributed.) I ended up doing another 2mg and dosed off to sleep. I woke up early feeling good. I thought about not doing my dose until later in the day since it was physically unnecessary. However, I decided to go ahead and do another 2mg shot. Same affects as previous night, strong drowsiness. It seems to kick in all at once instead of gradually although it still takes about 10-15 minutes.

My method of preparation was the same as H. I used room temperature distilled water. I didn't crush the 1/4th pill from the pill cutter, just let it dissolve on it's own. I then filtered with a cotton ball. While the liquid in the syringe was orange, it was not thick as I would imagine it could become with a strip. It was easy to flick the bubbles to the top. I noticed the longer you leave it in the water in the spoon, stirring occasionally, the less residue left behind. I tried different cotton sizes worrying about clogging. I found that as long as I started from the side, cotton size was equally effective.

* In no way am I condoning this as safe, however it is the equivalent to other pills such as Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Hydromorphone, etc. that I have IV'd. Always use clean needles and never share. Always use alcohol swabs. I believe anything you do that takes a risk, you should minimize such risk as much as you possibly can. *

I will also note, I had no feeling of euphoria, just the feeling of the familiar nod, however I did prefer taking my normal dose this way than waiting for the nasty pill to dissolve. I also didn't get a headache that the strips always have given me for some reason. I was told and read a common reaction to Naloxone was the culprit, which is why my doctor switched me to tablets. The strips also caused me bad constipation. I didn't learn until a year being prescribed Suboxone that you're not supposed to swallow your saliva nor spit it out until the strip/tablet completely dissolves. It made a big difference. Not sure if the IV method will cause constipation. I also noticed that using via IV gives me the munchies like H or Methadone use too. Maybe that's just me.

LucidSDreamr,

I'm legitimately curious as to how you know or where you got this information. I could understand that with the strips, but the tablets are completely water soluble excluding a small amount of filler that does not dissolve. I'm assuming it is a filler that causes this if it's true? I appreciate your response and/or source.

Thanks,
fsociety

Last edited:
I just shot up a third of a 8mg strip.it is only my second time.im not saying anyone should but I don't think it's that bad.i wouldn't do it daily.just let the strip dissolve and hit it up.im thinking I should of did it all.be safe

I just shot up a third of a 8mg strip.it is only my second time.im not saying anyone should but I don't think it's that bad.i wouldn't do it daily.just let the strip dissolve and hit it up.im thinking I should of did it all.be safe

I used to IV the pill form of subs as well as the strips(only doses ranging from 0.1 - 1.0 mgs bc I got a decent light buzz from the norbupe every time. Plus anything larger than that is a waste imo.)
I'm not saying that IV'ing subs is healthy, but there are much worse things to be injecting into your body. You REALLY should use a micron filter though.
But even if you don't use a micron filter you should be fine. I did it TONS of times over a couple years I think and never had any negative side effects.[*This does NOT mean that you won't have negative side effects. For harm reduction purposes you should definitely use a micron filter.*]
Also, I discovered that, at least for me, I could stop taking the subs at any time with no ill effects. This was bc of the tiny doses I was taking. Some people didn't believe me, and maybe you don't either, but that's how it worked for me ?.

It's all about taking advantage of the norbupe. Tiny doses.

Good luck
-jB-

why is this a thread? we have a suboxone/buprenorphine mega thread, an IV buprenorphine thread if I remember correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.