• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to prep generic oxy for IV?

mt209

Greenlighter
This is a topic i have searched for hours, coming up with only a few possibilities, so I need your help BL.

My problem is that most of the month I can only get the Mallinckrodt brand 80's, and just like the TEVA's before them, they gel all to hell when wet.

Has anyone here ever successfully IV'd a TEVA or Mallie? I'm hoping some one can give me direction on how to prep these correctly. I'm well aware of the potential dangers, thats why I'm asking for better ideas (no need to preach not to IV any pill).

I've found a few posts on the net that talk about "crisping", and another that said to let it sit for like 4 hours then strain with a coffee filter. these seem a little out there. I'm sure there is someone on this forum who has accomplished or at least read of a way to correctly prep generic oxy that gels.

found on another web forum

Take off the outside coating first (as always). Crush them up as fine as you can. Put the powder in your spoon. Add just enough water to let it gel up. After the powder is gelled, add more water (about two and a half full syringes full). Get this mixture to boil and let it do so for a good thirty seconds, making sure to move the spoon around a little bit so that most of the water comes in contact with the gelled up pill. Though the pill doesn't actually boil into the water as most oxys do, the oxycodone is still seeping into the water. Put your filter next to the gelled up glop of goop and let it soak in the water. Fill up your syringe as much as you can, without touching the goop, as this may clog your needle. If it only fills a little bit of your syringe, add more water to the spoon and repeat. I usually do about 40 mg of oxycodone in a shot, so what I usually do is put all 80 mg in the spoon to start, do this procedure, get my shot, and then put the spoon away with the remaining water and goop. When I come back to it later, I simply repeat this process with all that's left on the spoon and usually get another nice shot out of it.

This seems feasible, but what does BL think about boiling the OC solution for 30 seconds or more? Will this destroy any of the oxy?

This is the best method I've found so far, but I'm sure there's some one who has more experience with it. Input wanted.

Their is plenty of threads on this, you just gotta do a more careful search.

Iving roxis isnt a good idea at all. Do you normally IV?

how to do it is to turn it into a powder and in spoon add water stur it and then heat it up for ONLY 15 seconds the most sometimes shorter, because any longer turns it into a waxy paste, but heating it a little dissolves it more into the water, u gotta get the hang of it and heat it right before the point of it starting to wax up, so ya only 10-15 secs of heat and then have fun

Keep in mind that heating it allows more binders and fillers to go into solution as well. And they are terrible for you.

Also, a wheel filter should be used for this.

Iving roxis isnt a good idea at all. Do you normally IV?

The OP I think is doing -contins rather than roxies, I do not know roxies to gel up. Crush a roxy into isotonic saline and use a micron filter, you're good to go. As for a pill that gels, I've never had any luck. On another thread someone said isopropyl alcohol will evaporate and the gel with it, but someone I believe scoffed at that as fantasy.

I'd use a series of filters. Coming right at it with a 0.2 micron does nothing, the gel sticks up the filter, but using a larger filter, 1.0, and working your way down, may work.

here in australia i used to get the mallinckrodt OC's and i never had a problem with them gelling up. i hear a lot about this. i've also heard from people they don't have problems with them jelling. i'm certain theyre the mall's because i used to get mallinkcrodt morphine pills as well.

don't add heat to them, as Mr Blonde said more binders and fillers are going to dissolve into the solution. a wheel or micron filter is also a must, these filters will eliminate a great deal of those binders and filler, not all but a significant amount. the wheel and micron filters also filter out any bacteria that may have contaminated the solution from non-sterile equipment. if you cant get ahold of a micron or wheel filter and are intent on still shooting you should use a cotton filter and filter the solution at least 3 times into a seperate spoon. it's not the same as a wheel filter but triple filtering it will leave you with a safer solution that has only been drawn up once through a tight cotton.

my simple process was

crush said pill and add into a spoon
add 80-100 units of water (a full insulin syringe)
mix water and powder together and let sit for 5 mins, stirring ocassionally. this allows as much drug to dissolve as possible and letting it sit lets the other fillers settle to the bottom of the spoon
filter solution. you should be left with 50+ units.

this is only a quick guide outlining the basics. there are HEAPS of guides regarding IV oxy on this site. you obviously didnt search properly.

I have herd miths about acetone but I have never read a full post on it and acetone leaves quite the residue behind.

Last edited:
Wanting to bang Roxi 30s...Help needed..

Ok, so I've shot up dope but never pills, and I hear it's a little bit riskier due to pill binders and such. So I'm asking for your help.

Is it absolutely necessary to use a micron filter? As in, will one shot with just a regular cotton do me any harm? I guess it's impossible to say, but figured I'd ask.

The roxys I have are the actavis A 215 blue 30mg pills. I have 3 of them. Looking to get the most out of them. How should I go about this?

I was thinking about using a ghetto pill grinder (Hose clamp) and grinding the pill down into a spoon. For anyone who hasn't grinded down a pill via a hose clamp, it's gives you pretty much the FINEST powder you can possibly have. No clumps what so ever. It's ground down as much as humanly possible. So, gonna use that to grind it down into a spoon and add about 50 units of water(cold shot) and stir well with the back of the plunger, then filter through a cotton.

Now here is where I'm kinda lost. Do I absolutely have to heat the solution? I've read mixed opinions. Some say to heat because it gets any left over oxy that hasn't broken down into the water to desolve better, resulting in a little stronger of a hit, but you run the chance of wasting the solution. Others say that heating will break down the pill binders and let them pass through a cotton. Which would be bad.

If anyone has any step by step instructions, please feel free to post em. This is harm reduction forum is it not?! :)

Thanks BL'ers.

you can get by without a micron filter probably wont cause any problems, i use to shoot oxy when i was a kid but i was an idiot. Its highly advisable to filter pills if you must shoot them if this is a one time thing you can prolly get by with a fuck it attitude.. thats a personal desicion. When i shot oxy i would hammer the pill up cook it then ice the bottom of the spoon to get all the bs wax at the bottom then draw the liquid up filterless. Stupi Stupid but i never got an abscess.

As far as shooting roxis just dont man, you ever see someone with an IV coke habbit, well i quite rember my hi wearing off in 45 minutes when shot. Swallow the fuckers they have a 99 precent oral availability. If you want it to rush you just take em on an empty stomach then eat a big ass meal right after wards!

Shooting oxy, micron filtering, fixing up for that rush!

The roxys I have are the actavis A 215 blue 30mg pills. I have 3 of them. Looking to get the most out of them. How should I go about this?

Here's how I would do this:

put the 3 pills in 3 to 4 cc's of water. The micron filter will absorb some of the solution, and the less you put through the filter the more "percentage wise" it's going to take. So you want to dilute it as much as possible.

For example, if 15mg IV is good enough for you (that's how much I would need for a killer rush) then use 0.5 CC after combining slightly more than 3cc of bacteriostatic water into the 90mg of oxycodone.

I don't know if these particular pills are going to gel in water; good luck finding that one out!

If you can get more oxy, and micron filter all of it at once, you might fare better.

If you're only doing the 3 pills I doubt you would need to cotton filter BUT JUST TO BE SAFE please do so anyways. I've had troubles not cotton filtering < 10 small pills, or 4-5 larger pills, so I try to cotton filter first now. :)

For more information on micron filtering: Micron Filtering Mega Thread & FAQ

you can get by without a micron filter probably wont cause any problems, i use to shoot oxy when i was a kid but i was an idiot. Its highly advisable to filter pills if you must shoot them if this is a one time thing you can prolly get by with a fuck it attitude.. thats a personal desicion. When i shot oxy i would hammer the pill up cook it then ice the bottom of the spoon to get all the bs wax at the bottom then draw the liquid up filterless. Stupi Stupid but i never got an abscess.

As far as shooting roxis just dont man, you ever see someone with an IV coke habbit, well i quite rember my hi wearing off in 45 minutes when shot. Swallow the fuckers they have a 99 precent oral availability. If you want it to rush you just take em on an empty stomach then eat a big ass meal right after wards!

Yeah I agree X_Fizzler, if you are going for maximum recreational potential, oxy is better taken orally. The IV rush of oxycodone is very short lived. I can get a 2 hour high out of 15mg IV'd oxycodone, but this is something I've only done once, and I've only done opiates once since then (1mg dilaudid IV'd).

If I was going to try to get high off of OC's, I would parachute the contents of a pill. Parachuting is when you empty the contents of a pill or capsule unto 1 ply of toilet paper (or choice parachuting medium that gets dissolved quickly and efficiently in the stomach), tieing it up so as to get all the powder secure, and swallowing it with some liquid (water, milk MMMM, etc.)

However I've only had OC once, and I IV'd it. Mostly because I wasn't planning to be high for 8-12 hours, I wanted to be high for 2-4 hours at the very longest, and then be in mild WD for my next Suboxone dose. It worked out just fine...besides for the fact that in this one and only experience I've had w/ it, I didn't micron filter, just used a cotton.

If you are going to use this more than once, *PLEASE* micron filter. :)

Last edited:
This is an old thread but i thought i would share my process of making an IV solution from pills that gel up. Typically i use Morphine, and most of the different Morphine brands here in Canada have that gel crap in them. Sometimes I'm lucky and can score Morphine Sulphate pills that don't gel, but that's only once in a while. (Kadians, Eslons, etc)

Anyways... I usually bang 200mg at once (what a rush! haha my feet get itchy thinking about it)

** I use a 3ml syringe to draw up the solution and backload into a 1ml syringe **

1. Take the coating off of your pills. (Suck them and wash with napkin, or run under warm water and wipe clean with a napkin)
2. Crush up the pills into a fine powder (I use a clean spoon and a clean plate)
3. Get all your materials ready. (Rigs, Cooker or spoon, Cotton Filters, etc.)
4. Have ALL the materials ready, cotton nearby, 3ml ready to draw up asap, this is key
5. Scoop your crushed pill powder onto a card or something similar to dump it in spoon/cooker
6. Put about 1.5ml of water into your spoon/cooker.
7. Boil the water with a lighter or whatever - set it on a soft surface (paper)

YOU MUST DO THE REST QUICKLY BEFORE THE PILL GELS

8. Dump the pill powder into the hot water
9. Throw in the cotton
10. Draw up the solution quickly - if you are quick and did this correctly then the pill should not gel at all really and you are left with a good solution to bang
11. Backload into your 1ml fit, and blast off!

This works every time for me without fail. If i let the pill sit in the water for too long it will start to gel. Being quick is key, have everything ready beforehand.