• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to reduce thebaine in poppy tea?

Supposedly it has to be white grapefruit. I have no idea the phuck why but there's a certain enzyme or something that's not present in red grapefruit where white grapefruit potentiate opiates. I find that it enhances opiates a little bit but it's not going to be mindblowing high just because you've eaten grapefruit with some drugs lol.

I'm ordering some seeds :) I just need something occasionallyy opiates wise. I would really like to not go through seed tea withdrawal praying an anvil falls on my head every second teehee. Mustn't ever drink seed tea daily.

do the seeds work for you? Most seeds you buy from the supermarket are washed I think. If you can get hold of pods it might be better

do the seeds work for you? Most seeds you buy from the supermarket are washed I think. If you can get hold of pods it might be better

Not here yet! But I need some opiates to live. Jk. But it has been pretty flat and grey without them tbh. It's baseline so not terrible.. I'm just very underwhelmed and I imagine it will always be like that.

why would you want to in inhibit the enzyme - doesn't it help turn the pod tea into morphine?

The enzyme CYP2D6 converts codeine into morphine by demethyltion of the 3 position. CYP3A4 breaks down morphine to nor morphine by demethylation of the amine.
Bergamottin and dihydrobergamottin, a flavinoids in white grapefruit juice, primarily inhibit cyp3a4 which reduces the N demethylation.

This isnt to say that metabolism is stopped, as a major route of metabolism is glucuronidation, which is the attachment of a polar sugar derived glucuronic acid to a suitable moeity such as an alcohol. This greatly enhances water solubility and subsequent filtration by the kidneys. This pathway and other conjugation (sulfation, acetylation, and other stuff; there is some overlap because these excretion mechanisms require depletable pools of precursor to conjugate) pathways are key to the metabolism and removal of many drugs.

Oxidation by cyp enzymes primarily serves to add metabolic handles to conjugate things to. Morphine has two wonderful handles (the 3 and 6 position hydroxyl groups) to attach polar groups to, so cyp inhibition will only be so effective.

By the way how do I go about dosing this stuff? The seeds are so varied..

Anyone have a good timeline for determining if it's safe to redose or not? I know the effects peak very delayed so that's a scary element to the tea. People have OD'd from the tea so I know its not to be underestimated. Would someone who makes the tea a lot or did in the past say that the same batch of seeds still has different potency than the bag itself?

If you have some tolerance, try 100 grams at first to be safe, maybe another 100 a couple hours later. If that doesn't do it, start with 150 - 200 next time you try it (stick to the same batch).

If you have a kilo in 10x 100 gram bags for example, pour them all into a large container and shake them up so you're evening the potency out.

Lowest potency I've encountered is 500g doing next to nothing. Strongest I've come across was nodding from 100 grams, waking up on the floor feeling like I'd just beat god at monopoly.

First time I got an effect from seeds was 200g in 500mL water, shaken in a coke bottle, lid slightly unscrewed, water squeezed out, consumed over the course of maybe 90 minutes.

Wasn't expecting much, sat down to smoke some weed, then someone called my name and I lifted my head to find 2 hours had passed.

The enzyme CYP2D6 converts codeine into morphine by demethyltion of the 3 position. CYP3A4 breaks down morphine to nor morphine by demethylation of the amine.
Bergamottin and dihydrobergamottin, a flavinoids in white grapefruit juice, primarily inhibit cyp3a4 which reduces the N demethylation.

This isnt to say that metabolism is stopped, as a major route of metabolism is glucuronidation, which is the attachment of a polar sugar derived glucuronic acid to a suitable moeity such as an alcohol. This greatly enhances water solubility and subsequent filtration by the kidneys. This pathway and other conjugation (sulfation, acetylation, and other stuff; there is some overlap because these excretion mechanisms require depletable pools of precursor to conjugate) pathways are key to the metabolism and removal of many drugs.

Oxidation by cyp enzymes primarily serves to add metabolic handles to conjugate things to. Morphine has two wonderful handles (the 3 and 6 position hydroxyl groups) to attach polar groups to, so cyp inhibition will only be so effective.

Ha ha thanks! A bit technical for me, but the lowdown is that you think drinking (white) grapefruit juice might enhance the effects of pod tea?

would the same be true with grapefruit juice and codeine or Dihydrocodeine?

Ha ha thanks! A bit technical for me, but the lowdown is that you think drinking (white) grapefruit juice might enhance the effects of pod tea?

would the same be true with grapefruit juice and codeine or Dihydrocodeine?
The tldr is that grapefruit juice doesn't really inhibit the codeine to morphine conversion but does inhibit the conversions to norcodiene and normorphine (both of which are bunk).

Also, there is a pretty major metabolic route still functioning so expect a modest increase in potency/duration.

Idk exactly about dihydrocodiene but I would be surprised if grapefruit juice didn't do anything.

The tldr is that grapefruit juice doesn't really inhibit the codeine to morphine conversion but does inhibit the conversions to norcodiene and normorphine (both of which are bunk).

Also, there is a pretty major metabolic route still functioning so expect a modest increase in potency/duration.

Idk exactly about dihydrocodiene but I would be surprised if grapefruit juice didn't do anything.

so grapefruit juice is worth drinking (or at least trying) for both Poppy Tea *and* Codeine

It's definitely rough as hell on the metabolism. There's so many alkloids. I imagine that the body needs to adjust to it to get the full effects. The first time was 45 minutes of euphoria.. then itchiness from another planet. I would've gotten a good stare if I was in public that day. I threw the batch out but maybe I did the wash very poorly or something. Left the seeds exposed to open air for a while before doing a second wash. I don't see how that would have made the tea itchiness and dysphoria for 5 days in a row though.

The first time isn't the greatest. I feel that itch you're talking about. Didn't sleep all night either...brain was on fire with activity. 2nd time is where it gets good....and dangerous. Just got myself off a 5 month daily use, Cold T... 5 days of hell, still not completely right after 10 but much better.