• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to reduce anxiousness from Vyvanse

Intrinsic man

Bluelighter
Hello all, I have a 10 page research paper due tomorrow night and often times have issues with concentration. In order to make this process a bit easier, I ingested 20 mg (I think) of my gf's Vyvanse. It is working like a charm but there is one drawback; anxiousness!

It's weird because when I take recreational dosages of amphetamines I don't get much anxiousness until the comedown, but now it's kind of like a background effect. I know many of you have a script for ADD meds so I was wondering if anyone has any tips for decreasing these anxious feelings? It's not too bad but if I can get rid of it then why not.

I have etizolam, but obviously won't be taking that while I still have things to do. I don't really want to take it later either, will this feeling go away once the drug starts to wear off?

Anxiety is a common side effect of amphetamines, and of stimulants in general.

Your best bet is to take a low (lower than you normally would on the comedown) dose of a benzo (like etizolam). I find that actually focusing on something really knocks down my anxiety while on amphetamines. Etizolam's duration of action is going to be shorter than Vyvanse, however.

Do you think the Vyvanse will last a full 12 hours? My gf says it usually only lasts 6 hours for her, and that since I am not used to taking them it will probably last about 8 hours.

Do you think the Vyvanse will last a full 12 hours? My gf says it usually only lasts 6 hours for her, and that since I am not used to taking them it will probably last about 8 hours.

Probably 8-12 hours..20 mg is a pretty low dose for vyvanse...esp. for someone who uses amphet. recreationally.
vyvanse usually is smoother than others.....so it may die down sooner for you...

10 page research papers have been known to cause some background anxiety, too.

Well I don't know what else you have on hand, but I might actually recommend taking some etizolam. At least for me, etizolam in small doses (.5-1 mg) is really great for anxiolytic purposes. I am prescribed 30 mg of Vyvanse per day, and I often take .5-1 mg of etizolam to keep the anxiety at bay. Every drug affects everyone differently, so if it makes you loopy or gives you anterograde amnesia, I wouldn't take it. Also, just from one student to another: use a lot of quotations (as long as you cite them correctly) to make your paper longer.

I have a similar issue with anxiety while using my prescription vyvanse. It often gets in the way of my school work and training.

If you have not already eaten the pill, I would advise lowering your dose as you may be sensitive to the stimulant effects of dextroamphetamine. Taking supplements like valerian root, L-tryptophan and Taurine can help take a lot of the edge off of a stimulant. Unlike a benzodiazepine, the supplements do not have quite a potent effect on the medication, which will help you maintain your concentration a lot better.

Another thing that can help is to meditate beforehand. Ask yourself why the stimulant makes you feel anxious and why it is anything to be afraid of.

But at the end of the line, a benzodiazepine works to cancel any panic or anxiety, but I would not recommend this option unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks for all the replies, they were helpful.

I had class from 7:00 - 9:45 tonight and somewhere during that time the effects of the vyvanse seemed to be dying down. I still have a paper to write, however, so I obtained an additional 10 mg generic adderal (which to my understanding has a shorter duration of effects) to give me a boost so that I can hopefully finish this damn paper.

The anxiousness is not debilitating, but it is certainly uncomfortable. It's a mix between feeling focused and good and somewhat anxious. What's weird is that I am experiencing physical anxiety much more so than mental anxiety. I am not worried but my body is being a hypochondriac (I know this is mental - I'm sure some of you will know what I mean).

I ingested a small amount of alcohol, perhaps two shots at the most in an attempt to calm myself. I have found that alcohol has a very effective synergy with amphetamines and it is my hypothesis that at low doses it will help to reduce anxiety, promote calmness, while not effecting my ability to concentrate and adequately think. I will let you all know how it goes.

Though I will certainly be getting drunk later tonight ;)

I don't understand why Vyvanse causes more anxiety than instant release/extended release Dextroamphetamine. I was thinking about asking my doctor to switch from Dex Spansules to Vyvanse for more even and less peaky coverage, maybe using IR Dex prn for boosters, but it seems like it comes with its own array of side effects, including depression after the first 6-8 hours?

Shouldn't the slow conversion rate mean less of a sudden onset leading to less anxiety, as well as a smoother comedown leading to no depression or exhaustion?

To be honest Vyvanse shouldn't give you any anxiety... But if thats the case, then xanax will definitely help you.

Taking one medication to counteract the side effects of another? America! fuckyeah

Seriously, though, that's a horrible idea, and benzos tend to make inattentive ADD worse. I guess I'll give it a try, and if side effects don't agree, then just switch back to Dex. Certain BL'ers have said great things about Vyvanse, so it's probably worth giving it a shot.

Taking one medication to counteract the side effects of another? America! fuckyeah

Seriously, though, that's a horrible idea, and benzos tend to make inattentive ADD worse. I guess I'll give it a try, and if side effects don't agree, then just switch back to Dex. Certain BL'ers have said great things about Vyvanse, so it's probably worth giving it a shot.

Had to laugh!

I find vyvanse smoother...
and was under the impression most other ppl felt the same.

Who knew?
Learned my lesson. No more impressions.

Op..Good luck on the paper!

-token

Anxiety is a common side effect of amphetamines, and of stimulants in general.

Your best bet is to take a low (lower than you normally would on the comedown) dose of a benzo (like etizolam). I find that actually focusing on something really knocks down my anxiety while on amphetamines. Etizolam's duration of action is going to be shorter than Vyvanse, however.

Hi, i just registered here as i was put on vyvanse by pdoc who knows i also have severe ptsd/and a huge stress load from recent trauma..i called the pdoc back to tell him of the crippling anxiety making the good focus and ability to get out of bed possible...but...the 2mg valium he gave me isn't doing much at all. I have been off meds for 2 yrs and never wanted to take the meds for my ADHD cus i have never found anything like the pharm. dexies in time release caps i got in the late '70's. No edge, focus but not obsessive, i felt 'normal' and it's a kodak moment 30 yrs later....so i would REALLY appreciate anyone who might care to offer suggestions so when i meet with pdoc to discuss this on tues i am not distracted by the pain in my neck and back that i also have lol...it's not funny but what else can i do? i'm hoping that my 50mg dose of vyvanse in the am coupled with the right med will let me finally clean my home and do my bills instead of giving me anxiety and only the ability to complain on forums....i'm kinda hurting bad...got so much stress like we all do from life but it's kinda severe...any help is gratefully accepted..i'll do the research. thanks

I have a serious benzo dependenc; (not good, timed that etziolam dose by 20 or 30 for me) however to answer the question it's syngerzised very well better than kpin due have life's. Hope this helps

Yo do people read this stuff, I'm like a hardcore consultant to the government, I take 250mg easy of vyvanse then like 3omg of etziolam to come down. Is this just way beyond peoples tolerances? Theraputic and Euphoria are very similar to me when it comes to affective treatment . Honestly I was a Heroin addict and smoke a lot of crack for a few years and now I'm madly succesful, I help people everyday, i Have the best relationship with my family I've ever had too. I'm 25, making 30gs a year, play guitar in a rock band,; so what the fuck is happening

Hello all, I have a 10 page research paper due tomorrow night and often times have issues with concentration. In order to make this process a bit easier, I ingested 20 mg (I think) of my gf's Vyvanse. It is working like a charm but there is one drawback; anxiousness!

It's weird because when I take recreational dosages of amphetamines I don't get much anxiousness until the comedown, but now it's kind of like a background effect. I know many of you have a script for ADD meds so I was wondering if anyone has any tips for decreasing these anxious feelings? It's not too bad but if I can get rid of it then why not.

I have etizolam, but obviously won't be taking that while I still have things to do. I don't really want to take it later either, will this feeling go away once the drug starts to wear off?

I get anxiety from my perscription of vyvanse so the psych perscribed me hydroxyzine which works great. Unlike xanax and the like, hydroxyzine doesn't give me the side effect of forgetfulness which is great because forgetting stuff work renders the increased focus from vyvanse practically useless while doing school work. Its a pretty common perscription aswell so not hard to find.

I take 50mg vyvanse I have been on Ritalin, Adderall IR and XR... And Vyvanse gives me the least anxiety of all I usually get social anxiety and start sweating but like someone said if you find something to keep you occupied that's the best thing. And even the 50's only last me about 3-4 hours honestly the rest is just lingering amp effects without the focus. And I wouldn't suggest taking a benzo then that would be just defeating the whole purpose of taking the medication in the first place.