• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How to Separate Buprenorphine from Naloxone

puzzleddaily

Greenlighter
I've tried the method where you crush suboxone, mix with water, then carefully draw up the surface solution (which is not orange and chalky - the naloxone), careful not to let the cotton touch the spoon. And I repeated this, with a clean spoon.

There was definitely a lot of orange chalky stuff left in the two spoons. And I shot it, and I didn't get a rush, but I did get a decent buzz.

I think had I used more suboxone to begin with than what I did (10 mgs), I might have gotten a better buzz.

But is Bupe a terrible things to shoot IV? And is there a way to compare roughly how much of the Bupe you get from this process (depending on the mgs of suboxone) to average heroin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read somewhere that someone's arm fell off from missing a Bupe shot. My arm's fine, and I didn't miss, but is this just another one of those scary drug myths?

Please, everybody, anybody, let me know if you've ever tried it.

Thanks!

It is a horrible thing to shoot, because its a pill. Pills contain binders and fillers such as talc and microcrystalline cellulose than can cause problems all over the body, including building up in the lungs over time and causing an emphysema-like condition.

The whole "arm falling off" thing isn't a myth, tissue necrosis is a real and constant risk when you shoot pills. Bacterial infection, viral infection, etc are all a possibility as well as infected abscesses.

If you're going to shoot pills (which I would strongly urge you NOT to do) you can reduce SOME of the risk by following proper technicques like NEVER cooking pills with heat and ALWAYS using micron filters to filter your shot. These filters can remove a good bit of binders and fillers as well as bacteria from your shot. Use the forum search to find a TON of good threads and information on where to get/how to use micron filters.

If you are shooting Suboxone or any "homemade" solutions for that matter, then I would suggest investing in micron filters as dokomo mentioned.
Here is a link to the thread about micron filtering made by CaptainHeroin (who should be CaptainSuboxone now;)) http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622

It seems that you know that naloxone in the suboxone does not put you into withdrawal when IV'd like the pharm companies had the doctors believing, but are more concerned with the binders in it that may cause loss of circulation in limbs leading to amputation.
It is by no means a "myth" that you may have a limb amputated after shooting pills like suboxone, but that is not likely. The key thing is not waiting too long if there is a problem (abcess, loss of feeling/numbing, bad coloring of skin etc.)

So I have no clue abou separating the two substances, so all that I can say is that it is best to micron filter pills, and it is important for early treatment of any side effects resulting from IV use.

If you're iv'ing subs, the naloxone is the least of your concerns.

We've covered bupe in depth, and more. Start with any of the Suboxone megathreads.

Oh and follow the good advice given above about iv'ing pills.

Thanks for answering everybody.

I've been on Suboxone for over six years, and there's been so much misinformation about this drug that it blows my mind. I've read literature, talked to my doctor and other doctors, pharmacists, and users. It's like nobody can agree on a damn thing. Me and my buddy have both been on it for six years and one day we were talking, surprised to find out that both of our doctor's seemed not to believe our first hand accounts, and to dismiss them even.

This is getting off topic. Sorry.

But I would love to get off, I'd love to be off. I think Suboxone is worse than Heroin. I can write a whole screed about this, but I won't. It's just unfortunate that pharmaceutical companies can't sell Heroin instead.

Anyway, I was having a rough time, and if I had connections I would've relapsed. Instead I tried two methods of separating Suboxone's components before shooting. The solutions I came up with after following each method, didn't produce the desired effect. Which is probably a good thing, because then I'd be tempted to do it all the time.

I'm scatter brained right now, so I apologize if this reply is hard to follow.Thanks for replying, I'm glad there's a place like this.