• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How to quit suboxone without causeing akathisia and depression

zagor

Bluelighter
I need to quit it. But whenever I try first I get akathisia then depression. I have depression anyway. Is there a way to quit this drug and not cause depression and akathisia?

Some are more prone to akathisia than others. I do know that withdrawal induced akathisia sucks. Benzos help but are extremely addictive and cause a dependence far worse than buprenorphine and worsen depression.

Ropinirole or pramipexole could help maybe. Or extracts from mucuna pruriens readily available online (containing l-dopa) might help but this is just a guess. Might help.

A big part is the rate of decrease. If you are having a hard time decrease slower. You could even grind up the pills into a powder and put it into solution and decrease in tiny amounts. Every day down is a day down however incremental.

I got off of 380mg of methadone years ago, took me a bit over a year.

I was on oxycodone but I over abused it as well as opioids so they have no effect on me whatsoever. I was given suboxone which I didn't even need but it helped my depression and akathisia. I'm fine as long as I take it but I want off. From what I have read even the most strong mentally got some depression after stopping suboxone.

Are you still on Subs? I just found this old post and have exactly the same problem. After trying everything possible, in my humble opinion there is no better cure for the depression than Bupe. That's the fact. So I'm not even trying to quit anymore. "Don't fix something that is not broken." ✌️